• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Can a consensus be reached on this board as to exactly what the compensation for Sean Payton would be?

The New England Patriots sent the 16th overall pick in the 2000 draft and fourth- and seventh-rounders in 2001 to the New York Jets, also a 2001 fifth-rounder, and a 2002 seventh-rounder, for the rights to Bill Belichick.

By contrast, The Jets traded Bill Parcells to New England by offering their first-round draft choice in 1999, second round in 1998 and third- and fourth-round picks, plus $300,000 to the Patriots’ charitable foundation.

Superb article below on what led to the trades.

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/bill-belichick-new-england-patriots-trade-new-york-jets/
    We'd be better off getting a better OC than getting Peyton if it require multiple 1st rounders. This would massively benefit NO vs. our team.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Can a consensus be reached on this board as to exactly what the compensation for Sean Payton would be?

/[/COLOR][/URL]
      Too much

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
        Here's an nfl.com article listing next spring's draft order, based on current standings.

If the season were to end today, the Broncos would be in line for the 2nd overall pick, which would then go to the Seahawks as part of the compensation for Russell Wilson. It just warms my heart every time I see the Broncos lose! lol

2023 NFL Draft order: Seahawks vault Bears for No. 2 pick; Eagles fourth
        Interesting he puts our top need as OT
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It's not that Spiller is bad...it's our run blocking that's not so good. We are better off drafting 3 more oline throughout our draft next year as well. You cannot have enough bullets in your gun!
          Sure you can. Sign Pipkins, Salyer is solid at swing, they need backup OC but have higher needs at Edge, IDT, WR, TE and LB. Jmo
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

I am Always down for more O lineman.Look how many we had sittin on the bench for awhile.ONE healthy starter while Herb was Already hurt?Yes more lineman Always!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Sure you can. Sign Pipkins, Salyer is solid at swing, they need backup OC but have higher needs at Edge, IDT, WR, TE and LB. Jmo
              Day late and a dollar short...We are going to lose some of those starters over the next couple of seasons so we need to overdraft now!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

WR and IDT i agree are needs.

Edge is missing Bosa and Rumph is flashing. Both LB Tranq and K9 have taken huge leaps forward in scheme and will shine in the coming weeks.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

WR and IDT i agree are needs.

Edge is missing Bosa and Rumph is flashing. Both LB Tranq and K9 have taken huge leaps forward in scheme and will shine in the coming weeks.
                  Rumph has been a major disappointment to me in Bosa's absence. Clearly there was going to be a drop off and then get got dinged up, but he has been complete invisible, unless you like highlights of the other team's RB running through were he is supposed to be. In 27 games played in his career he has one sack. He has no sacks and 11 tackles this year in 11 games played. Brutal.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Salyer is starting at guard next year, Feiler gone...im sure of it.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Rumph has been a major disappointment to me in Bosa's absence. Clearly there was going to be a drop off and then get got dinged up, but he has been complete invisible, unless you like highlights of the other team's RB running through were he is supposed to be. In 27 games played in his career he has one sack. He has no sacks and 11 tackles this year in 11 games played. Brutal.
                      Agreed. I dont think Rumph is an answer, now or in the future.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Nick Bosa is tied for the league lead in sacks at 14.5. NICK

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am with you. Rumph looked encouraging in preseason but he has been a total non factor. He (almost) gets some pressures at times. But he is not a good player. Van Noy is a below average player at this point, too, but still better than Rumph. And there is no one else. Just no one.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X