• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

I don't know man. Guys with his natural talent don't grow on trees.

Even that game Alabama lost against LSU... Tua had 400 yards passing and 4 TD's.

Yes, he's been hurt a few times. I get it.

He's just 21 Years Old. He's not fully developed yet.

This makes me want to re-sign Phillip for another year or two and draft Tua. (if he's there at #6).

Guys with his ability don't come around very often. Yes, he's a risk. So is everyone.

Forrest Lamp started 51 games in 4 years of college. Been injured severely, twice in the NFL. It's a gamble.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Tua at 6. Make the t-shirt.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Tua at 6. Make the t-shirt.
        Not that I necessarily endorse this, but here u go, Blue:

image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not that I necessarily endorse this, but here u go, Blue:

image.png
          What size did you get ?
          Wear it with pride !
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

What size did you get ?
            Wear it with pride !
            Waiting to see how Tua's medical evals and prognosis look pre-draft before I jump on Tua Train...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Thanks for the T!!

Tua at 6.

Trade with NYG, Tua at 4.

Trade with Miami, Hurts at 25.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Tijuana
                • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Make mine “Two-ah”
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

I don't normally get too involved in draft discussions, but having watched 3 of the 4 (seemingly) top candidates at QB extensively I think I can have an intelligent debate. I have to admit I find some of the views on this head-scratching. So, in order, here's my takes.

Joe Burrow: He's the real deal and a legitimate lock. He won't be there at #6 and the cost will be too high to move up.

Herbert: He's my #2 even if Tua doesn't have health issues. Admittedly, I have watched him the least. But I like his size, think he moves very well and has demonstrated good arm talent. I feel his size will help him remain durable. He's a good young talent to build on.

Tua: I feel he's over-hyped because of where he played. All I see is the next RGIII. Great athlete that can't slide, takes too many hits and is made of glass. He throws well on the run and actually has a nice deep ball, but I don't see the short throws in to tight windows as one of his strengths. With the Bolts recent issues with player injuries I just can't see why this guy would be on anyone's radar.

Hurts: Just say no. Just walk away. This league will swallow this guy up. If you use him like the Saints use Taysom Hill fine, but thats not a 1st round kind of guy. I don't think the kid has a very good football IQ and his run at OU was a lot of smoke and mirrors, IMO. I would actually consider Jake Fromm over this guy.

The combine will be very interesting and very telling. Of course Tua won't be ready to participate...another red flag for him.
                    :2cents:
                    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Tua's hip and overall injury history scare me (and I would probably pass on him if I were TT), but if you can live with that, I agree with Daniel Jeremiah on everything else about him:

Comment

• RollingThunder
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                        I don't know man. Guys with his natural talent don't grow on trees.

Even that game Alabama lost against LSU... Tua had 400 yards passing and 4 TD's.

Yes, he's been hurt a few times. I get it.

He's just 21 Years Old. He's not fully developed yet.

This makes me want to re-sign Phillip for another year or two and draft Tua. (if he's there at #6).

Guys with his ability don't come around very often. Yes, he's a risk. So is everyone.

Forrest Lamp started 51 games in 4 years of college. Been injured severely, twice in the NFL. It's a gamble.

Sign me up.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          I don't normally get too involved in draft discussions, but having watched 3 of the 4 (seemingly) top candidates at QB extensively I think I can have an intelligent debate. I have to admit I find some of the views on this head-scratching. So, in order, here's my takes.

Joe Burrow: He's the real deal and a legitimate lock. He won't be there at #6 and the cost will be too high to move up.

Herbert: He's my #2 even if Tua doesn't have health issues. Admittedly, I have watched him the least. But I like his size, think he moves very well and has demonstrated good arm talent. I feel his size will help him remain durable. He's a good young talent to build on.

Tua: I feel he's over-hyped because of where he played. All I see is the next RGIII. Great athlete that can't slide, takes too many hits and is made of glass. He throws well on the run and actually has a nice deep ball, but I don't see the short throws in to tight windows as one of his strengths. With the Bolts recent issues with player injuries I just can't see why this guy would be on anyone's radar.

