• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I’m impressed they found a few big Charger fans
    they're actors for God's sake just doing a gig!!! It's L.A.

I was their only fan there, and then i left. 1 - 1 = 0

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I remember alot Chargers fans on the CMB thinking Phillip was washed up after those 2011 and 2012 seasons. He really wasn't but like you said had fell victim to Norvitus. I'm not sure those years were entirely Norv's fault though. A.J was mostly fault for not bringing in good replacements for Darren Sproles and Vincent Jackson. Not to mention having a terrible draft run 2008-2011
      Having star players hold out is never a good idea. However, giving Norv any roster that is on par with others is never fair. Norv has a reverse Midas touch: his head coaching tenure has been the dividing line between winning and losing traditions everywhere he went. Coincidence?

Comment

• RepBolt
        All Bolt All Day
        • Jan 2020
        • Send PM

This thread needs a poll. How many would want Brady vs how many wouldn't.

(psst I want) :Beer1:

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

They are out there. In North LA county I see many more Charger decals and bumper stickers than I do Rams.
          I live in northern LA and you are correct.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

I live in northern LA and you are correct.
            I live in L.A. and see ZERO Rams anything (also see zero Bolts anything) zero.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Do the Chargers get ANY airtime from the local stations? I would just imagine with so many other sports teams in the city, they've gotta rank fairly low, considering they need to get all the SC, UCLA, Lakers, Kings, Clippers, Raiders, Galaxy, Rams, Dodgers news out.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mahomes is the best player in the NFL.
                This was a play that only Lamar or Josh Allen could duplicate.
                The TD was the turning point in the AFCCG.
                Mahomes was not even the best QB in the 2019 season, much less the best player in the league, so the assertion made is unsupported.

As for the screwed up play by the Titans, Mahomes is not fast. There are many QBs that would have made that play. Ben Roethlisberger (a little faster than Mahomes), Aaron Rodgers (faster than Mahomes), Baker Mayfield (about the same speed as Mahomes), Cardale Jones (about the same speed as Mahomes), Joe Flacco (about the same speed as Mahomes), Ryan Tannehill (much faster than Mahomes), Marcus Mariota (much faster than Mahomes), Taysom Hill (much faster than Mahomes), Easton Stick (faster than Mahomes), Dak Prescott (about the same speed as Mahomes), Derek Carr (faster than Mahomes), Jared Goff (about the same speed as Mahomes), Matthew Stafford (about the same speed as Mahomes), Tyrod Taylor (much faster than Mahomes), Geno Smith (much faster than Mahomes), Carson Wentz (a little faster than Mahomes), Ryan Fitzpatrick (about the same speed as Mahomes), Andy Dalton (about the same speed as Mahomes), Cam Newton (much faster than Mahomes), Mitchell Trubisky (faster than Mahomes), Daniel Jones (about the same speed as Mahomes), Sam Darnold (about the same speed as Mahomes), Drew Brees (about the same speed as Mahomes), Kyler Murray (much faster than Mahomes), Deshaun Watson (much faster than Mahomes), Russell Wilson (much faster than Mahomes), Duck Hodges (about the same speed as Mahomes), Teddy Bridgewater (about the same speed as Mahomes), Drew Lock (faster than Mahomes), Ryan Finley (faster than Mahomes), Jeff Driskel (much faster than Mahomes), Brandon Allen (about the same speed as Mahomes), Will Grier (about the same speed as Mahomes), and Robert Griffin III (much faster than Mahomes) are a few that come to mind in addition to Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.

All of the 36 QBs listed above have 40 times ranging from much faster than Mahomes to within .07 of Mahomes. They all have the physical ability to have made the play in question against no meaningful defense. Numerous of the QBs listed above likely would have made the play much more easily than Mahomes did.

So, I guess posts like the quoted one above is is exactly what I am talking about when I say that Mahomes gets wildly overrated at times. People seem to be under the delusion that he is some sort of special athletic talent from a running standpoint. Mahomes has a special arm in terms of arm strength, but his running ability is very average for an NFL QB. He is the third fastest starting QB in his own division, a division that includes Philip Rivers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Mahomes was not even the best QB in the 2019 season, much less the best player in the league, so the assertion made is unsupported.

