• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am intrigued by Herbert. All the physical tools and super smart (4.01gpa in biology). He played in 3 different offenses in 3 years so that did not help him. Very high ceiling, but could struggle to get there. I would not be unhappy if we picked him.
    I agree, and disagree..... Herbert is like many QB's who will light up the combine as athletes, but herbert is missing the great decision making and great consistent accuracy that great QB's have.......

Burrow nd Tua re light years above losers like hebert and Love...... if you ever listen to great QB coaches, you will learn that accuracy is not learned.....you either have it or dont have it...... period...

Accuracy cannot be taught..... period.....
    that is why so many athletic QB's fail miserably in NFL.... they were not accurate in college or hS burt some team thought falsely that they could change that...????.... wrong!......watch Hebert on any throw that is not open on his first read??...rwmber he has never played against a good defense like Burrow or Tua have....... HUGE night and days difference.... but unfortunately chargers brass is stupid.... though they were smart enough to grab Bosa who helps the entire defense instead of that me-me CB ramsey.......

Hebert is book smart but not football smart....... cross him off the list..... no Oregon QB has panned out in the NFL........ there is a good reason......

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Teams may try to trade ahead of Dolphins for QB like Herbert. or Tua. DET, NYG may trade out.
      true.......

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

You and I might be the only ones on the Herbert bandwagon. I believe he has all of the physical qualities you want, but looks like he needs a year of sitting on the bench to be successful. The only QB I'd have over him is Tua(seeing as Burrow is going #1). The main concern I have is that we have bad coaching staff insofar as development goes. Most of our players take too long to develop or worse regress. If you can remember the 2017 draft process, where most scouts had Mahomes as bit of a project before he started moving up during the Combine. I know Herbert isn't Mahomes but no reason why this couldn't be similar situation.
        he needs more than sitting on the bench.... you cannot learn accuracy siting on bench.... he is missing something major...... which is why other than physical size, speed, etc, he is off the charts...... there is a eason he is not thew number one pick in draft....... he will last until late first out 2nd unless a stupid team like chargers wastes a high pick on him.....

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

mahomes is an aborition because he got drafted by Reid and his system.... he would not have been successful with coached\s like Lynn and others........

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Reid beat chargers and others handily with Smith or even his backup QB playing with backups... using Reid system, kicked our a$$$es....... agains our starters ib a meaning=ful game.......its the system...... M Mahomes is talented but the3y still won without him......

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I would be Okay with that. Herbert for some reason has bust written all over him. Seems like all his highlights he has a perfect pocket, we all know damn well that's not happening here.
              Hebert and from are instant busts.... period...... so are love, eason, etc.....

none of those are consistently accurate against bad competition.....

vs Burrow and Tua who are consistently accurate against great defenses....... slam dunk

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                mahomes is an aborition because he got drafted by Reid and his system.... he would not have been successful with coached\s like Lynn and others........
                nonsense!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

vs Burrow and Tua who are consistently accurate against great defenses....... slam dunk
                  again nonsense!

We will see about Burrow. Wouldn't surprise me if he's joe average in the NFL. You like to talk about the history of college programs negating prospects. Remember the last L.S.U. qb drafted #1?

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Burrow will go #1 so he out of the question. Tua? Are you serious. I wouldn't take a gamble with that injury. Again I say wait till next year and make a serious run at Trevor Lawrence 6'6 and very good speed. Barring injury I think he'll go #1 next year. If there were a shot at Burrow I would be all for it. But there won't be. Cincy needs a QB badly.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

So if we have no shot at Burrow this year how do we have any shot at Lawrence next year?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        So if we have no shot at Burrow this year how do we have any shot at Lawrence next year?
                        tank for trevor
                        or

realistically trade down this year in first 2 rounds while drafting in trenches. next year trade it all to move up to #1 overall.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Gonna tank our first year in our brand new state of the art hi falootin fancy shmancy stadium?Hmmm I honestly dont see us suckin next year,at least intentionally.

Comment

Working...
                          X