• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It would be discussed in public if Rivers had Gordon's agents!

Who knows why he didn't sign an extension. Did he want to see if we won a super bowl (and in the preseason we were highly ranked)? Did he want to see what any other QBs got for contracts? Did he want to see how he felt after the season? Did the team want to see how he performed before extending him?
    Yes.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

In a QB-driven league, you need the best QB oriented coach available
      it’s debatable who that might be
      but I want to throw something out.
      Josh McDaniels is a scumbag
      but a scumbag that has been around the best in the sport
      it’s going to take a bold hiring to give us any type of advantage over any other team rebuilding.
      JMD can focus on running the O with a mobile qb and a few FA additions ala the Patriots way while
      a legit DC has Bosa and James to build around.

Spanos would never go for it, but we have to take a risk. Giving an ego maniac like JMD complete control might be crazy enough.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Agree. He took the Browns to the playoffs with a Bernie Kosar on his last legs.
        Playoffs! Playoffs!
        Every Charger HC made playoffs.
        Shotty, Turner, McCoy, Lynn.

Cassell 1 season. Playoffs! Did nothing else ever.

I could be wrong. But im betting Belichek and multiple Superbowl trips ends with Brady retiring.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Watch tonights game.
          BRADY literally had no time on some plays. He said hike and the pass rush was in his lap. Yet he threw the ball immediately perfectly to White who took the short throw for a 30yard gain.
          No good run game. No good pass protection . But somehow a perfect pass and 30 yards.

QB DRIVEN LEAGUE!

Watch Belicheat become a regular run of mill HC after Brady retires.
          was only a handful of plays where Brady got hurried. Most of his pass attempts he had nobody near him. Pats O-line is best in league imo

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

was only a handful of plays where Brady got hurried. Most of his pass attempts he had nobody near him. Pats O-line is best in league imo
            The Pats have an aging QB with zero mobility, were missing the starting LT and Center, some receivers and their starting FB. They don't run the ball well either. They counter that by throwing very quick, high percentage passes to protect Brady. I don't understand why we don't do that more.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Its a unit whose whole is a lot greater than its parts. Their starting center should have been the backup this year.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

The Pats have an aging QB with zero mobility, were missing the starting LT and Center, some receivers and their starting FB. They don't run the ball well either. They counter that by throwing very quick, high percentage passes to protect Brady. I don't understand why we don't do that more.
                Same reason that they started Gordon 3 weeks in a row with a 4th start next game?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

It would be discussed in public if Rivers had Gordon's agents!

Who knows why he didn't sign an extension. Did he want to see if we won a super bowl (and in the preseason we were highly ranked)? Did he want to see what any other QBs got for contracts? Did he want to see how he felt after the season? Did the team want to see how he performed before extending him?
                  TBH I think everyone wants to reassess at the end of the 2019 season, and before the big move.

If Rivers is being rebuffed, the Chargers are likely extending him the respect and courtesy of keeping it on the down low.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I think he wants to play at least one year at the new stadium
                    +1
                    sigpic

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I've been calling for a short passing game for the Bolts for YEARS...these long passes and even medium range pass plays take too long to develop, and with our woeful O-line, Rivers needs to unload the rock asap...one more reason why I've totally lost confidence in Whiz...UNLESS Rivers is overruling Whiz with his audibles...

Comment

• Protect17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Phil needs an Oline and the Chargers won’t fix it .He will sign with another team .Woulnt it be ironic if Rivers goes to Giants or Steelers for three years two teams that could have drafted him .I expect Rivers needs to leave and Chargers need to move on .

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I am on the fence about Rivers. Fifty percent of me would like to see a parting of ways ... I do feel the relationship with the team has become stagnant. Rivers might be better off with a change of scenery in the final years of his career and a fresh-legged young gun might recharge the Chargers.

What if the Las Vegas Raiders decide to move on from Carr? Can you imagine Gruden and Rivers? :freakout:
                          That's what I though yesterday, that is a great option for Rivers, I say go do it Rivers, sign with the Raiders, that is the best chance you have at winning a SB, Gruden is building an excellent team.

Comment

Working...
                          X