Telesco Needs To Be Relieved Of Duties..

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue_Spirit
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

OK. It's just that Lamp is turning out to have been a 5th or 6th rounder taken in the 2nd round. That's partially affecting my frustration and opinion of him. It's not so bad if I keep reminding myself of that. I suppose he's an example of how you can't tell how someone will transition from the collegiant ranks to the NFL.
    i thought Lamp was supposed to be the best guard coning out of the draft?

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue_Spirit View Post

Until he fell into the hands of the conditioning guy of the Chargers....

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Ffs, Rivers isn’t the problem. We have no offensive line. When he gets a little protection he moves the fricking ball. When he is under extreme duress because our left or right tackle ole’s the de or our guards can’t figure out a gap blitzers he makes throws that get picked.

Rivers can’t fricking block and throw the ball, come on people. Recognize this is a depth issue.

We spent a 3rd round pick on a two to three year project at tackle instead of trying to find someone who could be serviceable. We decided not to address tackle or oline in the first two pick in the draft and instead picked a mercurial dt who would get lost in college games and a safety.

Telesco has hit some home run with bosa and James but let’s be honest even a forum member could have gotten those picks right.
        Popper would disagree with you:

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        From Daniel Popper of The Athletic:

After watching the tape, I don’t know how anyone can, in good faith, expect more from a #Chargers offensive line starting two backup tackles and a third-string center. Aside from the three plays, the protection was stellar.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

3 plays in a one score game when only one of the plays cost the game are 3 times too many

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

I don't know who the hell Daniel Popper is, and I don't care what he thinks. We all watched the O-line, and they were not "stellar". They are ranked at the bottom of the league for a reason.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
              • Feb 2019
              • Midwest
              • Local 150 operating engineer.
              • Send PM

Considering Poppers previous tweets, I wouldn't trust a guy who can't count the yard markers, to be able to determine if the oline play was stellar or not.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlackMamba View Post

The defense held THAT offense to 17 points, so c'mon now. The D isn't perfect, but it's been consistently good enough to make the playoffs this season. If you want a perfect defense that never has bad moments, I'm afraid you're always going to be disappointed.
                7 of them came on a 5 yard field, compliments of Rivers.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would you cut a guy with a very high upside that you have under control for another year at a very reasonable contract (especially with our offensive line)? We all understand he has had two injuries that have derailed his first few years but it would be nuts to let him walk now. If he gets hurt again next year, we can let him walk as his contract will expire.
                  What upside would that be? He has sucked the few time he’s played. He couldn’t crack first string against THIS starting OL.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Blue_Spirit View Post

Lamp had a stretch of being healthy, and everyone was wondering why he wasn't being inserted into the lineup. Most would expect a highly touted second round pick to not have to be brought along as slowly as a 5th or 6th rounder would be. I'm was one of those wondering too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Lamp had a stretch of being healthy, and everyone was wondering why he wasn't being inserted into the lineup. Most would expect a highly touted second round pick to not have to be brought along as slowly as a 5th or 6th rounder would be. I'm was one of those wondering too.
                      Lamp. Lol. Its not like he had to beat out proven pro bowl OGs. He couldn’t beat Feeney or Schofield. Finally he got some playing time this year and he wasn’t good. The Lamp hype is the least earned hype on the entire team, he’s got an unbroken career of nothing for now 3 years and counting...

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lamp. Lol. Its not like he had to beat out proven pro bowl OGs. He couldn’t beat Feeney or Schofield. Finally he got some playing time this year and he wasn’t good. The Lamp hype is the least earned hype on the entire team, he’s got an unbroken career of nothing for now 3 years and counting...
                        Not only was he healthy, but the coaches must have seen something during practices that warranted others starting in front of him. Go figure that.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well popper can’t be wrong so you got me. I love how he says except for the three plays protection was stellar. You mean the three plays that they couldn’t block anyone and the rusher hit rivers full speed and caused an “interception”. Or the clutch one where rivers needed a clean pocket to try to tie the game but was flushed out of the pocket and forced to throw the ball or take a game ending sack.

Yeah sorry Popper it’s like saying your wife was faithful except for the three times she had kids with other guys. Those three times were pretty huge.

Comment

Working...
                          X