• Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Either the teams ahead of us take a risk on Tua,
    or he falls to us.

Answer: they will go for the clean prospects at other positions early.

What part of 70% completion percentage do y'all not understand ?

The comp for Tua is Rivers, with his highly accurate passing at NC State.

LAC takes the player willing to promote Los Angeles.

Nashville is closer to Decatur and Inglewood is closer to Honolulu.
    So we drafting Eason?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

57 picks in four years.
      Exceeded only by Jameis' 61.
      Everyone else 44 or less.

It makes a lot of sense,
      the promoting LA factor.

I could see the Chargers going IOL/RB.
      G-bye to MG III.
      Help for Tyrod & the D.

Great times.
      That's only because Eli and Ben aren't playing this year lol.

So if this is true then good for Rivers to get out of this jinxed franchise.
      Looks like we trading up big or doing the other route.....settling for who falls to them.

Get ready for very rough times.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

For all the people that want a running QB - I offer names; Brees, Brady, Rogers, Big Ben, Cousins, Jimmy G. They all do pretty darn good and all are "pocket passers". The running QB's that are successful are few and far between. Even the top guys in this years draft are mostly pocket passers that only run occasionally. Guys like Wilson and Jackson are hard to come by and they are also open to the possibility of injury every time they run..
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          For all the people that want a running QB - I offer names; Brees, Brady, Rogers, Big Ben, Cousins, Jimmy G. They all do pretty darn good and all are "pocket passers". The running QB's that are successful are few and far between. Even the top guys in this years draft are mostly pocket passers that only run occasionally. Guys like Wilson and Jackson are hard to come by and they are also open to the possibility of injury every time they run..
          I agree Roo. We don't really need a running QB, just one mobile enough to buy time or escape.
          Not a statue.
          Rivers can and does move up in the pocket but otherwise is a sitting duck behind it if pressure comes.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I agree Roo. We don't really need a running QB, just one mobile enough to buy time or escape.
            Not a statue.
            Rivers can and does move up in the pocket but otherwise is a sitting duck behind it if pressure comes.
            True. His 9 yard scramble at Baltimore last year is etched in my mind because he so seldom runs.

Somehow, I hope they figure it out.. The Niners turned it around in one year - why not us..
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

True. His 9 yard scramble at Baltimore last year is etched in my mind because he so seldom runs.

Somehow, I hope they figure it out.. The Niners turned it around in one year - why not us..
              Niners had high picks in every round for a few years and then made trades. Making trades is a weak spot for us.
              And they had cap space which we lack.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Brees, Brady, Rogers and Big Ben can all escape a bit — some more than others - but more importantly can throw on the run or while rolling out. Rivers can’t. Never could

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
                  Rivers will look great in a Panthers Uniform next year. Chargers will have many years to get a QB after the meltdown. Whiz was fired to see if Lynn is able to coach. I see a coaching change coming. Lynn is not safe
                  Interesting take, there, SB...I don't think Whiz was all that creative...STRIKE ONE...Stitch isn't much better than Whiz, and talks daily to Norv...STRIKE TWO...Lynn is too loyal to poor performing players, is at times a poor game manager (especially with time outs) and seems to lack the guts to bench a poor performing QB...STRIKE THREE...

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Brees, Brady, Rogers and Big Ben can all escape a bit — some more than others - but more importantly can throw on the run or while rolling out. Rivers can’t. Never could
                    But Phil steps up in the pocket better than any NFL QB perhaps ever.

Prediction: 5-0 to end the season = 9-7 ... Rivers will lead the NFL in passing yards. Somehow we get in as either a WC or Divisional and then go 4-0 SB Champs. I believe again (until we lose again).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting take, there, SB...I don't think Whiz was all that creative...STRIKE ONE...Stitch isn't much better than Whiz, and talks daily to Norv...STRIKE TWO...Lynn is too loyal to poor performing players, is at times a poor game manager (especially with time outs) and seems to lack the guts to bench a poor performing QB...STRIKE THREE...
                      What does that tell you about the two guys behind Rivers?
                      You and others might just be wrong!

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

That is an odd list of QBs.

I see Wilson as great QB who plays with poise in the pocket, but also can hurt you with legs buying time to throw or getting a few yards. Elway did that, just not as fast or as good running ability.

Jackson running ability is so great, it would be foolish not to use that extra dynamic. He plays with poise in pocket and makes throws. He can be called a running QB. But he makes plenty of throws too.
                        You canNOT just draft a running QB and think you end up with Lamar Jackson. He is one of a kind.

Every QB has their own style and ability.

Rodgers does a great job with his legs buying time or grabbing yards. He has over 3000 career rush yards.

Actually, all of them do more with legs than Rivers.
                        It is what it is

Rushing TDs by QB.

Rodgers 28TDs
                        Brady 22TDs
                        Brees 22TDs
                        Ben 19TDs
                        Cousins15TDs

Bradshaw 32TDs
                        Elway 33TDs
                        Montana 20TDs
                        P.Manning 18TDs
                        S.Young 43TDs

Marino 9TDs
                        Aikman 9TDs

Rivers 3TDs.....huh?
                        Must be the o lines, OC & HC fault he rarely converts in redzone with his legs. When the last time you seen Rivers run a successful sneak for TD or naked bootleg for TD, QB draw or just scramble for it.
                        You don't because that part of the game is not in Rivers toolbox. Some of the redzone struggles could be helped at times if Rivers had any ability to use his legs.

Brady has 22TDs. If nothing there ive seen him run, scramble, pump fake and run for a 3yd TD. And he runs the sneak better than any QB.

Any criticism of Rivers lack of mobility, doesn't mean we have to get a running QB, just a QB that has some mobility and can give you something with his legs.
                        Sneaks, naked bootleg, buy some time, run for a few yards, get a rush TD once or twice a year like Brady, Montana, Brees, or Manning, but not once or twice a career like Rivers.

Joe Burrow is a pocket passer with mobility. If he plays 16 years like Rivers, he would have 25 rush TDs, not 3. It might help win another close game here or there.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

You said, Any criticism of Rivers lack of mobility, doesn't mean we have to get a running QB, just a QB that has some mobility and can give you something with his legs.

That's how I see it too.

I saw Jackson as a freshman and thought he'll be a big time NFL QB if he doesn't get blown up.. I missed on Mahomes though.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X