Hurts: Just say no. Just walk away. This league will swallow this guy up. If you use him like the Saints use Taysom Hill fine, but thats not a 1st round kind of guy. I don't think the kid has a very good football IQ and his run at OU was a lot of smoke and mirrors, IMO. I would actually consider Jake Fromm over this guy.

The combine will be very interesting and very telling. Of course Tua won't be ready to participate...another red flag for him.
                          :2cents:
                          Agree about Burrow.... he's a cant miss....... and would be worth whatever it would take to trade for him..... I doubt the Chargers would pay the price(cause chargers brass are too stupid) but NE, OAK, CAR, MIA, TB, possibly DET,....will pay that price...... the NFL and east coast media would LOVE to see Burrow go to the patriots....... and keep that dynasty going..... It will coast less than what we paid for Leaf.......

Herbert scares me because he is the prototypical super sized, super athlete who has a cannon for an arm but no tough and questionable decision making.... he also played against low level of competition...... Burrow and Tus played against top competition and top defenses...... Hebert is the kind of QB who will light up the combine and suck in NFL...... hopefully he impresses so much that stupid teams like CIN see him as next Carson Palmer who had a cannon for an arm, so Burrow drops and becomes easier to trade for..... remember how many oregon QB's running that gimmick offense racked up lots of stats, and have been successful in NFL.......the answer is NONE......

Hurts is not a QB......period...... so I agree with you there....

Tua is nowhere close to being RG3....... RG3 had no accuracy or touch and played against horrible defenses...... Tua has touch and accuracy...... Most experts compare Tua to Wilson except Tua is bigger and taller..... Ive seen Tua slide like Wilson but I've also seen him truck defenders as he breaks the goal line running like a RB.... the more film of Tua I watch, the better he looks.... he is a left handed steve young/russell wilson type of QB... Tua is not a throwing machine like brady, manning, brees Rivers, but instead is more of a playmaking magician .......he played against top defenses like Burrow but I also realize its sometimes hard to judge QB's when they have an OL that will have 3 drafted high, when they have 3 of the top WR 's in all of college football..... they have a star TE who is a son of an NFL great.... and a great defense that shuts out teams...... all USC QB's have been way over rated because of the team.......

But if you watch Tua, there is something different about him, he has some Wilson magic in him, some mahomes maf=gic in him, some steve young in him, and because he is left handed, we dont have to have a great LT, just a great RT(which is cheaper and easier to find)......

Tua is also a good smart humble kid like Burrow..... neither are cocky a-holes like mayfield, johnny football, etc.....
                          Tua is also a 100% effort gamer type of player who never gives up on a play, so fans will love him and he will be entertaining to watch....... same with Burrow......

The scariest part of Tua are the injury issues..... if he plays more as a pocket QB, and learns to slide more often like Wilson does maybe he can play a long time...... also heard the ex chargers doctor say Tua may have an injury that will regress with age, so he may have a limited career.....length wise....

on the positive side, Chargers are used to having players with injury problems, so he would fit right in...... :-)

Problem is that because of the high demand for great QB's, Burrow and Tua will likely go at pick 1 and 2 due to trades......... unless CIN throws a curve and takes the pass rusher from Ohio state.... then the 2 QB's will go at 2 and 3........ if Chargers dont trade up, Hebert will be there at 6..... but if Chargers pass om him, Hebert will likely drop to late first round........so I'm hoping Hebert lights up the combine and someone else like CIN reaches for him .......

Even when Chargers had Bosa ranked as top player in draft, they did not try to trade up to make sure we got him....thank goodness others traded up for the QB's so Bosa dropped to
                          Chargers........Dallas believed all the stupid rumors that had Chargers drafting ramsey, and were ready to draft Bosa..... the look on Jerry jones face was a priceless as Bosa was announced going to Chargers...... lol

That is why even though Chargers should trade up to get their QB, I know in my heart we will sit still and watch opther teams trade up and take them...... same as chargers have done every time we need to hire a coach..... we wait till all the great ones were gone, like when we never attempted to get Reid, and then we settle for cheap scraps........

Comment

Working...
                          X