Texan trade up for Watson.
    Eagles trade up for Wentz.
    Chiefs trade up for Mahomes.
    Jets trade up for Darnold.
    Bills trade up for Allen.
    Rams trade up for Goff.
    Cardinals trade up for Rosen.
    Bears trade up for Trubisky.
    Ravens trade back into rd 1 for Jackson.
    Redskins trade up for RGIII
    Giants trade for Eli.
    Falcons trade up for Vick.
    Chargers trade up for Leaf.
    Colts trade up for Jeff George.

Other did not need to trade up because they had the #1 pick. Bradshaw, Elway, Testaverde, Aikman, Bledsoe, Couch, David Carr, Alex Smith, J.Russell, Stafford, Bradford, Newton, Luck, Winston, Luck, Mayfield, Murray.

It is certainly very Risky.
    Many of these did not get the ROI they thought they were getting. But staying pat is risky. You dont even get the player you covet. And those picks are maybe 50/50 to pan out themselves anyway.

Just go for it. Make the big bet.
    Go get Joe Burrow and deal with the result.

GB did not trade up and got Aaron Rodgers.

Joe Burrow far from a lock imo, and definitely not worth a trade up, especially since you have to go #1 to get him.

It's not "scared money" if there is a good QB we project to be available. That's "smart money" imo.

That being said, if the Bolts traded up to get Burrow, I'd hope that you and the FO were right.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

From Daniel Popper of The Athletic:

After watching the tape, I don’t know how anyone can, in good faith, expect more from a #Chargers offensive line starting two backup tackles and a third-string center. Aside from the three plays, the protection was stellar.

Comment

• Protect17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Annnnd Rivers still sucked.Play Tyrod let's see what we have not what we don't .

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

This is the saddest and one of the more painful Bolt situations for me as a lifelong fan. This couldn't be happening to a nicer person and that is so sad. Eli deserves what he is getting in my opinion, shame he won 2 rings (although he kept Brady from 2 more). Ben Rapersberger deserves what he is getting in my opinion, shame he won 2 rings. Brady deserves it for being a tool (and deflating balls). Rivers is a good person and doesn't deserve this. He is the one that should have 2 rings, he should have 6 rings actually 9 one for each child because he is flat out that nice of a guy, not those 3 scumbags.

I really hope and pray Rivers ends the year super strong 30 ish TD's, 14 INT's, leads the league in passing and gets a 3 year team friendly extension and then wins comeback player of the year next year, MVP and SuperBowl. I personally don't think Rivers is declining, he has had 2 to 3 horrific games every year for 13 years.

Then all would be right and just in the world, not this bizzaro twilight zone world where we've seen Eli, Peyton, Ben win 2 each, Brady 6, Brees 1 after being a Charger. Why is everything so backwards??

God is testing Rivers and our faith!!

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
            This is the saddest and one of the more painful Bolt situations for me as a lifelong fan. This couldn't be happening to a nicer person and that is so sad. Eli deserves what he is getting in my opinion, shame he won 2 rings (although he kept Brady from 2 more). Ben Rapersberger deserves what he is getting in my opinion, shame he won 2 rings. Brady deserves it for being a tool (and deflating balls). Rivers is a good person and doesn't deserve this. He is the one that should have 2 rings, he should have 6 rings actually 9 one for each child because he is flat out that nice of a guy, not those 3 scumbags.

I really hope and pray Rivers ends the year super strong 30 ish TD's, 14 INT's, leads the league in passing and gets a 3 year team friendly extension and then wins comeback player of the year next year, MVP and SuperBowl. I personally don't think Rivers is declining, he has had 2 to 3 horrific games every year for 13 years.

Then all would be right and just in the world, not this bizzaro twilight zone world where we've seen Eli, Peyton, Ben win 2 each, Brady 6, Brees 1 after being a Charger. Why is everything so backwards??

God is testing Rivers and our faith!!
            It is sad especially with Eli he gets more credit than he deserve for the two Super Bowls the Defense carried him and a freak catch by Tyreek. Big Ben big benifactor of surrounding talent, and questionable character with rape incident, those two was in his draft class so yeah it hurts.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

GB did not trade up and got Aaron Rodgers.

Joe Burrow far from a lock imo, and definitely not worth a trade up, especially since you have to go #1 to get him.

It's not "scared money" if there is a good QB we project to be available. That's "smart money" imo.

That being said, if the Bolts traded up to get Burrow, I'd hope that you and the FO were right.
              That is right. Green Bay did not trade up.

They also went 10-6 which is why they drafted 24th.

