• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=ghost;n898147]
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I am not an Herbert guy either. He has wildly inconsistent games, just like Michell Trubisky. Consistent production at the collegiate level, Herbert doesn't have it. If I wanted a running QB, I would look hard at Jalen Hurts at OU.
    How did you read that in my post? I think he's a top 15 guy. I think he's very similar to Wentz & Josh Allen as college qbs.

I hope some one else drafts him in the top 10 - which is very likely.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

If TT doesn't love a player he doesn't draft them, they have to be either high character or from notre dame or whatever logic he uses.

I could see TT rolling with Easton whom he drafted or if Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins were free agents going after them.

I myself hope he sees Rivers is more of an asset then hinderance and Franchise Tags him.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n898170]
        Originally posted by ghost View Post

How did you read that in my post? I think he's a top 15 guy. I think he's very similar to Wentz & Josh Allen as college qbs.

I hope some one else drafts him in the top 10 - which is very likely.
        I agree with all that, and I too hope someone else drafts him.

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
          Hard pass on Herbert for me, 14 for 20 today, 138 yards, 0 tds 1 int
          He still found a way to win the game vs a very good team.

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

If Herbert's Rose Bowl performance is going to be held against him, then there shouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell that anyone still considers Hurts. He demonstrated exactly why he lost his starting job at Bama.
            sigpic

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
              If TT doesn't love a player he doesn't draft them, they have to be either high character or from notre dame or whatever logic he uses.

I could see TT rolling with Easton whom he drafted or if Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins were free agents going after them.

I myself hope he sees Rivers is more of an asset then hinderance and Franchise Tags him.
              Telesco and the SPanii need to ask themselves this question - Do we Want to be a good team in 2020 or a rebuilding team? Now, the team is moving into a new stadium, the last stadium they were a laughingstock. So - if they want to be a good team -- I think they

1) bring back Rivers
              2) focus on the OL
              3) upgrade at DT
              4) fire Stewart and fix ST.

I get they need a fast WR and CB depth - but they do the above - they have a chance to be competitive in 2020. If they want to rebuild - its two years. Meaning two drafts. So 2021. Even Tyrod Taylor at QB will need a better OL, better interior play on the DL and better ST.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                If Herbert's Rose Bowl performance is going to be held against him, then there shouldn't be a snowballs chance in hell that anyone still considers Hurts. He demonstrated exactly why he lost his starting job at Bama.
                I did not hold any game against Herbert. I said he has inconsistent games. That scares the shit out of me. You look for consistent prior production at the QB position.

I have concerns about Jalen Hurts' as well. I'm watching all his OU games because this is a completely different kid that I saw when I was watching Alabama games. He has evolved as a passing threat.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Thing is that isn't the first game I've seen like that from Herbert and this was the best defense he saw all year.

Comment

• Chargerville
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

I think the Chargers will draft either Tua or Herbert and try to bring back Rivers for at least one more season... so that neither of those guys are rushed into having to start right away. They’ll address (or try to address) everything else through the draft & free agency.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think so this time. The Chargers imo don’t seem good enough at trying to be smart/cute and take a player that could be better if developed correctly... they’re the type of team that probably should just get the obvious best available QB, let him sit behind Rivers for at least a season (this would allow a guy like m Tua to heal a bit) ... and see what you got afterwards.
                    Last edited by Chargerville; 01-02-2020, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I said this in the other thread in the other forum, but if Herbert or Tua is there at 6, I think you take it.

And Herbert while not putting up stellar numbers... did make some really nice throws. He's got a heck of an arm, and can move... I think you gotta see what you got.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I did not hold any game against Herbert. I said he has inconsistent games. That scares the shit out of me. You look for consistent prior production at the QB position.

I have concerns about Jalen Hurts' as well. I'm watching all his OU games because this is a completely different kid that I saw when I was watching Alabama games. He has evolved as a passing threat.
                        His team went 11 - 2 and won the Rose Bowl: how inconsistent could he have been?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

His team went 11 - 2 and won the Rose Bowl: how inconsistent could he have been?
                          Exactly. He has all the physical tools and is very smart. I think there is a decent chance we take him.

Comment

Working...
                          X