• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You must not have watched last nights game. The KC OL was terrible. They are paper thin at RB. Mahomes succeeds because he can make great throws on the run
    You are right, the offensive line played terrible last night and they scored 13 points and lost. Coincidence?

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You are right, the offensive line played terrible last night and they scored 13 points and lost. Coincidence?
      Like I said, paper thin at RB, 2 of their top receivers were out of the game and most of all they couldn't stop the colts run game. TOP was super lopsided. Just do t tell me Mahomes is successful because the Chiefs have a great line. They dont

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Like I said, paper thin at RB, 2 of their top receivers were out of the game and most of all they couldn't stop the colts run game. TOP was super lopsided. Just do t tell me Mahomes is successful because the Chiefs have a great line. They dont
        They do have a great line when it is healthy. Certainly better than the Chargers line. Yet even a beloved QB like Mahomes can't do it by himself.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

When their OL doesn't play well, the KC O is pretty human. We have a terrible OL, and we look appalling........ Coincident???????????

The way you can tell is that our RB is getting hit before they get to the LOS, and the QB is being hit before he can set his feet. Rivers almost never set his feet.

Football is s team sport. Fans love to pretend and delude themselves that you can overcome anything, but the fact is any play you can't block is not going to work, but Whiz and Lynn still have to call a game, despite the fact that the only Bronco we seemed to be able to block decently was Miller, and even that wasn't on every play.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Beachy, I've come around to your thinking. The only thing making our O work (with such abysmal Oline play) was above average skill players. Twill was that, and no one has stepped up to be that guy opposite KA. We miss him like we would miss decent blocking if we had ever experienced it this century.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Beachy, I've come around to your thinking. The only thing making our O work (with such abysmal Oline play) was above average skill players. Twill was that, and no one has stepped up to be that guy opposite KA. We miss him like we would miss decent blocking if we had ever experienced it this century.
              Id call TWill an above average player but that's it. Don't get me wrong he made some big plays but also wasn't much of a possession WR and Phil got a lot of INTs throwing his way as he didn't fight for the ball or even try and knock it away.
              Nobody wanted the team to give him the money he got from the Raiders. Not one person wanted to go much of 30 mill let alone north of 40.

Do we miss him? Of course we do because Benjamin is worthless but we would of had to pay him and nobody here wanted the front office to pay him more than 7-8 mil a year.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-08-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I know, it's hindsight at this point at best. Still hoping for more from Mike Williams, but not holding my breath.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  I know, it's hindsight at this point at best. Still hoping for more from Mike Williams, but not holding my breath.
                  We need more than one receiver to show up per game. Other than the Dolphins game where we lost inman, it's been either Allen or Williams making most of the catches.

We need to get Benjamin off the field and let someone else try and step up. Rivers needs another receiver (TE or WR) he can trust.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

The rest of this season is going to be about how well our younger players develop. We have players all over the roster who have not played very much, but at in key positions. Some we went into the season that way (OL) and some because of injuries. Either way, we need a lot of players to step up.

If we start winning now, we may be able to salvage the season. Even if we don't, we need the younger players to get reps in practice and in games to be ready for next season. Either way, it all rides on young players. We cannot bring in enough new players to offset the injuries, and their aren't enough quality players available, even if we wanted to bring in outside help.

Developing players is ALWAYS the key to a good franchise. The entire franchise needs to be built around whatever needs to be done to develop the players we need. ANYTHING that a team does that isn't based around success in acquiring and developing talent is only a band aid fix.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Tyrell Williams misses practice with plantar fasciitis

Posted by Mike Florio on October 16, 2019, 11:49 PM EDT
                      The Raiders had extra time to get ready for Sunday’s game against the Packers at Lambeau Field. One of their key players continues to be injured, however.

Receiver Tyrell Williams didn’t practice on Wednesday due to a foot injury. Williams missed the Week Five win over the Bears in London after starting the first four games of the season — and catching a touchdown pass in each game.

He has plantar fasciitis,” coach Jon Gruden said Wednesday, via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com. “Whatever that is, he has. It’s not getting much better.”

Tackle Trent Brown, who has started every game this season, missed practice on Wednesday with a calf injury. Brown was sued Tuesday for domestic violence; he denies the allegations.

The Raiders started 1-2, but they have since won at Indianpolis and against the Bears in London. If they can find a way to beat the Packers on Sunday, the league will be firmly on notice that Jon Gruden is back, and so are the Raiders.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

The offense misses what Tyrell Williams brought - deep speed and a 3rd playmaker at WR. Agree or disagree?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The offense misses what Tyrell Williams brought - deep speed and a 3rd playmaker at WR. Agree or disagree?
                          Of course we miss him but this isnt about that. For YOU this is about MW so id say.....give it a rest already. He isnt here, they couldnt afford him and he is hurt and hasnt played since week 4...but will today.

We need to draft another WR which i think is obvious. IMO we needed to draft one back in April

Comment

Working...
                          X