• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    Hearing rumors on talk radio . Chargers taking fromm at 37.

Patriots and Chargers interested.
    It's just pundit chatter. Means nothing and never has in the past. They been having us picking a QB the last 4 years.

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      So if that's true then probably takin OT in the first.Could be wrong though but wouldn't be too upset if we were able to get Thomas and then From or Eason 2nd.
      I would be Okay with that. Herbert for some reason has bust written all over him. Seems like all his highlights he has a perfect pocket, we all know damn well that's not happening here.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I would be Okay with that. Herbert for some reason has bust written all over him. Seems like all his highlights he has a perfect pocket, we all know damn well that's not happening here.
        my dream scenario is some team wanting QB and the Chargers can trade back and still get a OT like Wirfs or Wills and get more draft picks

but that could be too cute -- just might better to take OT at 6

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's just pundit chatter. Means nothing and never has in the past. They been having us picking a QB the last 4 years.
          If a team is interested in Fromm,
          it's likely they trade into late round 1.

The fifth year option for round 1cpicks comes into play.

It's chatter...no one has any idea who will be on the board at 37,
          or if the Chargers will be the team making the pick.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Lol damn near everything posted here is just chatter.Be honest this year more than most I really have no idea which way the spaznos plan on goin draft wise.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

I think I'm done as Chargers fan if we draft Jake Fromm.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Lol damn near everything posted here is just chatter.Be honest this year more than most I really have no idea which way the spaznos plan on goin draft wise.
                i don't see Fromm as a 1rst rounder. Probably his agent drumming up interest: they'd be happy getting chosen at #37.

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Tua is healthy and prognosis is good, he likely goes to the Fins at #5. So, Thomas and possibly Simmons get pushed down to us. Wirfs and Wills should also be there. A nice problem to have...Herbert is being mocked to us by a lot of draftniks.
                  Good because I have wanted Herbert all along. I think a lot of people are mis judging just how good Herbert can be in the NFL. He was projected to be a top 5 pick even last year to but decided to stay for his senior year. I do think Burrow will be a good QB but one advantage that Herbert will have is some very good targets to throw to. Burrow has AJ Green and even that is not guaranteed. The Chargers almost had three people over 1000 yards receiving in Allen M Williams and Ekeler who was like 8 yards short of having a 1000 yards receiving. Hell even Hunter Henry has the potential to go over a 1000 yards receiving. My main concern with this team drafting a QB right now obviously is the O-line and no running game. Gordon being back are probably slim and none and personally after the shit he pulled by holding out I lost all respect for him but the sad thing is he was our best running back. I wish Lynn would have given Justin Jackson a chance to prove he could be a featured back.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Good because I have wanted Herbert all along. I think a lot of people are mis judging just how good Herbert can be in the NFL. He was projected to be a top 5 pick even last year to but decided to stay for his senior year. I do think Burrow will be a good QB but one advantage that Herbert will have is some very good targets to throw to. Burrow has AJ Green and even that is not guaranteed. The Chargers almost had three people over 1000 yards receiving in Allen M Williams and Ekeler who was like 8 yards short of having a 1000 yards receiving. Hell even Hunter Henry has the potential to go over a 1000 yards receiving. My main concern with this team drafting a QB right now obviously is the O-line and no running game. Gordon being back are probably slim and none and personally after the shit he pulled by holding out I lost all respect for him but the sad thing is he was our best running back. I wish Lynn would have given Justin Jackson a chance to prove he could be a featured back.
                    You and I might be the only ones on the Herbert bandwagon. I believe he has all of the physical qualities you want, but looks like he needs a year of sitting on the bench to be successful. The only QB I'd have over him is Tua(seeing as Burrow is going #1). The main concern I have is that we have bad coaching staff insofar as development goes. Most of our players take too long to develop or worse regress. If you can remember the 2017 draft process, where most scouts had Mahomes as bit of a project before he started moving up during the Combine. I know Herbert isn't Mahomes but no reason why this couldn't be similar situation.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

You and I might be the only ones on the Herbert bandwagon. I believe he has all of the physical qualities you want, but looks like he needs a year of sitting on the bench to be successful. The only QB I'd have over him is Tua(seeing as Burrow is going #1). The main concern I have is that we have bad coaching staff insofar as development goes. Most of our players take too long to develop or worse regress. If you can remember the 2017 draft process, where most scouts had Mahomes as bit of a project before he started moving up during the Combine. I know Herbert isn't Mahomes but no reason why this couldn't be similar situation.
                      I am intrigued by Herbert. All the physical tools and super smart (4.01gpa in biology). He played in 3 different offenses in 3 years so that did not help him. Very high ceiling, but could struggle to get there. I would not be unhappy if we picked him.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Teams may try to trade ahead of Dolphins for QB like Herbert. or Tua. DET, NYG may trade out.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chris9341
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I agree Herbert will be better from sitting on the bench for a year or hell even two years. Thats why I want Rivers to sign a two year contract or hell even a one year deal with the team and have Herbert sit and learn form Rivers. Hell Rivers himself sat on the Bench for two years behind Brees before he became starter. Even Aaron Rodgers sat behind Favre for 3 years and he's one of the best QB's in the NFL right now and at a time was thee best QB in the NFL. I just don't want whoever is drafted at QB that if they sit that they don't sit and learn from Tyrod Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                          X