• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Another difference between both is that one is amazingly durable while the other is...quite the opposite.
    And I'll counter with,... since his back injury in TC as a rookie, MW hasnt missed a game and played in 10 games as a rookie when healed up. Played today with a sore knee as Tyrell has.

I suppose we have a different view of the word opposite.
    ​​​​​​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Another difference between both is that one is amazingly durable while the other is...quite the opposite.
      Another difference is one is a Charger so screw the guy on the Raiders.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And I'll counter with,... since his back injury in TC as a rookie, MW hasnt missed a game and played in 10 games as a rookie when healed up. Played today with a sore knee as Tyrell has.

​​​​​​
        I think Mike Williams is a better player than Tyrell but the most important trait in athletes is durability and Mike's has been questionable at best in that regard.

Hopefully he can build on what he did last season.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I think Mike Williams is a better player than Tyrell but the most important trait in athletes is durability and Mike's has been questionable at best in that regard.

Hopefully he can build on what he did last season.
          How is he questionable in that regard after what I posted? Tyrell was banged up the year he went for over 1000 yards but played thru it. So did MW
          today.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-15-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

https://www.chiefs.com/video/bashaud...-raiders-drive

This play may remind some of why we didn't want to pay $11 mill per season for the guy.

A good player, but not a franchise guy. Mike Williams is still improving and will get there.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

​​​​​​
              not sure how you slice it, and.... a neck injury in college is an injury concern coming into the NFL, @least last time I checked on things ??

and not gonna read all his draft profiles again, let alone do other research, and.... as have mentioned before, not everyone was so high on the guy.

has problems w/his focus, leads to drops, less than optimum route running, lacks crispness/acceleration out of breaks, has avg release/quickness (can be jammed) @LOS, needs to be coached up, not there yet/needs to figure it out (commitment/dedication to craft).... needs to develop NFL mindset.

there is no doubt he is the prototypical PR style target, and.... dude is still coming along.... he has not surpassed the production nor talent of Tyrell and is not a dependable, down in and down out target for PR anytime in the foreseeable future, 'specially when he has the option of KA or his backs out of the backfield.... he's a third option @present.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                not sure how you slice it, and.... a neck injury in college is an injury concern coming into the NFL, @least last time I checked on things ??

and not gonna read all his draft profiles again, let alone do other research, and.... as have mentioned before, not everyone was so high on the guy.

has problems w/his focus, leads to drops, less than optimum route running, lacks crispness/acceleration out of breaks, has avg release/quickness (can be jammed) @LOS, needs to be coached up, not there yet/needs to figure it out (commitment/dedication to craft).... needs to develop NFL mindset.

there is no doubt he is the prototypical PR style target, and.... dude is still coming along.... he has not surpassed the production nor talent of Tyrell and is not a dependable, down in and down out target for PR anytime in the foreseeable future, 'specially when he has the option of KA or his backs out of the backfield.... he's a third option @present.

Don't agree with you at all in your comparative assessment of the two receivers. Don't understand your negatively assessing MW in those areas where TWill's struggles are most pronounced. I don't even agree with you in saying that MWill is deficient there.

I've always thought Twill was a nice complimentary receiver who can only take over games when the defense is preoccupied with other players.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  https://www.chiefs.com/video/bashaud...-raiders-drive

This play may remind some of why we didn't want to pay $11 mill per season for the guy.

A good player, but not a franchise guy. Mike Williams is still improving and will get there.
                  that's the rub.... where is "there ?" and are we treading water in replacing Tyrell w/MW ?? ....how much better is MW gonna be than Tyrell ??

will agree that paying Tyrell was questionable/risky, and that drafting the type of receiver that your star/ting QB thrives w/makes sense.

what I didn't and don't agree w/is spending excessive amounts of monies on FA tackles.... Okung/Franklin, when more affordable/better options are available Ramczyk/Massie, and.... when there are always solid options @wideout day two (Chris Godwin) and even day three (Kelvin Harmon), not to mention later in round one (AJ Brown).

there are endless variables starting w/Yodny Cajuste/Trey Pipkins and going back thru the draft and FA, and.... we have what we have.... personally am not throwing Tyrell under the bus, Raider or not, and am not ready to anoint MW anything quite yet, and.... more to the point, am looking forward and wanting/willing to tweak our overall draft (& FA) strategy and philosophy as the Chargers organization..... we have to learn from our past oversights, and regroup and readjust.... of which we have been doing to some degree w/team Tommy John.

ps. will also add that the definition of "franchise guy" is one of your best, if not your best player on the team.... personally will be surprised if MW is ever more than an oversized possession/red zone No. 2 type receiver ??
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Charger fans are familiar with this. He just does not go get the ball very aggressively.
                    I have a Raider fan friend at work who was so excited to get TW. I told him I love the guy and he dominates for a game or two then disappears for 2-3 games then comes back big. Oh and he rarely fights for contested balls.

TW looked like he did in any other Charger game.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Don't agree with you at all in your comparative assessment of the two receivers. Don't understand your negatively assessing MW in those areas where TWill's struggles are most pronounced. I don't even agree with you in saying that MWill is deficient there.

I've always thought Twill was a nice complimentary receiver who can only take over games when the defense is preoccupied with other players.
                      you can call it my negativity, albeit the truth is it is near verbatim from some of the top draft sites and pundits on the web, and not saying that TWill doesn't struggle.... my point is that MW is not markedly better than Tyrell @this point in time.

MW may well and by most accounts here, will be the better wideout, but what was the cost in draft capital, what did we pass/miss out on in opportunity cost, and is that the formula that is going to get us to the SB, not to mention winning the thing ??

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

you can call it my negativity, albeit the truth is it is near verbatim from some of the top draft sites and pundits on the web, and not saying that TWill doesn't struggle.... my point is that MW is not markedly better than Tyrell @this point in time.

MW may well and by most accounts here, will be the better wideout, but what was the cost in draft capital, what did we pass/miss out on in opportunity cost, and is that the formula that is going to get us to the SB, not to mention winning the thing ??
                        You misspelled disappear with struggle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

He hasn't missed a game since his back injury in TC as a rookie which is all that matters. As for these drops you speak of,....like Tyrell didn't have drops? Lost to KC because of his dropped TD.

maybe you weren't high on the guy but then nobody was high on Stidham or injury prone Bryce Love.

Your post is full of falsehoods. He surpassed Tyrell last season in production. When he gets to be the only healthy WR like Tyrell was he will surpass him again.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-16-2019, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X