if he's there, due to upside,
    and out of dismissing
    the abhorrent 2019
    TD/INT ratio.

Fromm would be there too @ 37,
    but that is redundant with Stick here.

The machine has spoken...

Relax people.
    It hasn't even started to get interesting yet.
    T minus 4 months and counting.
    True dat. Here are the choices @37 if we take Brown in round 1, though Dobbins would be tempting:

image.png

Attached Files

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Don't know anything about Love, so appreciate the info. I just watched one of his highlight videos. Saw a lot of throwing off balance, throwing without his feet set, poor discipline in his pocket mechanics. And these were on the highlight throws. So maybe that is why he threw so many picks? Seems big, fast, strong, great arm, great deep ball. But looks like some fundamentals work to do to me.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

No way we take a QB at 1. And I'm not even taking one at 2!.
        Now, if there are any QB's still on the board after our 2nd pick that we have interest in, maybe try to move up back in the 2nd.
        We need more impact players at too many positions ( Defensive backfield, OL, DL, LB). We've all seen what happens when we have a good QB and missing too many other pieces.
        Fill in the gaps before spending big on a QB.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          No way we take a QB at 1. And I'm not even taking one at 2!.
          Now, if there are any QB's still on the board after our 2nd pick that we have interest in, maybe try to move up back in the 2nd.
          We need more impact players at too many positions ( Defensive backfield, OL, DL, LB). We've all seen what happens when we have a good QB and missing too many other pieces.
          Fill in the gaps before spending big on a QB.
          That's about what I'm thinking, Windsor.
          It's a 53 man roster.
          We are building this thing
          somewhere between
          adagio and largo...
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

That's about what I'm thinking, Windsor.
            It's a 53 man roster.
            We are building this thing
            somewhere between
            adagio and largo...
            The only problem is, lately TT has been going lento, instead of fortissimo...

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Would you guys put Eason in that same category?Rocket arm but too lazy or just not a high football I.Q.?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wood, I had Muti in one of my mocks earlier, and someone didn't like the pick because of his past injuries...if it's round 3, I might take a flyer on him if prognosis is good...
                Netane has only played 5 total college games combined (2 of which he got injured in) in his Sophomore & Junior seasons.
                2018 Achilles injury and 2019 lisfranc break in his foot.
                Not enough tape to thoroughly evaluate. Massive injury concern, lack of reps in weak conference, questionable length, and with his technique issues he is a day 3 prospect. He should have stayed in school.
                Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-09-2020, 01:19 PM. Reason: added info
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Would you guys put Eason in that same category?Rocket arm but too lazy or just not a high football I.Q.?
                  No id put him in the backup category.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

The takes are gettin' hot...molto caldo.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Netane has only played 5 total college games combined in his Sophomore & Junior seasons.
                      2018 Achilles injury and 2019 lisfranc break in his foot.
                      Not enough tape to thoroughly evaluate. Massive injury concern, lack of reps in weak conference, questionable length, and with his technique issues he is a day 3 prospect. He should have stayed in school.
                      Oops, yes, serious injury issues there...maybe take a flyer on him in round 6-7 but we need a solid player in round 3 without the injury history...

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Any takers on Teddy B. from the saints?

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

I like Teddy. I have been a fan of his since Louisville. However, he is still a developmental prospect at this point, and he is getting a bit old for a guy to do that. Yes, little wear and tear, but at some point overall age is a factor. Older people don't learn and develop as well or fast as younger players, plus they have a harder time fixing bad habits.

The other thing worth pondering at this stage is the franchise QB thing. At some point, some dumb ass reporter will pose the question "which of these guys is a franchise QB?" and the question we need to be asking ourselves is some, all or NONE.

To me a franchise QB is a guy who can carry a team, not just a starter. Many teams have a starter who is just a placeholder until they can actually acquire a better QB. Most drafts don't have that caliber of player in them.

The other thing with the Tom Brady thing, is that most of the best QB are not the most physically gifted. Tom is the exceptional case, where he looked so unathletic, he was at the bottom of some teams draft boards. But others like Joe Montana, Payton Manning, all had physical deficiencies, although in Payton's case, they were pretty minor. Too many of the Leaf's, Jeff George's have makeup problems that teams like the Chargers can't afford to deal with.

The most important qualities that a QB have are not necessarily things that may not be obvious. I would argue that Montana and Brady are hands down 1st and 2nd in the best QB of all time, yet they were considered by most to be lower round picks. Many 49ers scouts were not in favor of drafting Montana at all, and Walsh took him on his own because he was the GM. Even Belichick has been quoted that he would have probably taken Brady a lot higher if he had any idea that he was going to develop the way that he did.

Comment

Working...
                          X