• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

It isn't entirely his fault sure but he wasn't good at all tonight. I don't see how anyone can argue against that
    He isn't blameless, but the pick six wasn't his fault like some keep harping about. The overthrow to Allen was a bad pass and the interception that was called back for the offsides was also a bad pass. The last play was just chuck it up for grabs and play (don't even get me going on the play calling on that drive). Considering the pressure he was under, it's not surprising he didn't have a great game. But he did put us ahead with 4 minutes so it's not like he was awful the entire game.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

It isn't entirely his fault sure but he wasn't good at all tonight. I don't see how anyone can argue against that
      The problem is, he has to play at an elite level for us to win. Anything less is always a loss. The other great QBs aren't in that situation. Much like Marino and Fouts.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Agreed but at the same time we have no idea how often rivers is audibling again. We saw the same frantic behavior again and clock run downs repeatedly. Too much pre snap and too much confusion

Raiders defense was ranked one of the worst in the league. Nuff said.
        We were playing 3 backup linemen - Rivers clearly had to spend time helping set up the protection.

Comment

• SDBORN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
          Philip Rivers career is done in LA his best coach was Marty the rest have been terrrrrrrrible .The GMs have been horrific and the ownership has never cared to build a powerhouse .The truth is I hope you know it’s over now and the window has been shut awhile.The Rebuild must start immediately .Coach Lynn needs to go along with Bradley and The idiot GM clean house .No way in hell Brady plays here and he would get murdered behind this line .Keenan Allen is slow he should never be running a go route .We gave away Rivers only real deep threat and never replaced him .I don’t want Rivers leading this team any longer it’s over .
          Been saying that about the go router with Allen and we been doing that all season. He is quick off the line. Use that quickness underneath

Comment

• Protect17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Chargers need to let Rivers go and so don’t the fans .

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We were playing 3 backup linemen - Rivers clearly had to spend time helping set up the protection.
              Yet we kept trying to throw it deep. A veteran qb needs to figure that out if he's allowed to audible as much as he is and shorten it up IMO.

The offense kept trying the knockout punch when game was still within one possession

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Defense is still a problem but that is absolute nonsense. 16-19 given up by the defense should get us a win.

And no I wouldn't. Our offense keeps spotting teams points this season and that's the biggest difference. Every game lost by one possession as per the usual.

I still want Bradley gone, having said that. And I want some real DTs
                The defense choked in clutch time. They lost the game in the two minute drill.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

I wanted us to let them score for that very reason once they hit mid field. I have no faith in bradley on final drives of halves or games. We are the worst in those situations.

Offense needed to score quicker on the previous drive cuz we all knew what would happen.

Of course offense had horrible play calling on the final drive with 1 min and 3 timeouts

Bradley's D fails routinely in these situations this year. They should have lost against Chicago; they crumbled against Indy; and now tonight. Teams know what the idiot is going to do in crunch time.

For God's sake, i wished he would once shoot a linebacker through the A-gap to keep offensive lines thinking.

Very, very concerned if this guy is back next year.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Bradley's D fails routinely in these situations this year. They should have lost against Chicago; they crumbled against Indy; and now tonight. Teams know what the idiot is going to do in crunch time.

For God's sake, i wished he would once shoot a linebacker through the A-gap to keep offensive lines thinking.

Very, very concerned if this guy is back next year.
                    He better not be.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I mentioned it earlier in the week...no bonehead plays and no TOs. I knew this game wasnt a gimme and TOs once again is the crux of this team. NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL rivers was thinking that last drive. u know u have a terrible line but yet still wanna chuck it deep?! WTH...FUCK! the Oline was ATROCIOUS and so was rivers. so yards mean nothing as evidenced by rivers leading the league in yards...he probably also leads the league in turnovers.I dont blame this loss on the D as they did an admirable job especially when you consider the raiders have a better O than the bolts. rambling all over the place after this loss...!!!

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Ontario , Canada
                        • Send PM

Mgmt not doing their job bringing in decent OL backups, lousy OL play , Rivers played like a bonehead in some part on his own.

SF lost both of their tackles and they didn't become unglued. Undefeated in fact. Lots of blame to lay everywhere for this train wreck .

My feeling is mgmt are most to blame. Overall they have put together a 4-6 roster. No way around it.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          I mentioned it earlier in the week...no bonehead plays and no TOs. I knew this game wasnt a gimme and TOs once again is the crux of this team. NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL rivers was thinking that last drive. u know u have a terrible line but yet still wanna chuck it deep?! WTH...FUCK! the Oline was ATROCIOUS and so was rivers. so yards mean nothing as evidenced by rivers leading the league in yards...he probably also leads the league in turnovers.I dont blame this loss on the D as they did an admirable job especially when you consider the raiders have a better O than the bolts. rambling all over the place after this loss...!!!
                          The game losing drive by the defense was very admirable.

Comment

Working...
                          X