• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

4-6. Not looking promising for another playoff run. The OL just doesn't have enough depth. Rivers became jittery. I'm surprised though they didn't try to work it down the field with shorter throws on the last drive. They had the time and the time outs. Every throw was long, tried to get it all in one play. Why not a screen to Ekeler? Get him the ball in space.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
      Rivers is washed. Those 2 wins against the Bears and Packers are gonna kill the Chargers come December when draft seeding takes place.
      People need stop excusing rivers. At this point I hate to say it, but we can do better. Time to find our new qb IMO.

Reason he has so many yards this season is we've had to make up ground repeatedly with the holes he's put us in, in games. I'm not surpised he leads the league in yards. Gets yards, makes bad decision giving opposing team short field then gets back on offense again trying to play hero ball. Gains yards, rinse repeat.

He's not the only one at fault but enough is enough. He's not playing like a veteran.

I still want a new play caller and complete overhall of the offense.

Comment

• QuackBolt
        A Duck
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

I think the powder blues are a curse caused by the move to LA

Comment

• RollingThunder
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
          How can people NOT blame Rivers? He had an awful start and final drive. One minute and three time outs. It was awful. They didn’t sack him and he was off on every single pass that last drive FFS
          There's a few Rivers homers on this board that will blame everyone and anything other than Rivers. The team is full of holes and QB is one of them.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

The party is over. I hate when they loose to the raiders. No playoffs this year.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

NEW QB time
              and upgrade the o-line

Comment

• Protect17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                The entire drive Rivers was as bad as he started this game. Holding the ball looking for deep shots and throwing it up up for grabs. When the o line isnt good!?

I'm having trouble blaming anyone but Rivers for that last drive. He threw all of those passes.

QB driven league.
                We have slow overrated WR also and still looking deep with a shit Oline ...Dumb team poor coaching poor personnel.Rivers is cooked let him sit the rest of the year and let Tyrod play .Rivers is a dinasaur now .Move the hell on this is terrible to watch .

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by QuackBolt View Post
                  I think the powder blues are a curse caused by the move to LA
                  I honestly hate when we play in them. No offense to this boards name lol

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuackBolt View Post
                    That was the worst possible way to play those last 4 minutes.
                    Couldn’t agree more. Defense looked so soft and uninspired. Offense did not make one play. Got a first down by penalty but not one completion. No dump offs to Ekeler? Gordon? Just horrid. Tom Brady is laughing again how inept we are on offense in a 2 minute drill.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Tijuana
                      • Send PM

I'm a Rivers homer, but if he keeps playing this way the rest of the season I hope he retires (I don't want to see him play for another team for a year or two)

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

As I've said many times, I seriously don't think Rivers is the one...he just has a meltdown under any pressure...if this was Brady with a minute left, I GUARANTEE YOU he fires off some short out routes, stops the clock, moves the chains, puts the team in position to kick the FG...all those long passes, dumb, dumb, dumb...if it was Stitch who dialed up those plays, shame on him. If it was Rivers who audibled into them, shame on him...
                        You are forgetting one major fact. We always have a terrible O-line. Brady always has a top ten O-line. Rivers is throwing the ball way too early because there is no time, and that means nobody is open yet.

Don't know why people can't understand this. No team has ever won a SB with a bottom 3 O-line, and that's what we have every year.

Comment

• Protect17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

Yep. Blaming Rivers for the loss is a cop-out for the ball-watchers.
                          He suuuuuuucks buddy he’s so done time to move on .

Comment

Working...
                          X