• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I wasnt tbh, tillery made me nervous because he just looked average in college to me, i didnt see him as a game changer like people here thought at the time of the draft. Adderly made me nervous because small school, banged up, kinda felt like verret all over again "even tho verret went to tcu" 3rd round pipkins lol. Drue tranquil has made me eat crow, i always like his skill just didnt know if those knees would hold up.
    I watched Tillery a lot (as a big Notre Dame fan) and he had games where is was dominant and looked like the best player on the field and other games where he was absolutely invisible. Sadly, that is the Tillery we are seeing this year. I didn't expect him to start off the season very strong as he was recovering from his surgery but despite Lynn pumping the guy up, I just see nothing out of him and now they are not even playing him. Hopefully being inactive for a game gives him a cold dose of reality.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I like the Adderley pick, I just don't understand the quick to IR moves this team likes to do, maybe that's just the NFL but I have high hopes for Adderley (and hopefully Dylan Cantrell next year)
      Agree.... Adderley, if he can get and stay healthy, will be special.....has greatedst range and ball skills of any safety Chargers have ever had......

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree.... Adderley, if he can get and stay healthy, will be special.....has greatedst range and ball skills of any safety Chargers have ever had......
        That's a mighty big "if"...

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Tillery is rate PFF 126 out of 126 DT so early reports that would make him a swing and a miss lets see if he can make the jump next year if not he will not be the only 1st round pick to be labeled a bust it happens to all the NFL team the project talent just doesn't come together at the Pro Level so we will see

Lamp I believe has talent and should start in 2020 but if he can't stay Healthy then he is a bust his 3 years in he hasn't even have a compiled 16 games of being available
          Adderly who is super talent should start in 2020 but if he is injury prone and can't stay on the feild then we have another player who can't help us.

Lamp and Adderly both 2nd round picks who can help our team man but if they can't stay healthy they are wasted picks if they can't, and they weren't known to have an injury history in their college career, Adderly injury came before the combine but hopefully he can stay healthy. You can't fault the Chargers on the picks they were both very well rated prospects. Jason Verrett was a red flag when we drafted him his college career he was injury prone and it was a big risk taking him with the first round pick, this is a pick you let fall to the third like Keenan Allen.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
            Tillery is rate PFF 126 out of 126 DT so early reports that would make him a swing and a miss lets see if he can make the jump next year if not he will not be the only 1st round pick to be labeled a bust it happens to all the NFL team the project talent just doesn't come together at the Pro Level so we will see

Lamp I believe has talent and should start in 2020 but if he can't stay Healthy then he is a bust his 3 years in he hasn't even have a compiled 16 games of being available
            Adderly who is super talent should start in 2020 but if he is injury prone and can't stay on the feild then we have another player who can't help us.

Lamp and Adderly both 2nd round picks who can help our team man but if they can't stay healthy they are wasted picks if they can't, and they weren't known to have an injury history in their college career, Adderly injury came before the combine but hopefully he can stay healthy. You can't fault the Chargers on the picks they were both very well rated prospects. Jason Verrett was a red flag when we drafted him his college career he was injury prone and it was a big risk taking him with the first round pick, this is a pick you let fall to the third like Keenan Allen.
            Ouch...Tillery rated dead last...u like to see a bit better production than this out of your 1st round pick, even in his rook year...starting to look like a reach bust...

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Can we just take a moment to remember the time Smith drafted Larry English.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
                Can we just take a moment to remember the time Smith drafted Larry English.
                no

Comment

• charger1993
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I watched Tillery a lot (as a big Notre Dame fan) and he had games where is was dominant and looked like the best player on the field and other games where he was absolutely invisible. Sadly, that is the Tillery we are seeing this year. I didn't expect him to start off the season very strong as he was recovering from his surgery but despite Lynn pumping the guy up, I just see nothing out of him and now they are not even playing him. Hopefully being inactive for a game gives him a cold dose of reality.
                  Agreed, his biggest strength was also his biggest weakness in college, he was so long he could easilyget good leverage and spilt the guards, but that didnt happen when he ran into an elite clemson team. I hope the kis succeeds i dint want to have drafted another bust. Hope he puts the grind in

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Adderley pre draft profile
                    2-3 rd pick
                    graded as chance to become a starter.
                    talked about having erratic play recognition as a safety. Possibly may need to move to corner.
                    not a consistent tackler vs run.

he still projects as chance to become a starter. So he fits the profile.

who's profile is that......?

i saw many pre draft grades and reviews that listed hi, as the best FS in the draft by a long shot..... and watching film, he has elite range, elite ball skills, and is a stud hitter...... we saw some of that elite range and ball hawking skills in the last pre season game where he had one pick but was in position for 2 others..... and he got into position from a long ways away.........

and he was projected as mid first to high 2nd round......

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      Way too early to call Tillery or Adderley a bust

I don’t see how drafting players close to their projected slots can be criticized when they don’t pan out in their rookie year, especially considering the many other factors that go into player development.

lets take Lamp for example, I found myself calling him a busy after his recent injury. That may or may not be true, but at the time he was drafted, he was a legitimate 1st / 2nd round prospect that Telesco got well into the second. So I fail to see how this is a failure on Telesco’s part. sometimes player have injury concerns so ya, you can criticize the risk in taking that player but the GM doesn’t have control of how that player is managed or how hard they end up working. Again, we try to select guys that show work ethic and many other traits, but drafting essentially is a crap shoot.
                      so unless a GM is making outlandish picks every other round and having those turn out badly as expected, its hard to judge a GM by how players’ careers unfold.

I judge a GM by judging the prospects based on where they’re projected to go at the time, the overall fit with what our coaches are trying to do and roster needs. Every prospect comes with inherent risk, to be critical when that risk burns isn’t fair unless the GM is being completely careless with over drafting guys.
                      Honestly I could not care less where wanna be, no talent, wish I were a GM projects where players should go. I only care about if players perform. TT does not have a very good track record of players performing well regardless of where said wanna be's say they should be picked. If you pick a player who turns out to be a pro bowler "a round early" is it really a waste of a pick? Of course not.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Stop, just stop. No sane person judges a player as a bust after their rookie year. Anyone who does needs to be laughed at or ignored. A player who spent half the season getting up to speed physically as well. I am not defending Tillary he could well turn out to be a bust but to make that pronouncement this early on ANY pick is just hyperbole in its worst form.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Nobody had better mention Ryan Leaf.......

DOH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X