• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Answer me this -- - why are the Bills and Chiefs rumored to have been wanting DHop during the draft? Aren't they both pretty good teams - like two of the best three teams in the AFC. Why are they talking to DHop to add to their roster?

I think its because they see DHop as a way to get better.

Now - I have been pretty clear - I don't think the Chargers should sign DHop. But I think they should still be looking to upgrade the roster. And since they have cap space - get the better player now and not wait for some bull shit value.

As for him having no balls. The dude has never once traded up in the draft. He has never once made a trade at the trade deadline. He would see DHop as a luxury. Other teams, if reports are correct, the Bills and Chiefs - they seem him as an additional player to add to make the team better. So thats my point - I get their is a salary cap - and its just not the Chargers - but why wouldn't a lot of teams want to signa guy like DHop. I have read the Eagles might be interested - they have a pretty stacked receiving corp too. Now that might be more DHop wanting to play with Hurts - so that could be a rumor.

Ravens and Cowboys also interested. So call me stupid all you want but Andy Reid has been kicking Telesco and the Chargerss ass for the last 11 years , and 7 in the divison, wants DHop, the reigning Super Bowls champs - maybe just maybe the Chargers should be on phucking phone with him.
    As long as we have Allen and M. Williams as our starters we will need at least two stud wideouts backing them up. I don't understand how anyone can question that now. Especially if we want to take advantage of what Herbie can do for us. Johnston is the only WR backup I trust. Guyton is okay as a backup but we can't depend on him (see last year). And Palmer is not a deep threat. So yeah, I'd love another deep threat fast dependable WR on this team that can also catch the ball in traffic. Why wouldn't we be looking at Hopkins?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Answer me this -- - why are the Bills and Chiefs rumored to have been wanting DHop during the draft? Aren't they both pretty good teams - like two of the best three teams in the AFC. Why are they talking to DHop to add to their roster?

I think its because they see DHop as a way to get better.

Now - I have been pretty clear - I don't think the Chargers should sign DHop. But I think they should still be looking to upgrade the roster. And since they have cap space - get the better player now and not wait for some bull shit value.

As for him having no balls. The dude has never once traded up in the draft. He has never once made a trade at the trade deadline. He would see DHop as a luxury. Other teams, if reports are correct, the Bills and Chiefs - they seem him as an additional player to add to make the team better. So thats my point - I get their is a salary cap - and its just not the Chargers - but why wouldn't a lot of teams want to signa guy like DHop. I have read the Eagles might be interested - they have a pretty stacked receiving corp too. Now that might be more DHop wanting to play with Hurts - so that could be a rumor.

Ravens and Cowboys also interested. So call me stupid all you want but Andy Reid has been kicking Telesco and the Chargerss ass for the last 11 years , and 7 in the divison, wants DHop, the reigning Super Bowls champs - maybe just maybe the Chargers should be on phucking phone with him.
      I acknowledge you said we shouldnt sign DHop at first. and now you seem to flop as usual. ....however, ill answer the question. I dont think getting a player so somebody else cant is a way to do things.

Because their depth charts looks like this:

Bills / Diggs, Davis......Trent Sherfield, Justin Shorter(5th round rookie), Isaiah Coulter, Keesean Johnson(6th rounder- 36 career receptions from 2019)

Chiefs/ MVS(Meh..is their #1 right now), Toney(Injury prone),Moore, Richie James, Justin Watson

Compared to ours/ Allen, Williams, QJ, Palmer, Guyton, Davis

Which group stands out over those 3? We have 4 real good ones.

Of course DHop will make them better because their WR groups isnt as good as ours.

And i believe we are looking to upgrade the roster, just not in your hurry it up way of doing it. And i think their way will pay off and what id do as well. No need to rush when other players WILL come available.

There will be plenty of players released for whatever reasons and when that happens you will post we should sign many of them ..........so whats YOU'RE rush?

I actually think its pretty clear what I think Telesco should have done - maybe my communication skills are lacking - for that I apologize.

1) The Chargers should have called his agent to see what value of contract said player is looking for
      2) Upon hearing his value -- they can make the decision to proceed or not proceed

3) If he wants too much money - which he probably does - move forward without Hopkins and use those resources to better allocate the roster at deeper areas of need

is that clear?

P.S. If signed and healthy though, he would be the best WR in the room - the data and film doesn't lie. He has had a better career than Allen, Williams, Palmer and I hope QJ has a career like DHop.
      Why do you assume they didnt?

If signed and healthy(which Keenan also is) he is a player like Keenan you said was too old, would get injured more often and needed to be released. Now you want to sign him to....what kind of money? You know he isnt signing for some ridiculous sum you will come up with.​ My guess is 15 mil per year minimum.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-29-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I acknowledge you said we shouldnt sign DHop at first. and now you flop as usual. ....however, ill answer the question.

Because their depth charts looks like this:

Bills / Diggs, Davis......Trent Sherfield, Justin Shorter,(5th round rookie) Isaiah Coulter, Keesean Johnson(6th rounder)

Chiefs/ MVS(Meh), Toney(Injury prone),Moore, Richie James, Justin Watson

Compared to ours/ Allen, Williams, QJ, Palmer, Guyton, Davis

Which group stands out over those 3? We have 4 real good ones.

