• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Today's Titans/Chiefs game should be interesting. It will answer a couple questions. Can the Chiefs be beaten using a dominate ground game? Can slower LB's keep up with the Chiefs offense? "Trenchers" and "Athletes are Football Players Too" crowds will be watching...
    This game looks like a classic contrast in styles and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Tannehill May surprise some people with throws like he did BALTIMORE when he hit that 50 or so yard bomb right after Tenn got the ball back to go up 14-0. But Vrabel will want to ground and pound and Reid will want to get ahead early to take that away. Nobody has been able to stop Henry in the playoffs and that was against two very good defensive teams. The Chiefs aren’t on the Pats or Ravens level. Is Chris Jones playing? Should be a good one.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Boomer is comparing Ryan Tannehill as a combination Tom Brady & Lamar Jackson:

that's what winning football does to people's judgement.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I expect the Titans to attack the Chiefs DE's in the run game... showcasing their OT's. When Chiefs safeties begin to cheat up to help out against the run, Titans will play-action and throw deep.

We'll see how Vrabel game plans the Chiefs offense. Personnel wise, I would expect Vrabel to blitz with Landry/Correa to pressure Mahommes into early decision making. Spy Mahommes with Rashaan Evans. Adoree Jackson and Logan Ryan should harass and re-direct WR's at the LOS, then pass off to deep safeties Vaccaro and Byard. CB's look for RB out of backfield or opposite side WR drag routes. I suspect the Chiefs offense can be schemed against even though Titans have less athletic defenders.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

This game looks like a classic contrast in styles and I am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Tannehill May surprise some people with throws like he did BALTIMORE when he hit that 50 or so yard bomb right after Tenn got the ball back to go up 14-0. But Vrabel will want to ground and pound and Reid will want to get ahead early to take that away. Nobody has been able to stop Henry in the playoffs and that was against two very good defensive teams. The Chiefs aren’t on the Pats or Ravens level. Is Chris Jones playing? Should be a good one.
          Titans get pressure up the middle with Simmons/Casey. They are not afraid to send extra people. Should be interesting.

The Chiefs defense is under rated. Their new coordinators aggressive style seemed to mesh the last quarter of the season.

I like K.C., but note the Titans beat down two good teams on the road.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
            Boomer is comparing Ryan Tannehill as a combination Tom Brady & Lamar Jackson:

that's what winning football does to people's judgement.
            LOL! This is why I take talking-heads' statements with a grain of salt...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              I expect the Titans to attack the Chiefs DE's in the run game... showcasing their OT's. When Chiefs safeties begin to cheat up to help out against the run, Titans will play-action and throw deep.

We'll see how Vrabel game plans the Chiefs offense. Personnel wise, I would expect Vrabel to blitz with Landry/Correa to pressure Mahommes into early decision making. Spy Mahommes with Rashaan Evans. Adoree Jackson and Logan Ryan should harass and re-direct WR's at the LOS, then pass off to deep safeties Vaccaro and Byard. CB's look for RB out of backfield or opposite side WR drag routes. I suspect the Chiefs offense can be schemed against even though Titans have less athletic defenders.
              In several ways, it's a great matchup.
              I like the TEN DBs.
              And AJ Brown.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I like the TEN DBs.
                And AJ Brown.
                Yes. I liked Adoree Jackson out of college. He was not a favorite of most pundits. Mocks had him slipping into 4th/5th rounds...
                I have to admit, AJ Brown was not on my radar.

Unfortunately, I'll probably miss this game. Day-trip with family today into Mexico!

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I like the TEN DBs.
                  And AJ Brown.
                  AJ Brown is like a Derrick Henry version of a wr. Vrabel definitely favors the bigger stronger guys

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Agree that K.C. will try to get up early. Not just because they’re at home but to put more on Tannehill’s shoulders.

i always thought he was underrated considering what he had down in Miami. Certainly not a Brady or Lamar, but more than a game manager. I think K.C. stacks 8 in the box like teams did against us with LT & Brees.

All in all, today will be about Tannehill I think.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

AJ looked good early. Chris Jones is playing and a key guy for KC.

titans up early 3-0

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Another slow start for KC. 3 and out

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM