• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

What about that Charger receiver running free towards the left corner of the end zone?
    You can't see it but there is a chiefs player over there. that dude was covered by 2 chefs

imagen.png
    imagen.png

imagen.png

LATAM ESPN Full game broadcast (Spanish)
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Bolts & Noles
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Slide and climb. I feel Philip's immobility in the pocket has reached a point of diminished returns.

This has got to kill Philip seeing this in the coaches' room, because he is such a competitor. I think he wants to play in that shiny new stadium
      and doesn't want to end it in that soccer stadium. But his body tells him different.

It's like the sad story Charlie tells Mose about Tig in Open Range.

Charlie: Stay, Tig. Mose: Wants to go. Charlie: She acts like she does, but she don't. Still got the heart, not the legs.
      I noticed that during the game. It's like he has to roll out to the side that he's throwing the ball to.

Comment

• Bolts & Noles
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
        quite a few of his pix have not been under duress so you cant blame the oline for everything. monday's game i counted ONE INT under duress...the one picked by the dlineman. everything else was just TERRIBLE vision (honey badger INT) or just flat out TERRIBLE pass (Patton bomb and last INT). Does he now have more INTs than jameis freakin-winston? those 2 are vying for the INT crown!
        There's so many little things you can see.He does not move well in the pocket at all. Inaccurate down the field.When he actually throws it down the field .Seems he needs to roll to side he's is throwing it to.So many signs.I think hes really limited.Its predictable.Tired of seeing the same thing every week.Its really time to move on.

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2019
          • Send PM

When I look at the Chargers the first thing that comes to mind is poor coaching and the ability to perform in all 3 phases. Rivers knows this and I feel he is pressing all the time. For years our defense has not been good at tackling nor stopping teams on their last drive. Its rare to see the offense pound the ball with a lead going into the forth quarter and our defense shut teams out.if you think our OL is not a big Problem then you are not seeing the big picture.

We seem to have problems with the long dink and dunk drives which Gates/Woodhead were so good at, and seem to need big chunk plays to keep drives alive.

Special teams - how many game in last 3 years can we put on them. Lots....... Rivers know this and so does the team.

Defense - we all can agree that with a little luck from health this side has most upside. But it’s clear to me Gus was not the mastermind of Seattle’s and Jacksonville great defense. But he seems to be best chargers brass can muster.

on to Rivers - I would love to know why They fired Whiz in the middle of season. The offense has clearly regressed. Not saying he was the great, but classic bad timing move.

owners/FO - AJ, Marti, Norv, lots of poor drafts, weddle, Bosa contract, Gordon contract....... it’s not as bad as Pittsburgh, but close.

This Off season should shed more light. It looks like no Rivers, possibly no Gordon ........ Can Lynn adjust...

The year we drafted Gordon and he did not score 1 TD, kinda says it all in charger culture.

We can at least say Rivers has been one of the most fun Guys to watch over last 16 years. I really hope they can one day find another QB that can give us what Rivers has.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Great post Sb4R !
            Way to hit the ground running with solid takes !
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
              We can at least say Rivers has been one of the most fun Guys to watch over last 16 years. I really hope they can one day find another QB that can give us what Rivers has.
              I hope they can find some one who has some mobility...not necessarily a running QB but one who at least can run for first downs when needed. Heck I wont care if they find a running QB as long as he can take the team to the big dance and win it. so I'd be ecstatic with a rivers-like QB (minus his tendency to play hero ball and toss it up for grabs) but with mobility. He doesnt have to be as great as Russell Wilson...MAN that guy is good.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

When I look at the Chargers the first thing that comes to mind is poor coaching and the ability to perform in all 3 phases. Rivers knows this and I feel he is pressing all the time. For years our defense has not been good at tackling nor stopping teams on their last drive. Its rare to see the offense pound the ball with a lead going into the forth quarter and our defense shut teams out.if you think our OL is not a big Problem then you are not seeing the big picture.

We seem to have problems with the long dink and dunk drives which Gates/Woodhead were so good at, and seem to need big chunk plays to keep drives alive.

Special teams - how many game in last 3 years can we put on them. Lots....... Rivers know this and so does the team.

Defense - we all can agree that with a little luck from health this side has most upside. But it’s clear to me Gus was not the mastermind of Seattle’s and Jacksonville great defense. But he seems to be best chargers brass can muster.

on to Rivers - I would love to know why They fired Whiz in the middle of season. The offense has clearly regressed. Not saying he was the great, but classic bad timing move.

owners/FO - AJ, Marti, Norv, lots of poor drafts, weddle, Bosa contract, Gordon contract....... it’s not as bad as Pittsburgh, but close.

This Off season should shed more light. It looks like no Rivers, possibly no Gordon ........ Can Lynn adjust...

The year we drafted Gordon and he did not score 1 TD, kinda says it all in charger culture.

We can at least say Rivers has been one of the most fun Guys to watch over last 16 years. I really hope they can one day find another QB that can give us what Rivers has (WITHOUT ALL THOSE PICKS).
                There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Many accurate observations, but none of them excuse PR playing like shit imo. On the flip ... unfair to retroactively deem his entire career sucked when he’s obviously been very good. He never really stepped up big enough in enough big games to get a trophy, psycho-analyze that as we will - I dunno. Fluke? Bun-Luck? Mental Destiny? Who knows. His comparators didn’t either yet they got rings. Eli played crappy in some of his SB runs and Ben played crappy in his plus got the refs to rig one of his SB wins. The teams carried both of them over the victory line imo. Phil never had a team carry him over the line, and he never carried a team over the line.

I think Phil’s window is firmly closed and nailed shut. Sorry Phil - Dan went thru the same. Both Dan’s, now that I think of it. Just doesn’t happen for every good QB.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Team sources say Philip Rivers may not play for Chargers in 2020. With no extension talks planned, decline in play & Rivers’ lack of interest in promoting LA.. Could be critical elements moving forward & team inclined to go in a different direction.

Per Jason Lacanfora

Comment

• boltman2222
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

2020 Chargers (Patriots West)

Tom Brady - QB
                      Josh McDaniels - HC (2nd time around can be better just like Belicheck who failed w Cleveland)
                      Adam Gase or Mike McCoy - OC (both w McDaniels before). Or, McDaniels can retain Steichen.
                      Mile Patricia - DC (if he gets fired after 3 yrs of losing records)

Comment

• boltman2222
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Dreams are what make life (as a Charger fan) tolerable....a line from Pete from the movie "RUDY"

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by boltman2222 View Post
                          2020 Chargers (Patriots West)

Tom Brady - QB
                          Josh McDaniels - HC (2nd time around can be better just like Belicheck who failed w Cleveland)
                          Adam Gase or Mike McCoy - OC (both w McDaniels before). Or, McDaniels can retain Steichen.
                          Mile Patricia - DC (if he gets fired after 3 yrs of losing records)
                          Hell no!

Just give me Belichick!
                          He went 11-5 with Matt friggin Cassell.

McDaniels sucked as a HC in Denver, was hired by the Colts to be their HC and then backed out. No thanks.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-24-2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X