• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That could be Stick. I know many want to write him off after his first preseason but those are not serious football takes just emotional whiny reactions. To me he has all the appearances of a game manager. We shall see though.
    I don’t know that they are whiny reactions or the eye test that he was a long way from being ready to be an NFL QB. Sitting for a year behind someone who prepares like Rivers does will be a wonderful thing for his development. If we see the same thing next camp than I’d look to write him off. But if he shows improvement, like I expect him to, than he can be added to the plans for consideration for the long term QB solution after Rivers is gone.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don’t know that they are whiny reactions or the eye test that he was a long way from being ready to be an NFL QB. Sitting for a year behind someone who prepares like Rivers does will be a wonderful thing for his development. If we see the same thing next camp than I’d look to write him off. But if he shows improvement, like I expect him to, than he can be added to the plans for consideration for the long term QB solution after Rivers is gone.
      I am not making a judgment on him one way or another just saying his play style looks like a game manager and it is whiney and overly emotional to write a rookie QB off after one preseason like some have done. Especially one from a division II school. I agree with you give the kid a chance. A lot of players take a year or two to develop.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

I am not making a judgment on him one way or another just saying his play style looks like a game manager and it is whiney and overly emotional to write a rookie QB off after one preseason like some have done. Especially one from a division II school. I agree with you give the kid a chance. A lot of players take a year or two to develop.
        If you have a great D and running game - with a solid Oline, I wouldn't have any problem with a game manager.

Stick could get 1rst downs running the football, keeping great D fresh.

I think Stick has certain intangibles that wouldn't make me rule him out.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Lol did Rivers scar us with his immobility and untimely picks that we’re settling for a game manager who can scramble and doesn’t turn it over?

What I want in a QB most is IQ. Knows when to throw it away, knows when to run, aware of time, etc..

Also gotta make open throws. I personally don’t mind if he can’t throw 70 yards downfield. I’d take high percentage short passes any day. Keep the drive going, eat up the clock, less pressure on D..

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Manning had 9 TDs and 17 INTs in 2015, the same year the Broncos won the SB. Rivers has 17 TDs vs 15 INTs this season...........does Elway make a move? Oh but then again The Broncos defense is now depleted.

TT why did you not deliver us a SB caliber defense!!!! :bertstare:

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

That could be Stick. I know many want to write him off after his first preseason but those are not serious football takes just emotional whiny reactions. To me he has all the appearances of a game manager. We shall see though.
              Based on what? I've seen nothing to warrant that remark but as rich said, if he looks to have made improvement then that's great going forward but I see No reason to play him this season as many have suggested.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                Lol did Rivers scar us with his immobility and untimely picks that we’re settling for a game manager who can scramble and doesn’t turn it over?

What I want in a QB most is IQ. Knows when to throw it away, knows when to run, aware of time, etc..

Also gotta make open throws. I personally don’t mind if he can’t throw 70 yards downfield. I’d take high percentage short passes any day. Keep the drive going, eat up the clock, less pressure on D..
                You are describing a game manager, no?

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

What if we could get Burrows where we drafted?

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Sept.2 2018
                    Article About Joe transfer to LSU.
                    Before he played a game at LSU.

Supposedly was beating out Haskins but got injured(broken hand).

"Physically, I don’t see limitations. He’s athletic as hell and can extend plays regularly. He’s got a damn strong arm and even shows some serious touch on a lot of his throws. He can complete deep outs. He’s strong and tough. He won Ohio Mr. Football. He was first-team all-state in high school. He turned in the best spring game performance of any of the Ohio State QBs"
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Based on what? I've seen nothing to warrant that remark but as rich said, if he looks to have made improvement then that's great going forward but I see No reason to play him this season as many have suggested.
                      Thanks for the emotional football take.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

dude is a solid QB, albeit not comfortable in dishing out three No. 1s for him.... Bobby Beathard and many/most others were very, very sold on a QB prospect named Ryan Leaf.

Burrows came outta virtually nowhere this season.... there will be other QB prospects in succeeding years.... for myself am clear on wanting to stick w/Phil for another year, and....

agree.... not an easy decision, and one w/odds of about 50/50 is my supposition.

ps. one of our most ardent scribes here was highly championing Solomon Thomas in said draft year.... (just sayin')
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          dude is a solid QB, albeit not comfortable in dishing out three No. 1s for him.... Bobby Beathard and many/most others were very, very sold on a QB prospect named Ryan Leaf.

Burrows came outta virtually nowhere this season.... there will be other QB prospects in succeeding years.... for myself am clear on wanting to stick w/Phil for another year, and....

agree.... not an easy decision, and one w/odds of about 50/50 is my supposition.

ps. one of our most ardent scribes here was highly championing Solomon Thomas in said draft year.... (just sayin')
                          Actually.....Beathard was advised by a psychiatrist or something of the sort who interviewed him prior to the draft. . .NOT to draft Leaf because of his mental makeup. Don't recall the exact details.

Comment

Working...
                          X