• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Fournette would bring a lot to this team. But do we have a roster spot for him? Can we even carry 4 rbs? I wouldn't cut one of our guys to sign him.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

me either, but idk how serious Jackson’s foot injury is.

If ever we carried 4 it would be now that we’re les by a former RB
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Do not forget this man's truly elite size to speed ratio.

Come to the Coast.

Change of scenery did Pouncey hella good.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Derwin's injury and the transition from the PR offense to the Tyrod offense gives me pause.

Our locker room is strong.

Fournette would help with ball control, clock management, and short yardage situations + we can use Ek at WR more.
          ​​​​
          Thomas is an absolute perfect fit at FS, giving Nasir on the job training, and enabling King, Jenkins, et al to see snaps at roles they are best suited for.

​Deep discount/show me contracts should be on the table for Leonard & Earl to sign.

Are these two players ready to commit to this once in a lifetime opportunity ?

Step away from the keyboard, TPB choirboys. We have plugged in the Oculus. The Oculus is LIVE. Blow the roof off SoFi !!

:coffee:
          Fournette is a volume RB. Is he going to get 20+ touches in our offense even if JJacks’ injury lingers? Josh Kelly sure looks the part and Bradwell is a big, strong, talented kid.

If the Ravens, best NFL culture, had issues with an aging Earl that causes me pause. Would have to be an NFL Vet minimum contract with incentives and Thomas would need to know going in he is a depth player until he earns his snaps. No one is beating down his door.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

The Jags have a lot cap space, they didn't need to release Fournette - So why did they? He's a coaches nightmare, this is the final move to close the book on a swaggering, boisterous player

That doesn't make a coach eager to have him

It does seem like Thomas would be the perfect fit but Lynn already said they won't pursue Earl Thomas
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Do not forget this man's truly elite size to speed ratio.

Come to the Coast.

Change of scenery did Pouncey hella good.
              Are we serious about running the ball or not

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Fournette is a volume RB. Is he going to get 20+ touches in our offense even if JJacks’ injury lingers? Josh Kelly sure looks the part and Bradwell is a big, strong, talented kid.

If the Ravens, best NFL culture, had issues with an aging Earl that causes me pause. Would have to be an NFL Vet minimum contract with incentives and Thomas would need to know going in he is a depth player until he earns his snaps. No one is beating down his door.
                All good points but maybe we’re seeing the downfall of this “best NFL Ravens culture”
                ozzie is out, do they remain the standard?
                Jacksonville has always been a mess so maybe this could be an opportunity to rebuild our reputation to something like the Patriots (moss situation)
                having a core of home grown guys and also being a place where talented/troubled, castoff vets can win a ring and prove themselves worthy of a payday alongside our core guys.

like you, I like the status quo, I like the culture we’re already growing.
                but I also want to consider the upside of taking a chance.
                I agree that these guys would have to earn snaps legitimately.

if Lynn can connect with these guys and buy credibility by being transparent about what we and they get out of a year rental, then let him try to brake these wild horses in

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Is Jacksonville guaranteeing his salary this year, does he have the offset language in his contract so that he can be signed for vet min?
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Will anyone claim Leonard Fournette on waivers?

Mike Florio

ProFootball Talk on NBC SportsSep 1, 2020, 7:36 AM

Until 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, a team that would like to claim the balance of running back Leonard Fournette‘s contract can do so. So will anyone do it?

Per a league source, multiple teams are doing research on Fournette, who had 1,152 rushing yards another 522 receiving yards on 76 catches. He had, as mentioned yesterday, more rushing yards in 2019 than Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon, Aaron Jones, and Josh Jacobs.

The team that gets Fournette, if at least one team claims him on waivers, inherits a $4.167 million salary guaranteed for skill, injury, and cap with no offset language. And if he signs as a free agent elsewhere within the compensatory draft pick window, his departure will count toward the possibility of picking up a selection in 2022.

It’s actually better for Fournette if he isn’t claimed on waivers. First, he’d get to pick his next destination as a free agent. Second, if he prevails in his grievance against the Jaguars regarding the attempt to void his guaranteed pay for 2020 (and he has a decent argument), he’d get to keep $4.167 million from the Jaguars plus whatever he gets elsewhere.

We’ll know today whether someone claimed his contract on waivers. If no one does, we’ll eventually find out whether someone signs him.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Fournette, 25, was the first draft pick made by Tom Coughlin, the team's former executive vice president of football operations. Coughlin wanted to build the team around a power-run game and dominant defense, and though that worked in 2017, when the Jaguars reached the AFC Championship Game, things didn't always go smoothly between Fournette and the team.
                      2017 Draft Featured Loaded RB Class

The 2017 draft was loaded with talented running backs. After the Jaguars picked Leonard Fournette No. 4 overall, several teams found starting backs throughout the draft, including in the seventh round, when the Seahawks selected Chris Carson.
                      Leonard Fournette 1st (4th)
                      Christian McCaffrey 1st (8th)
                      Dalvin Cook 2nd (41st)
                      Joe Mixon 2nd (48th)
                      Alvin Kamara 3rd (67th)
                      Kareem Hunt 3rd (86th)
                      James Conner 3rd (105th)
                      Marlon Mack 4th (143rd)
                      Aaron Jones 5th (182nd)
                      Chris Carson 7th (249th)
                      Austin Ekeler Undrafted
                      He was suspended for a game during his rookie season because he left early during the bye week and skipped the team picture. He was fined numerous times for being late to or not paying attention in meetings.

Fournette didn't completely learn the offense, and quarterback Blake Bortles regularly had to line him up in the correct spot. Even so, Fournette became just the second rookie in franchise history to rush for more than 1,000 yards, and he followed up the 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns with 242 yards and a franchise-record four touchdowns in three postseason games.

Fournette's tenure in Jacksonville took a turn in 2018, which ended up being the worst season of the former LSU star's football life. There were injuries and a suspension, and he was on the bench in crunch time. He was fined, criticized and admittedly not in ideal shape late in the year.

The Jaguars voided the remaining guarantees in his rookie contract after his one-game suspension for fighting with Buffalo Bills linebacker Shaq Lawson, and Coughlin ripped Fournette for being "disrespectful'' and "selfish'' for sitting on the bench -- while injured and inactive -- during the season finale.

Adding to the problem, Fournette was arrested in April 2019 for driving with a suspended license.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Adam schefter reports LF went through waivers unclaimed....

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Tyrell Williams on IR for turds.