• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

continue to minimize my posts and to twist me into a hater.... I will continue to be remiss we didn't draft Star and Ramczyk and others.... if you don't enjoy/can't accomodate my vantage point.... ce la vie.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I guess when I think of elite speed, I think of Tyreek Hill. TW and MW are both similar long striders that can go deep. What differentiates MW from TW is that he's a red zone monster that can go up for the ball on a more consistent basis. Hence the big TD difference between the two. As for your comparison of Julio Jones, Hopkins, and AJ Green, this is essentially MW's second playing due to his injuries his rookie year. Both Jones and Hopkins did not really explode until their second season. And even if you want to say that last year still counts for MW, he did lead the team in TD receptions which is nothing to sneeze at.
        Haha... this is beginning to resemble the fan wars over who was better, Brees or Rivers, in the early 2000s. I like Mike Williams and I'm glad he is a Charger. I agree with anyone who says he is still growing as a player and has not reached his full potential yet. I look forward to watching that happen and hope he has a great season when he gets back on the field.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

continue to minimize my posts and to twist me into a hater.... I will continue to be remiss we didn't draft Star and Ramczyk and others.... if you don't enjoy/can't accomodate my vantage point.... ce la vie.
          Not minimizing anything. Just stating a fact. Tyrell got more opportunities when others went down and being the #1 in Oakland he will surely get the most opportunities with AB gone. If AB still there he wouldn't get those opportunities.

Those are facts and don't see how you can dispute it. Had someone else said it, I'd reply with the same answer.

As for MW injury concern...he was injured his rookie year. He MAY miss a game today after being healthy last year. I wouldn't call that a hellah concern till he misses multiple games this year. Then id agree with that.
          Keenan was a big injury concern which was a contribution to MW being drafted but since then Keenan had been healthy.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-15-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Tyrell just caught a TD pass to open a 10-0 lead over the Chiefs. He looks great. At least I drafted him in our fantasy league.

Ten minutes into the 1st quarter Tyrell has 3 receptions and a TD. The Raiders look powerful. It could be a 3-team race in the division.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Carr throws one up high in EZ for Tyrell who quits on the ball for a second and DB jumps up to intercept. That's a huge difference between him and MW.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Aaaaad t.w.just got punked for an interception lol

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Carr throws one up high in EZ for Tyrell who quits on the ball for a second and DB jumps up to intercept. That's a huge difference between him and MW.
                  Charger fans are familiar with this. He just does not go get the ball very aggressively.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Other than the two big TD drops, Mike had a pretty good game, considering the knee injury. I for one want more thrown at him. KA is kind of on a pitch count due to his injury history, but I think we can say that about most of the key skill players, but PR tends to over-rely on KA to bail him out.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Williams just doesn't ever pace himself and goes balls out every play, so I expect he'll be battling injuries his entire career.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        Another difference between both is that one is amazingly durable while the other is...quite the opposite.
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Other than the two big TD drops, Mike had a pretty good game, considering the knee injury. I for one want more thrown at him. KA is kind of on a pitch count due to his injury history, but I think we can say that about most of the key skill players, but PR tends to over-rely on KA to bail him out.
                          We are running a little short of offensive weapons. Henry is out. Williams is limited. Ekeler was out at the end of the game. It is easy to say that he shouldn't rely on KA too much, but it is hard to see what else he could do.

Comment

Working...
                          X