• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I laugh at this - people have been saying the same thing since Randall Cunningham was playing decades ago. Mobility is a wonderful, secondary trait to possess but if you can’t be a pocket QB first and foremost you absolutely will not have a long successful NFL career.
    Yes. Have to make throws from the pocket.
    Outside the pocket and on the move as well.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I laugh at this - people have been saying the same thing since Randall Cunningham was playing decades ago. Mobility is a wonderful, secondary trait to possess but if you can’t be a pocket QB first and foremost you absolutely will not have a long successful NFL career.
      You're funny, absolutely no one has said they want QB that is mobile first over any other trait. What we did say is that a good pocket QB that is also mobile is more necessary today than ever before.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yes. Have to make throws from the pocket.
        Outside the pocket and on the move as well.
        Making throws outside the pocket is a wonderful, distant secondary attribute to being able to pass out of the pocket, read defenses, etc.

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Making throws outside the pocket is a wonderful, distant secondary attribute to being able to pass out of the pocket, read defenses, etc.
          I'll counter that and say statuesque pocket QB's that cannot scramble or throw on the run will find less and less success in the NFL.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

You're funny, absolutely no one has said they want QB that is mobile first over any other trait. What we did say is that a good pocket QB that is also mobile is more necessary today than ever before.
            It was “necessary” when Brady was drafted, yet it never stopped him from being the GOAT. I’d love to have a mobile QB, but my point is getting a guy like Hurts or Love or going with Taylor would be a disaster because they aren’t good QBs first and foremost.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

3 out of 4 road teams win on WC weekend

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Did you see the stat that none of the teams were were near the top of the passing yardage list but they all were near the top of the running yardage list?

We tend to say that it's a passing league now, but fact says the running game still matters a lot.

You guys made some great points about the QB position - discussion like that is what makes this a good forum.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                  Superbowl?
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Los Angeles/Chicago
                  • Send PM

Average winning teams points was appx 19 ish, perhaps our D should get better before our O?

Comment

• ETicket
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Did anyone catch Collinsworth say during the post game segment that he thought: -1) Brady has more left in the tank - 2) Brady won't be back in NE - 3) The Chargers are a likely landing spot. To which Al replied that Twitter will light up! - LOL

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

I'll counter that and say statuesque pocket QB's that cannot scramble or throw on the run will find less and less success in the NFL.
                      Yep...especially when edge rushers are getting so much faster, stronger, with better moves than ever before...it's not that mobility is an exclusive trait to other desirable QB characteristics...it's just that mobility IN ADDITION to accuracy and ability to check down, etc., is becoming more and more important...

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Even the vaunted Saints o-line was getting beat and giving up pressure. Had Brees been a little more mobile, I think they win that game.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                          Even the vaunted Saints o-line was getting beat and giving up pressure. Had Brees been a little more mobile, I think they win that game.
                          Or the Aints O line performed better.

Comment

Working...
                          X