• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not hard when most of your passes are 0-5 yards. Stats don't tell the whole story.
    I hear ya, but isn't that more the system than the QB? Career, he's 8.275/reception. In the few games I've seen of him, I admit, it was a lot of dink and dunk but I thought he also showed good arm talent on outs and deep balls.
    sigpic

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post

I hear ya, but isn't that more the system than the QB? Career, he's 8.275/reception. In the few games I've seen of him, I admit, it was a lot of dink and dunk but I thought he also showed good arm talent on outs and deep balls.
      I games ive watched this year he has trouble being accurate over 10 yards and has been bad with long balls.
      yes he has a really good arm but that really.dont mean anything besides that. Kyle Boller had a real good arm, so did Cutler.

Clearly he needs work on having touch on his passes also. Seems like a really good kid, the kind of guy you like on your team he just needs work is all.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

From a scouting report before this season on Hebert:

Arm Strength
        While you won’t confuse Herbert with Josh Allen in terms of arm strength, Herbert has a very strong arm. The Ducks’ QB has the ability to push the ball downfield with little effort and zip the ball into extremely tight windows. He very well may have the best deep ball in this class. Grade: 9/10

Accuracy
        Herbert’s completion percentage dropped more than eight points last season. That does not mean that he did not have more than his fair share of “wow” throws. Herbert showcases the ability to throw with accuracy, touch, and great ball placement to all areas of the field. His knack for placing the ball only where his receiver can get to it, really sets him apart from the majority of young passers. Grade: 9/10

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          From a scouting report before this season on Hebert:
          Just not what I've seen. He can do those things but not very consistamtly and best deep ball? Does it mean he has no trouble throwing the ball deep accurate? Because accurate is not what I've seen at all.

Did I just happen to watch his not so best games?

I mentioned I've never seen him play well against a good team and then he doesn't play that well against Wisconsin.

Not impressed when he lights up New Mexico and Wyoming types.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-03-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Seriously?

Is Herbert,Hurts, or whoever this mobile QB is.....is he never going to read a defense , look off a safety, or hec.....throw the ball?
            Same playbook plus the QB option instead of Gordon in the middle ?

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

And that is the issue. Reports are that GM's are shying away from him. They don't think he's a 1st rounder anymore. Despite reports of a pending full recovery, GM's aren't convinced. He won't even be ready for the combine. He'll have to come back and prove he can still play. Then he'll probably injure something else overcompensating for the hip.
              If he can’t play much this up coming season either way, I’m just not sure how returning to Alabama helps his cause at all... he may even end up getting injured again... and he still may not be a first rounder next year. Now if he’s a opening day starter, than that’s different imo.

Unless the guy thinks with his bad hip, that he still may not be able to run/cut by the time of the NFL combine.
              Last edited by Chargerville; 01-03-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

I games ive watched this year he has trouble being accurate over 10 yards and has been bad with long balls.
                yes he has a really good arm but that really.dont mean anything besides that. Kyle Boller had a real good arm, so did Cutler.

Clearly he needs work on having touch on his passes also. Seems like a really good kid, the kind of guy you like on your team he just needs work is all.
                Jeff George had an amazing arm. Little good it did him. BTW I have probably a stronger arm than Montana (when I played) yet he is arguably the greatest QB ever. Arm strength alone is over rated.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Hurts is what Lynn is looking for.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Hurts is what Lynn is looking for.
                    I think Hurts is what blue is looking for.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think Hurts is what blue is looking for.
                      +1

Drafting Hurts would give me the same feeling I had when they hired NOrv.:killme:
                      sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

Tua just declared for the draft.

If I'm a GM, I wouldn't go anywhere near him in the 1st round.
                        sigpic

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Tua just declared for the draft. Come to LA brah !

If I'm a GM, I wouldn't go anywhere near him in the 1st round. That's why Spanos is paying TT the big bucks...errr.
                          Crap. This changes everything. There goes my precious woodMock v3, which was to be posted soon.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X