Farve was a 3 time league MVP and Superbowl Champion and 35 years old at that time.
              Yet they still spent a 1st rd pick on a QB and then he sat for 3 years until Favre was 38.

At 38 years old Favre went 13-3 his final season in Green Bay and lost the NFC title game in overtime 20-23. Green Bay traded him to Jets that off season.

Favre proved he was still great. Went to NFC title game with Vikings at age 40

Rodgers proved he was great too winning a Superbowl and league MVP twice.

Rivers is 38 doesn't have the creditials of either of the 2 guys above. And I have been posting on fan boards for a few seasons that its time to spend a 1st on a QB and sit him behind Rivers for a couple seasons.
              I posted and argued on fans boards to draft Watson and sit him behind Rivers. They picked Mike Willimas. After it happened, I posted they pickesbthe wrong Clemson player. I mentioned Rivers age and contract expiration. As well as the bottom line....for 7 straight years Rivers couldnt find a way to get to 10 wins in a regular season. His combined record over that time 51-61. (Rivers is not blameless and beyond reproach in that win loss record)

Chargers spent a 5th last year. Are they actually seriously trying to be ready for the future?

QB driven league.
              Go get Burrow. Its too late to wait.
              They could have just got Watson with no trade necessary.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

That is right. Green Bay did not trade up.

They also went 10-6 which is why they drafted 24th.

Farve was a 3 time league MVP and Superbowl Champion and 35 years old at that time.
                Yet they still spent a 1st rd pick on a QB and then he sat for 3 years until Favre was 38.

At 38 years old Favre went 13-3 his final season in Green Bay and lost the NFC title game in overtime 20-23. Green Bay traded him to Jets that off season.

Favre proved he was still great. Went to NFC title game with Vikings at age 40

Rodgers proved he was great too winning a Superbowl and league MVP twice.

Rivers is 38 doesn't have the creditials of either of the 2 guys above. And I have been posting on fan boards for a few seasons that its time to spend a 1st on a QB and sit him behind Rivers for a couple seasons.
                I posted and argued on fans boards to draft Watson and sit him behind Rivers. They picked Mike Willimas. After it happened, I posted they pickesbthe wrong Clemson player. I mentioned Rivers age and contract expiration. As well as the bottom line....for 7 straight years Rivers couldnt find a way to get to 10 wins in a regular season. His combined record over that time 51-61. (Rivers is not blameless and beyond reproach in that win loss record)

Chargers spent a 5th last year. Are they actually seriously trying to be ready for the future?

QB driven league.
                Go get Burrow. Its too late to wait.
                They could have just got Watson with no trade necessary.
                Jalen Hurts or Jamie Newman from Wake Forest will be available...no need to give up the farm for Burrow when we have so many holes to fill...

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

It is sad especially with Eli he gets more credit than he deserve for the two Super Bowls the Defense carried him and a freak catch by Tyreek. Big Ben big benifactor of surrounding talent, and questionable character with rape incident, those two was in his draft class so yeah it hurts.
                  In Eli two title runs he got it done.
                  They went 4-0 and 4-0.
                  In those 8 games Eli had a single Interception.
                  They had 3pt wins and OT wins during those runs.
                  If Eli turned the ball over they would have zero Superbowl wins. They would have never got there if he was throwing a couple more interceptions.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jalen Hurts or Jamie Newman from Wake Forest will be available...no need to give up the farm for Burrow when we have so many holes to fill...
                    :what:

There is only one whole to fill.
                    Franchise QB.
                    Force multiplier.
                    All ships rise with the tide of greatness.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

:what:

There is only one whole to fill.
                      Franchise QB.
                      Force multiplier.
                      All ships rise with the tide of greatness.
                      Wait a minute...so, you're saying we don't have any holes to fill on our O-line?

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Franchise QB??? Need to lose all remaining games to even have a long shot at a possible. The Spanos' might try and buy+trade picks for a franchise QB, but that seems unlikely, to me, given their past MO. Desperate times call for desperate measures tho, so who knows?

With the way they've hung on to head coaches way too long, they may do the same with Rivers.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wait a minute...so, you're saying we don't have any holes to fill on our O-line?
                          Every team has holes to fill.
                          Few teams have so called great o line.
                          Even the best o lines give up pressure 30% of pass snaps. The other side gets paid to disrupt & defeat the play. Most o lines give up pressure 40-50% the time. Even with all the injury and losing a pro bowl center and not having the 2nd best player Okung. Chargers terrible o line is ranked 16th in allowing pressure. The run game is 14th.
                          The franchise QB is playing terribly inconsistent missing opportunities to get 1st downs, points, and wins. To quote the man who drafted him. It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X