• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by moneyisevil View Post

He's not a rookie he's played in 3 seasons and his pass completion percentage is 55%, against us is almost 78%, they scored the 2nd highest points in a game with him at QB, his highest against the lowly browns in 2016, thats telling me something with this D ! Overall it was his 2nd best game QBR wise of his short career and he's played some awful teams !
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

He's not a rookie he's played in 3 seasons and his pass completion percentage is 55%, against us is almost 78%, they scored the 2nd highest points in a game with him at QB, his highest against the lowly browns in 2016, thats telling me something with this D ! Overall it was his 2nd best game QBR wise of his short career and he's played some awful teams !
      He was a rookie in 2016 and played a couple of games for the Patriots. He was then traded to the Colts right before the season started in 2017 and had to learn on the fly with few surrounding talent and a weak coaching staff. Despite all these issues, Ballard and Reich thought highly enough of him enough to avoid trading him when Luck came back. They also gave him a huge one year extension and did not bother to bring in any other QB for competition. Brissett is going to be better this year because of Reich and a better roster.
      Last edited by Xenos; 09-14-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Cause it's impossible that he's gotten better as a player, has better weapons around him or has gotten a much better play caller, right?

Comment

• moneyisevil
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Cause it's impossible that he's gotten better as a player, has better weapons around him or has gotten a much better play caller, right?
          You guys are the one's that said he sucked before the game now you change to he's brilliant,you guys are amazing at changing what comes out of your mouths every minute, it's incredible !

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

You guys are the one's that said he sucked before the game now you change to he's brilliant,you guys are amazing at changing what comes out of your mouths every minute, it's incredible !
            Find a quote of mine where I say that he sucks. I'll wait...

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Never said he sucked. Thought he was underrated and could be really good. But hoped he sucked against us. What is amazing is you constantly making up things. Either this or some ridiculous nonsense about other teams not wanting to trade with Telesco. It's incredible what comes out of your mouth every minute.

Comment

• moneyisevil
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Never said he sucked. Thought he was underrated and could be really good. But hoped he sucked against us. What is amazing is you constantly making up things. Either this or some ridiculous nonsense about other teams not wanting to trade with Telesco. It's incredible what comes out of your mouth every minute.
                Even funnier your meme reminds me of who you actually are !

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Making an judgement or projection of Brisett based on 2017 is completely rediculous. He was inexperienced and forced into a bad situation right before the season...no offseason in the system to prepare. He had the worst oline and bottom 3 overall roster talent in the league at that time. jesus himself would have struggled to look good in those situations.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

1st games are always tricky because teams have been preparing for them literally the entire offseason. Indy has been feeding Brisett a lot of extra film study and reps against a D that is structurally very similar to our own. They gave him great protection and his passes were coming out perfect.

We have had a lot of injuries, but there are still some pretty good players out there. We really missed Perryman. White had a good game overall, with some excellent plays, but he had a few, like the big runs, where he was not in his gap, One, he ran completely the wrong way, so even though the rest of the D was in position, the cutback was there. When someone jumped in to cover up, it was a big game. Davis had some plays when his reads were either slow or off too. They missed not having the LB corp playing in PS.

Tillery and Jones both had some sloppy technique plays. They were dipping their shoulders to get skinny and slip into the pocket on the pass rush. But when Indy runs at them, they are out of square and cannot hold their gaps that way.

Facyson did not have as bad a game as his stats suggest. He was in the receivers hip-pocket on most of the plays he gave up. He just needs to do a better job of reacting to the ball. He was doing the DB equivalent of the RB not finishing the play. He has to fix it, but he is a lot closer to being a good player than being horrible, provided his confidence remains intact.

The OL may struggle some through 3 quarters. I say may since Hand is questionable. Det has a pretty good DL who can play stout and rush the QB, especially in the middle. They don't have much depth, and no matter how good a guy like Snacks is, he is going to be tired and much easier to block come the 4th quarter. It's not a coincidence that so many teams can mount a comeback in the 4th quarter. DL legs get tired and they simply cannot generate enough explosion to get past the OL. We need to wear them down, and stay close enough to make sure we do. And rotate our own DL enough to keep people fresh, so we have some pass rush late in the game. That is especially critical given Decker may not play at LT for Det.

We play a very simple D for a reason. I expect our D will start to get better and the rookies and 2nd year guys will be able to contribute as the season goes on, as will any vets who come back from injuries. Young players get better the more they play. I will keep saying it, but if you track a young players reps, there is a very strong corelation to their development as a player. If we are forced to play younger players, they will get better.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Even funnier your meme reminds me of who you actually are !
                      Aren't you precious? That's not a meme, genius. I'm sure it's not your fault though, since stat sheets don't really cover those sorts of things

Still waiting for you to point out where I said Brissett sucks.

Comment

• moneyisevil
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Aren't you precious? That's not a meme, genius. I'm sure it's not your fault though, since stat sheets don't really cover those sorts of things

Still waiting for you to point out where I said Brissett sucks.
                        • Meme a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users. your as dumb as as your posts kid !

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

• Meme a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users. your as dumb as as your posts kid !
                          I actually know what a meme is, and that isn't one, but way to double down on your own ignorance. :rofl:

BTW, calling someone dumb while improperly using "your" instead of the contraction "you're" , is classic shit.:ml:

Comment

Working...
                          X