Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    This "analysis" might be one of the worst, rambling pieces of garbage I have ever read.

Really? I thought it was pretty spot-on.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Me too,maybe I missed something?

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Agreed.No hindsight GM b.s. but I wanted us to grab Hooker that draft and thought we would.Was disappointed in the pick that year.Now saying that does NOT mean I hate Mdubb and dont wish him success lol.Just wasnt really stoked with picking a guy that was seriously injured in college even with a bounce back year at #7
        I was really surprised by Mike Williams pick. I understand the concern about Keenan Allen's future after missing most of of the previous two seasons. But we did have Tyrell Williams, and I didn't think wide receiver was a priority with the pick that we had. I wanted Hooker as well, or an OT. There was plenty of good wide receiver talent that was going to be available later in the draft. We could have had Hooker and JuJu Smith Schuster on this team.

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Ive just never been a huge fan of TommyJohn and their personnel picks.Yes obviously they have brought in some good to very good talent but their drafting and free agency style just doesnt look to be bringing in a trophy anytime soon.I could be wrong and Lord knows I want to be but I dont put alot of faith in little prep school Johnny and his vast football knowledge.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

This "analysis" might be one of the worst, rambling pieces of garbage I have ever read.

M. Stanley wrote that "fan bitching" article as a fan not as any kind of talent evaluator. His takes are mostly hot trash.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

M. Stanley wrote that "fan bitching" article as a fan not as any kind of talent evaluator. His takes are mostly hot trash.
              I am not a big fan of that site - all of the articles on it seem to be fan based rants. Most posters on this board could write something far more informative and interesting.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

It usually is. That website sux. I don't recall any drops from MW yesterday. The balls thrown his way yesterday that weren't caught were in traffic and tipped. Not like he had a blatant drop.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Don't really understand the criticism of M. Williams. He made some big plays yesterday despite playing with a knee injury. Drops? I don't remember any this year. He almost made a big diving catch with the ball scraping the ground. That's a drop?

Yeah, i preferred Hooker. Actually i fell in love with Mahomes and wanted the Chargers to draft him at #7. So what? In my mind, Williams has the talent to justify the pick. He just needs a period of health.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Gave up 5 sacks....how about some more consistency on the OL? Lamp can't help? Lynn needs to be more consistant.

Comment

• SDBORN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Gave up 5 sacks....how about some more consistency on the OL? Lamp can't help? Lynn needs to be more consistant.
                      It only took the Texans playing the Chargers, for us to become the Texans. LOL

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                        Don't really understand the criticism of M. Williams. He made some big plays yesterday despite playing with a knee injury. Drops? I don't remember any this year. He almost made a big diving catch with the ball scraping the ground. That's a drop?

Yeah, i preferred Hooker. Actually i fell in love with Mahomes and wanted the Chargers to draft him at #7. So what? In my mind, Williams has the talent to justify the pick. He just needs a period of health.
                        Williams is fine IMO. He had the 2 drops in the end zone last week after shaking off rust, but overall the guy always gives his all. I do think that Rivers is not as accurate as of late and has had very limited vision. Some of that may be him feeling pressure. Also he's lost some velocity with age.

Give Rivers a tad bit more time, put some more mustard on it and let WIlliams high point the crap out of it over the DB's. Some of the passes haven't really given M Dub a real chance.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          You are never going to get consistency from Lynn when he's playing favorites. He's shown a tendency (or stubbornness) to not make changes to the lineup regardless of how much it costs the Chargers. The only exception to this appears to be if his favorites get injured and he's forced to play someone else.

There's a good chance that his reluctance to give Lamp a real chance over some of the very subpar players on our O line can get Rivers injured.
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X