As for the screwed up play by the Titans, Mahomes is not fast. There are many QBs that would have made that play. Ben Roethlisberger (a little faster than Mahomes), Aaron Rodgers (faster than Mahomes), Baker Mayfield (about the same speed as Mahomes), Cardale Jones (about the same speed as Mahomes), Joe Flacco (about the same speed as Mahomes), Ryan Tannehill (much faster than Mahomes), Marcus Mariota (much faster than Mahomes), Taysom Hill (much faster than Mahomes), Easton Stick (faster than Mahomes), Dak Prescott (about the same speed as Mahomes), Derek Carr (faster than Mahomes), Jared Goff (about the same speed as Mahomes), Matthew Stafford (about the same speed as Mahomes), Tyrod Taylor (much faster than Mahomes), Geno Smith (much faster than Mahomes), Carson Wentz (a little faster than Mahomes), Ryan Fitzpatrick (about the same speed as Mahomes), Andy Dalton (about the same speed as Mahomes), Cam Newton (much faster than Mahomes), Mitchell Trubisky (faster than Mahomes), Daniel Jones (about the same speed as Mahomes), Sam Darnold (about the same speed as Mahomes), Drew Brees (about the same speed as Mahomes), Kyler Murray (much faster than Mahomes), Deshaun Watson (much faster than Mahomes), Russell Wilson (much faster than Mahomes), Duck Hodges (about the same speed as Mahomes), Teddy Bridgewater (about the same speed as Mahomes), Drew Lock (faster than Mahomes), Ryan Finley (faster than Mahomes), Jeff Driskel (much faster than Mahomes), Brandon Allen (about the same speed as Mahomes), Will Grier (about the same speed as Mahomes), and Robert Griffin III (much faster than Mahomes) are a few that come to mind in addition to Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.

All of the 36 QBs listed above have 40 times ranging from much faster than Mahomes to within .07 of Mahomes. They all have the physical ability to have made the play in question against no meaningful defense. Numerous of the QBs listed above likely would have made the play much more easily than Mahomes did.

So, I guess posts like the quoted one above is is exactly what I am talking about when I say that Mahomes gets wildly overrated at times. People seem to be under the delusion that he is some sort of special athletic talent from a running standpoint. Mahomes has a special arm in terms of arm strength, but his running ability is very average for an NFL QB. He is the third fastest starting QB in his own division, a division that includes Philip Rivers.
                  The player I compare Mahomes to is John Elway. They keep their eyes downfield, always looking to make the big play, and having the arm to do it.

Defenses must try to play Man often against KC. Zone is death by a thousand cuts. Man means gash running plays, however Mahomes is described.

The combination of elements is what makes Mahomes deadly. His best trait is probably vision, though.

I still like Simmons at 6, to try and provide containment--Rashaan Evans failed. I may switch to Herbert, to try and find a SB level QB capable of wrestling away #1 in the AFCW Division. FWIW.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by captaind View Post

Only ones astonished are you and Alex Smith. And I’m beginning to think you’re one in the same.
                    Again, I am not an Alex Smith fan.

Yet, the fact remains that I just responded to a poster claiming that Patrick Mahomes is the best player in the NFL. And I just showed you recently that in 2019 Patrick Mahomes had a virtually identical stat line to the one that Alex Smith put up in 2017.

But somehow Mahomes is the best player in football based upon his performance and Smith is some sort of game manager on his best day based upon an eerily similar statistical performance. Honestly, it would be difficult to find two QBs that had stat lines more similar over the course of a whole season.

People look at the spectacular athletic plays that Mahomes makes and think he is the greatest thing ever, but they ignore that he finished 7th in passer rating this year and that he did not lead the league in any gross production category. And that is while completing some very easy degree of difficulty dives with an absolutely loaded offense.

Mahomes does make great plays, but he also misses some throws that other QBs make. That is how his stat line ends up basically the same as a QB like Smith that can't make some of the plays that Mahomes can.

While I would be the first to say that Mahomes is a good QB, I do not get the wild overraction to him that far exceeds his actual statistics.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

$40 million.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        $40 million.
                        I cannot wait until the Chefs have to dump half their team to sign him and have a bunch of scrubs. They will have to deal with the cap issues of having a super star QB like we did with Rivers all those years and other teams with a franchise QB.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

The player I compare Mahomes to is John Elway. They keep their eyes downfield, always looking to make the big play, and having the arm to do it.

Defenses must try to play Man often against KC. Zone is death by a thousand cuts. Man means gash running plays, however Mahomes is described.

The combination of elements is what makes Mahomes deadly. His best trait is probably vision, though.

I still like Simmons at 6, to try and provide containment--Rashaan Evans failed. I may switch to Herbert, to try and find a SB level QB capable of wrestling away #1 in the AFCW Division. FWIW.
                          Good comparison.

elways helicopter first down against GB is etched in my memory

Comment

Working...
                          X