• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I was very happy with our first two picks when they were made, especially Tillery. Today, not so much although like Lamb I’ll wait a bit before tossing out Bust.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

TT not so hot in rounds 1-3 especially after round 1 he does seem to get picks in later rounds and UDFA

2019 -If Adderly doesn't come around in 2020 this is a bad draft
      1 Tillery - Early reports swing and a miss
      4 Tranquill- Early reports best pick of the draft and core contributor

1 Derwin James- Home Run
      2 Uchenna Nwosu - Okay hasn't been a difference maker
      7 Justin Jackson -If can stay heathy he's been very productive

1. Mike Williams- Need to be more consistent he is the #7 pick in the draft
      2. Lamp- If he can't stay healthy then he is a bust
      5. Desmond King- Good Player

1 Bosa- Home Run
      2 Hunter Henry- Just needs to stay Healthy
      3. Max Turek -Swing and a miss

1.Melvin Gordon-Good player not an over 10 mill a year player
      2. Perryman -Average at best unable to stay healthy
      3. Craig Mager- Swing and Miss

2014 -Total waste of picks through out
      1. Jason Verrett-injuries out weigh talent
      2 Jeremiah Attouchu -total waste
      3. Chris Watt- total waste

1. DJ Fluker- no explaination required
      2. Mante Teo- explanation required why?

3. Keenan Allen - Home run

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Keenan Allen was a Home Run.

The other Home Run's, any GM could make.

Bosa was the #3 pick overall. There we were picking 3rd and really needed a pass rush. The first 2 picks were QBs which we were not on the market for at the time.

James was the #17 pick overall. Where we picked we desperately needed a play making safety.

Telesco gets far too much credit for both of those picks and in a sense, they fell to him.

Chris Watt and Turek are real head scratchers.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post
          Tillery being a bust. Shocker. Its not like people here werent banging the table to not pick him.
          Its absolutely ridiculous and short sighted to call him a bust so early. DT is a position that takes a year sometimes two to develop, its a high learning curve.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

Its absolutely ridiculous and short sighted to call him a bust so early. DT is a position that takes a year sometimes two to develop, its a high learning curve.
            This. No rookie DTs (even ones drafted before JT) have eye popping numbers this year. Not to mention we’re sparingly playing him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Tommyjohn should have drafted o line which most fans knew and understood we needed.PON or not if ya need o line ya grab o line.K.I.S.S.Im just done with this f.o. They all seem waaay out of their depth.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                TT not so hot in rounds 1-3 especially after round 1 he does seem to get picks in later rounds and UDFA

2019 -If Adderly doesn't come around in 2020 this is a bad draft
                1 Tillery - Early reports swing and a miss
                4 Tranquill- Early reports best pick of the draft and core contributor

1 Derwin James- Home Run
                2 Uchenna Nwosu - Okay hasn't been a difference maker
                7 Justin Jackson -If can stay heathy he's been very productive

1. Mike Williams- Need to be more consistent he is the #7 pick in the draft
                2. Lamp- If he can't stay healthy then he is a bust
                5. Desmond King- Good Player

1 Bosa- Home Run
                2 Hunter Henry- Just needs to stay Healthy
                3. Max Turek -Swing and a miss

1.Melvin Gordon-Good player not an over 10 mill a year player
                2. Perryman -Average at best unable to stay healthy
                3. Craig Mager- Swing and Miss

2014 -Total waste of picks through out
                1. Jason Verrett-injuries out weigh talent
                2 Jeremiah Attouchu -total waste
                3. Chris Watt- total waste

1. DJ Fluker- no explaination required
                2. Mante Teo- explanation required why?

3. Keenan Allen - Home run
                Pitiful job of talent evaluation on so many of those picks...U didn't mention Feeney, who is hovering between a C- and a D+...I'll bet Matt Millen could have picked better...

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Way too early to call Tillery or Adderley a bust

I don’t see how drafting players close to their projected slots can be criticized when they don’t pan out in their rookie year, especially considering the many other factors that go into player development.

lets take Lamp for example, I found myself calling him a busy after his recent injury. That may or may not be true, but at the time he was drafted, he was a legitimate 1st / 2nd round prospect that Telesco got well into the second. So I fail to see how this is a failure on Telesco’s part. sometimes player have injury concerns so ya, you can criticize the risk in taking that player but the GM doesn’t have control of how that player is managed or how hard they end up working. Again, we try to select guys that show work ethic and many other traits, but drafting essentially is a crap shoot.
                  so unless a GM is making outlandish picks every other round and having those turn out badly as expected, its hard to judge a GM by how players’ careers unfold.

I judge a GM by judging the prospects based on where they’re projected to go at the time, the overall fit with what our coaches are trying to do and roster needs. Every prospect comes with inherent risk, to be critical when that risk burns isn’t fair unless the GM is being completely careless with over drafting guys.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Not to belabor the point, but the Chargers had Drew Lock in for a visit in April but chose to draft Tillery instead. Just like they chose to draft One Touchdown Williams instead of Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in 2017.
                    You keep saying that but your crazy if you think they needed to draft a QB 3years ago. And Lock.... Just don't care about him. Without the phantom PI call, he loses that game

Comment

• charger1993
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

Thats what people in the thread are saying not me.im just saying im not surprised. I wasnt high on tillery to begin with. He always looked average to me in college

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Way too early to call Tillery or Adderley a bust

I don’t see how drafting players close to their projected slots can be criticized when they don’t pan out in their rookie year, especially considering the many other factors that go into player development.

lets take Lamp for example, I found myself calling him a busy after his recent injury. That may or may not be true, but at the time he was drafted, he was a legitimate 1st / 2nd round prospect that Telesco got well into the second. So I fail to see how this is a failure on Telesco’s part. sometimes player have injury concerns so ya, you can criticize the risk in taking that player but the GM doesn’t have control of how that player is managed or how hard they end up working. Again, we try to select guys that show work ethic and many other traits, but drafting essentially is a crap shoot.
                        so unless a GM is making outlandish picks every other round and having those turn out badly as expected, its hard to judge a GM by how players’ careers unfold.

I judge a GM by judging the prospects based on where they’re projected to go at the time, the overall fit with what our coaches are trying to do and roster needs. Every prospect comes with inherent risk, to be critical when that risk burns isn’t fair unless the GM is being completely careless with over drafting guys.
                        Difference is lamp was a great pick for the slot we took him, lamp was a projected first who fell in the draft. So we essentially got tremendous value for our pick. While lamp hasnt really produced cause of injuries, he still looks really good when he plays considering all the time he missed. With tillery we took him pretty much where he was projected. And he hasnt panned out.we go through this almost every year. Outside of derwin and bosa who have we drafted thats been playmakers? Its been a minute. But its the draft n shit happens. I just think we need better scouts. Were a whooping 5-8. Its mind blowing.

Comment

• charger1993
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          I was very happy with our first two picks when they were made, especially Tillery. Today, not so much although like Lamb I’ll wait a bit before tossing out Bust.
                          I wasnt tbh, tillery made me nervous because he just looked average in college to me, i didnt see him as a game changer like people here thought at the time of the draft. Adderly made me nervous because small school, banged up, kinda felt like verret all over again "even tho verret went to tcu" 3rd round pipkins lol. Drue tranquil has made me eat crow, i always like his skill just didnt know if those knees would hold up.

Comment

Working...
                          X