• Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Hard pass on Herbert for me, 14 for 20 today, 138 yards, 0 tds 1 int

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

[QUOTE=ChargingBolts;n898091]Hard pass on Herbert for me, 14 for 20 today, 138 yards, 0 tds 1 int[/QUOTE

Yes if I were to look at the stats in paper I would say that sucked but did you actually watch the game? Because if you did then you would know that it was because of Herberts legs that they won that game. Wisconsin has a very tough defense and pretty much shut down the ducks running game. I gaurantee you NFL scouts are not just looking at his passing stats but his intangibles as well. When it mattered most he won the game for ducks. It's not always about how many passing yards a QB has. Oh yeah he did have three rushing touchdowns also.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=chris9341;n898104]
        Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
        Hard pass on Herbert for me, 14 for 20 today, 138 yards, 0 tds 1 int[/QUOTE

Yes if I were to look at the stats in paper I would say that sucked but did you actually watch the game? Because if you did then you would know that it was because of Herberts legs that they won that game. Wisconsin has a very tough defense and pretty much shut down the ducks running game. I gaurantee you NFL scouts are not just looking at his passing stats but his intangibles as well. When it mattered most he won the game for ducks. It's not always about how many passing yards a QB has. Oh yeah he did have three rushing touchdowns also.
        Good stuff...but to be fair, he didn't show us much that we needed to see, either... Hard to spend a 6 on him in my book...still some unknown there...but I won't throw the TV out the patio door if we pick him.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Won't mean anything without a better HC... The Steelers had to go to a backup QB and still finished with a better record than a team with an All Star QB. My god, 5-11. I would have expected 5-11 with Tyrod! That still blows my mind.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

That rarely translates to NFL due to the college D's are not nearly as fast as NFL D's, the top 1% from NCAA make it to the NFL, so unless you're Vick or Lamar more than likely it's not going to work in the NFL.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Never questioned his being able to run. It's been his passing. He isn't going to run 15 times a game for us and he is NO Lamar Jackson
              His 138 passing yards tonight is a result of the 0-5 yard passes I've said he throws all the time which helps his completion %.

Wasn't that great after 10 yards. He got one in here and there but his long ball throws are atrocious.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Not only did he score 3 tds, he faked two guys out of their jocks and showed a lot of speed. If Lynn is really looking for a P.O.R. qb, as has already been said, he got a big stiffy watching Herbert today. He's a top 15 guy, although a bit flat footed in the pocket.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n898140]
                  Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Not only did he score 3 tds, he faked two guys out of their jocks and showed a lot of speed. If Lynn is really looking for a P.O.R. qb, as has already been said, he got a big stiffy watching Herbert today. He's a top 15 guy, although a bit flat footed in the pocket.
                  I am not an Herbert guy either. He has wildly inconsistent games, just like Michell Trubisky. Consistent production at the collegiate level, Herbert doesn't have it. If I wanted a running QB, I would look hard at Jalen Hurts at OU.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Yep...Herbert did what he had to do to win...you have to adapt, improvise and overcome...and even though he didn't put up glitzy stats, he helped his team win a game...a big game on a national stage...

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      Won't mean anything without a better HC... The Steelers had to go to a backup QB and still finished with a better record than a team with an All Star QB. My god, 5-11. I would have expected 5-11 with Tyrod! That still blows my mind.
                      You need to make peace with the fact that Lynn is the head coach and it's staying that way. If The Spanos Family were to fire Coach Lynn, he'd have to pay out Lynn's and his assistant's salaries, so that is not in the cards, even if their substandard performance of the club merits it. I preach consistency and I think the staff needs to remain, personally.

Coach Lynn's staff won a playoff game last season, that still gives him a mandate and I believe the Spaons Family feels the same way.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;n898121]
                        Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Never questioned his being able to run. It's been his passing. He isn't going to run 15 times a game for us and he is NO Lamar Jackson
                        His 138 passing yards tonight is a result of the 0-5 yard passes I've said he throws all the time which helps his completion %.

Wasn't that great after 10 yards. He got one in here and there but his long ball throws are atrocious.
                        Burrow is the only current 1st Rounder I'd consider. Round Two opens up the possibility of Jacob Eason or Jalen Hurts, whichever way the staff and the QB coach philosophically want to go, as arguments can be made for either.

Can you imagine Jalen Hurts on a QB rollout in the redzone, i.e. Joe Montana and Dwight Clark?

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

No to QB. Okudah or Thomas/Wrifs. If available trade down to ~ 8 or 9 and pick up a 2nd and take Espensa/Simmons/Jeudy

Comment

Working...
                          X