Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Taylor wasnt a bad signing. He is a good backup which we never had, signed to a 2 year deal. Stick is around on the roster because he can possibly be a good backup....and a cheap one when Taylors deal runs out.
    We already know Tyrod isnt the future. He isnt some rookie who hasnt started. He is 30 and has his chances.
    How do you know Taylor is or is not the future? He has never played a game under this coaching staff, with the Chargers' offense and offensive talent. He has led a team to the playoffs within the past two years, the same number as Philip Rivers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

How do you know Taylor is or is not the future? He has never played a game under this coaching staff, with the Chargers' offense and offensive talent. He has led a team to the playoffs within the past two years, the same number as Philip Rivers.
      He played for Lynn before in Buffalo which is why he is here. I think we know

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

He played for Lynn before in Buffalo which is why he is here. I think we know
        I think your conclusion is backwards. He played for Lynn before. If he wasn't here, then we would know that Lynn doesn't think much of him. The fact he is here tells me Lynn believes in his potential.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Taylor/Not Tayler didn’t make the difference in the team. They would pay $3M for any competent backup QB, that $3M difference isn’t changing the roster. There are plenty of better places on the roster to look for that missing $3M - start with TB and keep working through the roster.

The Stick hype is silly. I’ll bet he’s out of the league in 2 more years. He’s not a starting NFL QB. He was the team’s 4th best QB in PS and that was clear to all of us (many lamenting TT was forced to not cut CJ because the difference was so big).
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            Taylor/Not Tayler didn’t make the difference in the team. They would pay $3M for any competent backup QB, that $3M difference isn’t changing the roster. There are plenty of better places on the roster to look for that missing $3M - start with TB and keep working through the roster.

The Stick hype is silly. I’ll bet he’s out of the league in 2 more years. He’s not a starting NFL QB. He was the team’s 4th best QB in PS and that was clear to all of us (many lamenting TT was forced to not cut CJ because the difference was so big).
            I doubt that coaching and management share your opinion that Stick is out of the league in two years. They wouldn't waste a roster spot the entire season if they viewed him that way. The fact he is still on the roster tells me something a lot different. I'd rather see Stick or Taylor throwing to the other team than Rivers throwing to the other team for the remainder of the season.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I doubt that coaching and management share your opinion that Stick is out of the league in two years. They wouldn't waste a roster spot the entire season if they viewed him that way. The fact he is still on the roster tells me something a lot different. I'd rather see Stick or Taylor throwing to the other team than Rivers throwing to the other team for the remainder of the season.
              you’re right on their difference of opinion. Its ok if I’m wrong. Its not just he played like crap in PS3 and PS4, its his arm. He doesn’t have an NFL arm.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I think your conclusion is backwards. He played for Lynn before. If he wasn't here, then we would know that Lynn doesn't think much of him. The fact he is here tells me Lynn believes in his potential.
                Tells me he thinks he would be a good backup. He is 30 years old, been a starter before and was mediocre. This isn't an audition here.
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

It's called taking a shot. He is a 5th round pick, they got nothing to lose in trying to make him a good backup. We'll see next year if he makes the team after they draft another QB.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

It's called taking a shot. He is a 5th round pick, they got nothing to lose in trying to make him a good backup. We'll see next year if he makes the team after they draft another QB.
                    Drafting him was taking a shot. Adding him to the roster as a 3rd QB when they have always just carried two QBs, and keeping him there the entire season during which there were times that roster spot could have been used to add sorely needed depth due to injuries at other positions, tells a different story: They see a lot of potential and are willing to make sacrifices in order to ensure they don't lose him.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

you’re right on their difference of opinion. Its ok if I’m wrong. Its not just he played like crap in PS3 and PS4, its his arm. He doesn’t have an NFL arm.
                      Yeah, that was the knock on Brees too.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Drafting him was taking a shot. Adding him to the roster as a 3rd QB when they have always just carried two QBs, and keeping him there the entire season during which there were times that roster spot could have been used to add sorely needed depth due to injuries at other positions, tells a different story: They see a lot of potential and are willing to make sacrifices in order to ensure they don't lose him.
                        Ok, whatever you think.
                        Again, we'll see if he makes the team next year when they draft another QB and Rivers and Tyrod are still here.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Ok, whatever you think.
                          Again, we'll see if he makes the team next year when they draft another QB and Rivers and Tyrod are still here.
                          I don't think Rivers will be here, which is why I advocate for letting Taylor and Stickman getting the remaining starts to show what they got, or don't got. I would rather see them throw the ball to the other team than Rivers. I've seen enough of it from Rivers.

Comment

Working...
                          X