• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Humbrees has always loved Brees and hated Rivers. In his sick and twisted mind he blames Rivers for pushing Brees out of town. His hates goes all the way back to the UT board.

Herbert certainly has a stronger arm but better than Rivers ever was ?

Look at his complete lack of respect for Rivers, the qb that played his heart out for San Diego for 17 years.

It's completely disgusting
    I love this debate.
    To a newcomer, it has all the appearance of some ancient squabble between families in some remote village in the Balkans, ready to ignite into a full blown turf war.

Can you guys save it for the empty post draft period?
    Then i'll be sure to remind you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

And by the way, through no fault of his own, if Herbert had entered the NFL in 2004 he would not have started under Marty Schottenheimer his first two seasons, either. Nor would Herbert have thrown 30+ plus touchdown passes with LaDainian Tomlinson putting up one of the greatest seasons a running back has ever had in 2006. That's why these comparisons are unfair.
      Herbert may have beaten out Brees had he reported timely in 2004. Rivers held out and gave Brees a leg up in 2004, which allowed Brees to completely turn around a sputtering career.

Brees threw 27 TDs in 2004, and 24 in 2005, so it is not out of the question that Herbert could have thrown 30 TDs in those seasons with LT.
      Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2022, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Herbert may have beaten out Brees had he reported timely in 2004. Rivers held out and gave Brees a leg up in 2004, which allowed Brees to completely turn around a sputtering career.

Brees threw 27 TDs in 2004, and 24 in 2005, so it is not out of the question that Herbert could have thrown 30 TDs in those seasons with LT.
        Marty would have never let a rookie or second-year quarterback throw 595 and 672 passes. And given the way the NFL was set up, in which rookies were getting paid more than most veterans, I think there's a good chance Herbert would have held out, too.

Either way, we'll never know.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I get teary eyed when I see my fellow Charger fans defend Rivers. No, he was not the perfect QB, but one thing is for sure he played his heart out every Sunday and he gave everything he had to give to this team for 16 years. Yes, 16 years. Including the time he played in the AFC Championship game with no acl. One hit to the knee could have ended his career but he didn't care. Rivers was old school and he would have played that game with a bloody stump.

He was honored to suit up for the San Diego Chargers. When you think of this eras me only athletes, take note that you will never see a team first QB like Rivers ever again. A qb that would put his health on the line for the team.

Of course every Charger fan is rooting for Herbert as he is the annointed one. He has been chosen to take the baton from Rivers and to win a championship for us. And God willing he will do so. He will accomplish what Rivers, Fouts, Humphries, and even Wheelihan could not do.

But make no mistake, the Godless Brees lover Humbrees posting in this thread only seeks to divide Chargers fans. He was nick named Humbrees on the UT board for a reason.

Know this, his posts are not so much about about Rivers vs Herbert, but really about Rivers vs Brees.

His thinly veiled attempts taking shots at Rivers are are long overdue revenge as he has waited 17 years for this day to happen.

That is how sick and insidious he really is. You see he could never take shot at Rivers while he was the qb, but now that Rivers is retired and he sees that Herbert is good, the knives are coming out. But why you ask ?

Rivers vs Brees is the classic struggle of good vs evil. A selfless team first QB willing to sacrifice his career for his team vs a selfish QB that sued his own mother (breaking her heart) and leading to her suicide. And it doesn't even appear that Brees ever really cared that he caused his own mother's death.

So here we are in the Philip Rivers thread. talking about Philip Rivers, minding our own business. But the evil Humbrees couldn't stand it and had to start posting about Herbert. Any praise given to Rivers will drive him into a frenzy.

I hope after 17 years he gets the help he needs as I truly feel sorry for him.

Comment

• Nunc Coepi
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2020
            • Send PM

The post above from PR#1 was well-worded and moving. It is true. Rivers put his team first, and he stayed with the Chargers year after year , though he could have gone elsewhere.He played his heart out for the Chargers, and how did Spanos repay him? By getting rid of him to make Anthony Lynn happy. Lynn wanted Tyrod Taylor. To me, the treatment of Rivers by Spanos showed the problems with this organization, which will continue. And Herbert will not fix them. There's understandably a lot of enthusiasm about his future, but he plays for the Chargers. And the Chargers will continue to be the Chargers. I don't expect much to go differently for this team

​​​​

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I just have one question in this weird thread - who is Humbrees?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Marty would have never let a rookie or second-year quarterback throw 595 and 672 passes. And given the way the NFL was set up, in which rookies were getting paid more than most veterans, I think there's a good chance Herbert would have held out, too.

Either way, we'll never know.
                Rivers under Marty once had 11 pass attempts in a game as a first year starter. ...in his 3rd season.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Rivers under Marty once had 11 pass attempts in a game as a first year starter. ...in his 3rd season.
                  Mac Jones had 2 pass attempts ina game this season

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Time will tell. That is all.

the one thing I will say is that Herbert gives me a sense of calm and Rivers made me anxious.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Second best fictional Chargers qb ever next to
                      "Rivert".
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        You certainly lead this thread in snide remarks.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                          I get teary eyed when I see my fellow Charger fans defend Rivers. No, he was not the perfect QB, but one thing is for sure he played his heart out every Sunday and he gave everything he had to give to this team for 16 years. Yes, 16 years. Including the time he played in the AFC Championship game with no acl. One hit to the knee could have ended his career but he didn't care. Rivers was old school and he would have played that game with a bloody stump.

He was honored to suit up for the San Diego Chargers. When you think of this eras me only athletes, take note that you will never see a team first QB like Rivers ever again. A qb that would put his health on the line for the team.

Of course every Charger fan is rooting for Herbert as he is the annointed one. He has been chosen to take the baton from Rivers and to win a championship for us. And God willing he will do so. He will accomplish what Rivers, Fouts, Humphries, and even Wheelihan could not do.

But make no mistake, the Godless Brees lover Humbrees posting in this thread only seeks to divide Chargers fans. He was nick named Humbrees on the UT board for a reason.

Know this, his posts are not so much about about Rivers vs Herbert, but really about Rivers vs Brees.

His thinly veiled attempts taking shots at Rivers are are long overdue revenge as he has waited 17 years for this day to happen.

That is how sick and insidious he really is. You see he could never take shot at Rivers while he was the qb, but now that Rivers is retired and he sees that Herbert is good, the knives are coming out. But why you ask ?

Rivers vs Brees is the classic struggle of good vs evil. A selfless team first QB willing to sacrifice his career for his team vs a selfish QB that sued his own mother (breaking her heart) and leading to her suicide. And it doesn't even appear that Brees ever really cared that he caused his own mother's death.

So here we are in the Philip Rivers thread. talking about Philip Rivers, minding our own business. But the evil Humbrees couldn't stand it and had to start posting about Herbert. Any praise given to Rivers will drive him into a frenzy.

I hope after 17 years he gets the help he needs as I truly feel sorry for him.

Whoa, surprised I never heard about this.

Relations between Drew Brees and his mother were strained at times and the quarterback asked her to stop using his picture in TV commercials touting her candidacy for a Texas appeals court seat in 2006.
                          Mina Brees said she had not anticipated upsetting her son and sent out replacement commercials omitting mention of him.

At the time, Drew Brees called his relationship with his mother “nonexistent,” saying it crumbled six years earlier when he refused to hire her as his agent.

Comment

Working...
                          X