Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Oh great, I wanna be a GM, easy money, just say all that when my choices fail.
    Me too.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

AJ was still working off JB’s scouts, notes, and projections. That was his method of success.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Say what you want but I never said I was the judge of talent. I never defended Tilery. I was just pointing out that no sane person claims a pick is a bust or a "swing and a miss" after their rookie season. I understand that in the history of the NFL there has never before been a player that took a year or even two to develop and then play well (who knows maybe Tilery could be the first?) That is why most people who understand football and the draft say you cannot judge a draft until at least three years down the road.
        So the thread is 2019 Draft Whiffs - WTH Telesco???

I agreee to accurately evaluate the draft 3 years but I was giving my opinion based on the subject which is why me and any body else has posted their opinions on the 2019 draft whiffs .I quess no sane person should have an opinion per you lets just make this about your sane accessments. You are back tracking if you not judging his talent now what are you judging him on 3 years from now. 1st rounders get drafted on their talent level, as the rounds go deeper in the draft there is a drop off in talent and then your looking at production and work ethic in those picks.

I am sticking to my gun, Tillery is looking like I a swing in a miss as I said before, and I could be wrong and I hope he proves me wrong. There have been 1st rounders that took a year or even two to develop just look at Melvin Gordon zero TD in his rookie year and fumbling issue.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

So the thread is 2019 Draft Whiffs - WTH Telesco???

I agreee to accurately evaluate the draft 3 years but I was giving my opinion based on the subject which is why me and any body else has posted their opinions on the 2019 draft whiffs .I quess no sane person should have an opinion per you lets just make this about your sane accessments. You are back tracking if you not judging his talent now what are you judging him on 3 years from now. 1st rounders get drafted on their talent level, as the rounds go deeper in the draft there is a drop off in talent and then your looking at production and work ethic in those picks.

I am sticking to my gun, Tillery is looking like I a swing in a miss as I said before, and I could be wrong and I hope he proves me wrong. There have been 1st rounders that took a year or even two to develop just look at Melvin Gordon zero TD in his rookie year and fumbling issue.
          If we could have a do-over right now and choose between Drew Lock, whom the Chargers had in for a visit and was available at #28, and Tillery, nobody would still pick Tillery. That is a fact.

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Reality check.... Bobby Beathard. Telesco is light years better than our previous GM's. I think some of you are way to emotional. Calling rookies busts when they are forced into starting rolls. Whining over drafts when hindsight is 20/20. Drafts are always a crap shoot. You can't forecast injuries or ramp up speed. Some develop slower than others. Thank god some of you aren't our gm. You would put us in cap hell and draft on emotions. From what I have read previously other GM's consider Telesco a top tier GM. My ONLY gripe (whine) is the O-line. Okung was a great and much needed FA pick up. We could use 2 more this off season. Im not big on drafting O-linemen I think it is a position that needs time and experience which means free agents. I get it that there is a lot of frustration especially this year when some had us going to the superbowl. I think we would have been there if the Chargers injury curse didn't bite us in the ass again and again and again....

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If we could have a do-over right now and choose between Drew Lock, whom the Chargers had in for a visit and was available at #28, and Tillery, nobody would still pick Tillery. That is a fact.
              I wouldn't have picked Lock. Not to say id have picked Tillery. He wasn't on my radar either.
              id have picked OT Risner.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

This. No rookie DTs (even ones drafted before JT) have eye popping numbers this year. Not to mention we’re sparingly playing him.
                Dexter Lawrence is killing it...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
                  Can we just take a moment to remember the time Smith drafted Larry English.
                  Ouch...how about good old BUST-er Davis?

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Dexter Lawrence is killing it...
                    i wanted Dexter soooo bad when everyone was saying Wilkins was the stud.

Chargers need a NT. Not a DT and damn 350+LB NT.

Any guys like that coming in 2020?

Also:

Where is the TT love for drafting Scott Q? Dude came in and played well after Pouncey injury, so well infact that position is not of need next draft. That whole situation could have been gravely worse.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

TT has whiffed so bad at drafting O line that he was bound to make at least one decent pick.It dont get him a pass.His lack of drafting and acquiring good lines is holding this team back from winning.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

For those not defending Tillery, question... what has Tillery done to deserve more playing time over others? If he was in his 7th year another team would cut him. Need to see a lot more out of him next preseason, at least he's on a rookie contract. How much is he getting year 2 vs. a vet minimum salary I wonder?

Edit: looked it up, $2.5M vs. $700k-$900k, all dead money too for signing him expecting him not to be a bust. Hopefully he becomes something good

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          TT has whiffed so bad at drafting O line that he was bound to make at least one decent pick.It dont get him a pass.His lack of drafting and acquiring good lines is holding this team back from winning.
                          I'm not writing off Pipkins yet. From what I have seen, he looks like he could actually hit his very high ceiling and sooner rather than later.

Comment

Working...
                          X