• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I just find it ironic that the same fans who are scared off from these red flags are typically the same people that are critical of telesco and the organization in general of not being aggressive enough.

look, trade for him or don't, we probably aren't winning a superbowl if the previous 60 years are any indication
    but we should at least try to take advantage of an opportunity of two elite defenders/friends wanting to play with each other.
    if derwin wasn't already on the team I wouldn't be banging the table
    if CB wasn't a giant need going into the season before Michael Davis' injury I probably wouldn't be either.

trading for Ramsey may not "work" but it's a hell of a move I'd have respect for
    and when we end up not winning the superbowl like the previous 50 plus superbowls, I'll go ahead and sit through all the smarties on TPB telling me how they just "knew" this wasn't going to work.

Gordon and a first.

I'm not knocking it and if it gets us a ring I'm in and red flags don't scare me in fact I'm kinda attracted to crazy.

Just doesn't seem like something this organization would do but then again all of my predictions this year have been blown to shit so who knows.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Funny u say this 2 weeks after he was burnt toast all over the field vs the Chefs.
      Excellent point, Panama. And look...look who gets burned for a TD:

image.png

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Excellent point, Panama. And look...look who gets burned for a TD:

image.png
        I watched the game. He got burnt all over the field all day long. Sammy Watkins had his career game mostly vs JR. Everyone has a bad game.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

In general, I throw out week one of the NFL as an anomaly
          September as a whole, weird things happen
          Patriots typically lose,
          Browns will win a game
          some hot shot qb looks like the next Marino (lamar jackson this year)
          some scrub team plays out of their minds

Ramsey getting out played week 1 is a mild concern for me, his other previous games show elite cb play
          P1. Block Destruction
          P2. Shocking Effort
          P3. Ball Disruption
          P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Just watch KC or Baltimore find a way to get him.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

It's not a Telesco thing, it's a Spanos thing. Look back to during the AJ Smith days and beyond and you'll see that the Chargers will not trade for or sign high profile players no matter what.

Telesco has his faults but it's not fair to blame this one or the strategy of not trading for star players on him.
              This isn't about signing some high profile star. It's about adding a meaningful piece to the team. In all reality, Ramsey isn't some insane high profile signing IMO. But he could be a great addition to the defense. Next year is his pay day, but if he really wants to be a charger, there is room for discussion.

Back in the day we gave up a 2nd from what I recall for Chris chambers. Spanos had no issue with that.

I guarantee you TT could do better than spending cash in the offseason on relics and unnecessary additions like Tyrod, which in combination could have been used for much better things IMO.

This is on TT as much as anyone else.
              Last edited by SDBORN; 09-16-2019, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Just watch KC or Baltimore find a way to get him.
                Where there is a will there is a way. There is not much will in the charger camp.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

It's not a Telesco thing, it's a Spanos thing. Look back to during the AJ Smith days and beyond and you'll see that the Chargers will not trade for or sign high profile players no matter what.

Telesco has his faults but it's not fair to blame this one or the strategy of not trading for star players on him.
                  This has zero basis in reality. Here is reality - we are close to cap every year so trading for him has nothing to do with the money and much more to do with whether or not we want to part with draft picks, have $13 million less in cap next season than we already do (and we are already going to be hard pressed to resign all of our guys) and take on a talented, but high maintenance diva of a player who is already rumbling about wanting a massive contract extension. I would love to see it happen, but cannot blame the front office if they pass on not wanting to bring in a high maintenance guy to ruin what is reported to be fantastic clubhouse chemistry.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Since James and Hayward are friends of Ramsey, why don't they go to TT and lobby for him? I hope they do.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ramsey is going to want to be the highest paid DB in the game. I am cwrtain of this. I am not sure i want that investment in him. I dont like how he fights with his coaches and GM, airs his laundry on social media, brings a brinks truck to first practice, and generally seems to be all about me and screw the team. I didnt hear him take any responsibility for Watkins having his career game by roasting him all over the field. IF you are going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk....and he looked like he was walking all day while Watkins, far from a top wr, ran by him at will.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                        Ramsey is going to want to be the highest paid DB in the game. I am cwrtain of this. I am not sure i want that investment in him. I dont like how he fights with his coaches and GM, airs his laundry on social media, brings a brinks truck to first practice, and generally seems to be all about me and screw the team. I didnt hear him take any responsibility for Watkins having his career game by roasting him all over the field. IF you are going to talk the talk you have to walk the walk....and he looked like he was walking all day while Watkins, far from a top wr, ran by him at will.
                        Does it have to be both "all about me" AND "screw the team"?
                        the behaviors are recognized red flags, some players get to be the highest paid players of their position (for a while)
                        CB is a valuable position
                        it's fair to be cautious about this aggressive move.
                        im just betting on the production being worth it
                        and I even hold out hope that this can help our "jackboys" mentality be actually effective
                        P1. Block Destruction
                        P2. Shocking Effort
                        P3. Ball Disruption
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• QuackBolt
                          A Duck
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

This has since been deleted, but this is still really exciting. I think we should give up MG and a few draft picks for this guy.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X