• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They were going more to MW later in the year. You didn't notice?
    Not really

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Not really
      MW got better and more confident as the year went on. I saw it.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        There's no discussion there. TW is a #2 wr. MW is the #2 on that roster. If TW is on the Chargers' roster this year, it's at #3.
        The #3 wr must be a vertical one. TB fits better in that role. Mostly at 4 millions!
        can't agree on any of those.... still speculation, as TW is not without pundits who prognosticated that he could be a No. 1

and personally think the only reason MW was the #2 is that he went seven overall, not because of talent, let alone experience.

and TW is plenty vertical enough and a much better option than TB.

MW has not played out as a #7 overall, and my suspicion is that he doesn't go over 600 yards receiving, w/maybe fiftysomething receptions, and whereas won't be surprised if Tyrell has a career year.... eightysomething catches for 1300+ yards.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Also don't forget that when KA, TW, and MW were all on the field, MW got third priority coverage while TW got second priority. MW won't have that protection this season, not until HH returns anyway.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

In a world without a salary cap, sure. But that's not where we're at, TW costs $10mil while TB costs $4.5mil.
            TB restructured his contract so he makes even less this year.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Also don't forget that when KA, TW, and MW were all on the field, MW got third priority coverage while TW got second priority. MW won't have that protection this season, not until HH returns anyway.
              People keep bringing the third coverage thing but does anyone actually have proof that MW was drawing the third corner? Was Marcus Peters a third corner when MW burned him twice?

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

MW got better and more confident as the year went on. I saw it.
                That's great and good for him. I hope it continues. But it doesn't prove the point

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

can't agree on any of those.... still speculation, as TW is not without pundits who prognosticated that he could be a No. 1

and personally think the only reason MW was the #2 is that he went seven overall, not because of talent, let alone experience.

MW has not played out as a #7 overall, and my suspicion is that he doesn't go over 600 yards receiving, w/maybe fiftysomething receptions, and whereas won't be surprised if Tyrell has a career year.... eightysomething catches for 1300+ yards.
                  Hmmmm. Wish i could find that O/U prop line of 600yrds. I would mortgage my house and lay it all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Not hard to predict since AB got run out of town. If AB still there, he isn't getting close to those numbers. Just like when Keenan went down and others, TW was our best option.
                    He is a good player but he isn't MW.

Just because TT doesn't draft your coveted players doesn't mean you should hate on the others. If we all did that, we wouldn't like but a few on this team lol.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-14-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

That's great and good for him. I hope it continues. But it doesn't prove the point
                      What was the point? You said you didn't notice that they were going to him more so i assume you don't watch the games very often.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

i lost track of whatever point was being made. It started as TW then became TW vs TB then morphed into TW vs MW. You sure there was just one point in there?

so what was the point?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

i lost track of whatever point was being made. It started as TW then became TW vs TB then morphed into TW vs MW. You sure there was just one point in there?

so what was the point?
                          He's having buyer's remorse because TW looked good Wk 1 and MW did not. Not going to lie, I wished TT had traded down from the 7th and accumulated mor picks in 2017. We still should have drafted a receiver that year since that position was decimated in 2016. I reserve the right to be wrong when MW becomes an All Pro and has more games like KC

Comment

Working...
                          X