X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jamrock View Post

A better QB like Rivers who played the same Patriot team 2 weeks prior and lost putting up 12 points? Or the one that lost the prior season against a weaker Patriot team?> Or the one that lost to the Jets a few years later putting up even fewer points?

Like I said Eli made 2 game deciding plays in those super bowls. you can talk stats all you want but clutch is clutch.
    Okay. You are talking about a game at NE versus a neutral site. You are talking about difficult cold weather versus perfect weather. You are talking about one team with a defense playing at its absolute peak while the other team's offense and defense were a battered shell of what they normally were. Some of the Chargers players were so injured at the time of the NE game that they had not recovered by the time of the start of the 2008 season. And, of course, you are talking about Rivers playing six days after surgey on a torn ACL.

No, Eli was not clutch. He led his team to 17 points under perfect conditions. It was only because his defense had a game for the ages that the 17 points was enough. It is not clutch to suck in the Super for three quarters and then finish with a medicore game. It is simply poor analysis to ignore the first three quarters of the game.

While the Giants were stopping the Patriots late, the Chargers were letting the Patriots grind out a TD over 4:17 and then letting them possess the ball for the final 9:13 of the game. It is somewhat difficult to show the ability to be clutch when your team does not et to have the ball at all, but please feel free to ignore that. I am sorry, but the 2007 AFCCG versus Super Bowl comparison is beyond weak.

As for 2011, I have already shown that Eli faced poor pass defenses and the Giants lose versus SF but for the two fumbled punts. Eli sucked so badly in the second half of that game that their best offensive play was a punt, which they did on every second half and OT possession started outside of FG range.

And again, in the Super Bowl that year, Eli led the team to a whopping 19 offensive points. Better QBs would have had both of those SBs put away with the way the Giants were playing defense. When the chips were down, the Giants won in spite of Eli, not because of him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

True. His 9 yard scramble at Baltimore last year is etched in my mind because he so seldom runs....
      lol. remember how long that run seemed to last. it was like watching a newborn giraffe run with a rhino tranq dart in his thigh ...

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I guess if we lose to the donks, I'll finally be on the Benchcember band wagon

Comment

• Scott Green
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Its always great to want a new quarterback thats flashy and mobile. Until you realize you have Baker Mayfield or Mitch Tribiskey or Jamis Winston for the next four years.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post
            Its always great to want a new quarterback thats flashy and mobile. Until you realize you have Baker Mayfield or Mitch Tribiskey or Jamis Winston for the next four years.
            Just give me a QB that is mobile he doesn't have to be flashy. Give me a Brees, a Rodger, or a Big Ben just someone when the play breaks down he can move out the pocket and if need be run for a few yards. Even though Lamarr Jackson is lighting it up right now I am not a fan, it is great for highlights, but it isn't sustainable, lets see what happens with Jackson in the playoffs running like he is likely to shorten his career.

Comment

• Scott Green
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Just give me a QB that is mobile he doesn't have to be flashy. Give me a Brees, a Rodger, or a Big Ben just someone when the play breaks down he can move out the pocket and if need be run for a few yards. Even though Lamarr Jackson is lighting it up right now I am not a fan, it is great for highlights, but it isn't sustainable, lets see what happens with Jackson in the playoffs running like he is likely to shorten his career.
              Rogers is what everyone wants, Josh Rosen is what most teams get. Its never easy to develop a good QB much less a hall of famer like Brees or Rogers.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

lol. remember how long that run seemed to last. it was like watching a newborn giraffe run with a rhino tranq dart in his thigh ...
                haha this sounds vaguely similar! LOL!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post
                  can we have Jacoby Brissett?

we may already have him on Roster.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

can we have Jacoby Brissett?

we may already have him on Roster.
                    Only way to find out is give the guy some reps...rather see Tyrod and/or Stick at this point, than have to endure watching PR sling up more picks...

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Rodgers with his mobility didn't look all that great against the 49ers.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                        Rodgers with his mobility didn't look all that great against the 49ers.
                        The Niners showed the real value of having a top shelf D-line to ramp up the pressure...Niners also have some decent corners...

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The Niners showed the real value of having a top shelf D-line to ramp up the pressure...Niners also have some decent corners...
                          So you're saying mobility doesn't work if you're going against a really good defense .

got it.

Comment

Working...
                          X