• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
    Phil needs an Oline and the Chargers won’t fix it .He will sign with another team .Woulnt it be ironic if Rivers goes to Giants or Steelers for three years two teams that could have drafted him .I expect Rivers needs to leave and Chargers need to move on .
    That's another option I though about, to sign with the Steelers.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Tough Call

1. fix the oline every one says it isn't as easy as you think it would be one thing if you need one piece of the offensive line but we need three pieces and some may say five , Okung just don't know the health issue and he will be a year older, Pouncey can he stay healthy, Lamp is a wildcard the ankle injury is a bumer, Schofield, Feeney, Tevi, Scott all need replaced. I don't think you fix that line in one swing of the year 2020 it would take getting the top OL in the draft and in Free Agency signing the top OL something TT probably won't do

2. There is no QB in the wings to step in and Stick isn't ready to start and does Tyrod Taylor excite anybody moving into the new staduim. Hard to take a stab at the top QB coming out of the draft with so many holes on the O-line. If you draft QB 1st pick you have definitly made a statement the Rivers era is over and that Rookie QB better have ability to scramble with this line.

3. Can you sale Rivers on a one or two year deal and is he willing with the state of the o-line.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
        ...does Tyrod Taylor excite anybody moving into the new staduim.
        What scares me is that I think Lynn would be just fine doing this.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Yep I can hear Lynn now "we're going with guys we got here now and we're confident in his ability", blah,blah,blah. That goes in line with "Melvin Gordon he is back and he will be our starter soon as we think he is ready"

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
            Phil needs an Oline and the Chargers won’t fix it .He will sign with another team .Woulnt it be ironic if Rivers goes to Giants or Steelers for three years two teams that could have drafted him .I expect Rivers needs to leave and Chargers need to move on .
            neither of those teams would be interested

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sadly you could be right. And that very well could be why they signed Tyrod.

What a disaster that would be, especially 1st year in the new stadium.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

That's what I though yesterday, that is a great option for Rivers, I say go do it Rivers, sign with the Raiders, that is the best chance you have at winning a SB, Gruden is building an excellent team.
                Gruden and Rivers would never leave the QB room. They love to analyze, analyze, analyze.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                  If Gordon and Eckler didn’t fumble at the goal line then we would have beaten the Lions and Titans and be 4-3 and very much in the hunt. But since they did fumble, that must mean the Chargers need a new QB.

Knee jerk reaction ...

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Midwest
                    • Local 150 operating engineer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

If Gordon and Eckler didn’t fumble at the goal line then we would have beaten the Lions and Titans and be 4-3 and very much in the hunt. But since they did fumble, that must mean the Chargers need a new QB.

Knee jerk reaction ...
                    Exactly.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PMR9FAN View Post

Knee jerk reaction ...
                      Hard for me to argue this. Just goes to show how razor thing the margin between winning and losing is in an awful lot of games.

Comment

• Protect17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Tom Brady is said to be leaving the Patriots after this year .And our Organization could have had a team built to finally win next year .I hope we Get Trent Williams and AJ Greene this week but if we don't ? It's also time to move on for Phil .

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

The Redskins have said they are not trading Williams this season. AJ Green would be nice, but does not address the safety, dline, or oline positions which is where we really need help.

Comment

Working...
                          X