Of course DHop will make them better because their WR groups isnt as good as ours.

And i believe they are looking to upgrade the roster, just not in your hurry it up way of doing it. And i think their way will pay off and what id do as well. No need to rush when other players WILL come available.

There will be plenty of players released for whatever reasons and when that happens you will post we should sign many of them ..........so whats YOU'RE rush?
        All I know is this - the Bills and Chiefs are currently better than the Chargers and are looking to add a player like Deandre Hopkins
        they are not waiting for other players to be released. they are not waiting for better bargains
        they are looking to upgrade their roster as a better player is available so instead of signing a lesser WR in two months - they are looking to sign the better talent today

As for your comment about the Chargers WR room -Josh Palmer hasn't proven jack shit and Quentin Johnston hasn't even got to training camp so lets not fit him for the gold jacket yet. Guyton is coming off an ACL and is what he is. And Davis is a PR/KR guy --

and the receiver room includes TEs --- so when you add players like Kelce and Dawson Knox and even Kincaid.

And end of the day == depth chart means jack shit. Its about Wins and Losses and Andy Reid has kicked Tom Telescos ass for ten years in a row and will probably make it 11. But fine - you can roll out TBilly and Bandy and might as well bring back Legadu Naanee

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Cook sucks

Zeke was better than Cook last year
          Dude, ....your kidding right? Not a single GM would take Elliott over Cook now. Word is around the league is he has lost a step.

Cook

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CookDa01.htm

Elliott

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...E/ElliEz00.htm

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Dude, ....your kidding right? Not a single GM would take Elliott over Cook now. Word is around the league is he has lost a step.

Cook

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/CookDa01.htm

Elliott

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...E/ElliEz00.htm
            I saw a couple metrics - I wish I could find it
            for these metrics

Cook was the lowest rated RB

Zeke was only about 5 spots higher

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

As long as we have Allen and M. Williams as our starters we will need at least two stud wideouts backing them up. I don't understand how anyone can question that now. Especially if we want to take advantage of what Herbie can do for us. Johnston is the only WR backup I trust. Guyton is okay as a backup but we can't depend on him (see last year). And Palmer is not a deep threat. So yeah, I'd love another deep threat fast dependable WR on this team that can also catch the ball in traffic. Why wouldn't we be looking at Hopkins?
              Ironically Palmer ran a faster 40 than DHop. 4.52 to 4.57. Hopkins is a better ballhawk than Palmer though.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

All I know is this - the Bills and Chiefs are currently better than the Chargers and are looking to add a player like Deandre Hopkins
                they are not waiting for other players to be released. they are not waiting for better bargains
                they are looking to upgrade their roster as a better player is available so instead of signing a lesser WR in two months - they are looking to sign the better talent today

As for your comment about the Chargers WR room -Josh Palmer hasn't proven jack shit and Quentin Johnston hasn't even got to training camp so lets not fit him for the gold jacket yet. Guyton is coming off an ACL and is what he is. And Davis is a PR/KR guy --

and the receiver room includes TEs --- so when you add players like Kelce and Dawson Knox and even Kincaid.

And end of the day == depth chart means jack shit. Its about Wins and Losses and Andy Reid has kicked Tom Telescos ass for ten years in a row and will probably make it 11. But fine - you can roll out TBilly and Bandy and might as well bring back Legadu Naanee
                So another WR will make us better than the Chiefs? What happened to another Edge or safety, NB? You are hanging your hat on Hopkins to take us over the top? They can use him more than us , yes.
                Is Hopkins going to cover Kelce or rush Mahomes?

Palmer had 72 receptions last season when called to play a bigger role. The only player they have right now that did that was Kelce. Juju left and he had 78 last season. Their current #1 right now had 48 last season.

I disagree about Palmer. He is assending and had a pretty decent second season.

The bolded, i dont know wtf you are talking about. Those guys arent a part of this team and dont compare to the WRs we have now. Nobody is fitting QJ for a Gold jacket, lol. Where is that even coming from? But i sure have higher expectations for him than i do Sky Moore as KCs #3 WR.
                You are just spewing bullshit because you got nothing else.

Your ideas or roster building are pretty out there.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

Ironically Palmer ran a faster 40 than DHop. 4.52 to 4.57. Hopkins is a better ballhawk than Palmer though.
                  I don't trust Palmer at all downfield. And neither does Herbert.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I actually think its pretty clear what I think Telesco should have done - maybe my communication skills are lacking - for that I apologize.

1) The Chargers should have called his agent to see what value of contract said player is looking for
                    2) Upon hearing his value -- they can make the decision to proceed or not proceed
                    3) If he wants too much money - which he probably does - move forward without Hopkins and use those resources to better allocate the roster at deeper areas of need

is that clear?

P.S. If signed and healthy though, he would be the best WR in the room - the data and film doesn't lie. He has had a better career than Allen, Williams, Palmer and I hope QJ has a career like DHop.
                    Bills WR group isn’t very good at all, I could see why they are panicked to upgrade that room. Not so with the Chargers. Chiefs are also not particularly stocked at WR.

We don’t know what TT did but I’d wager you are right they didn’t call his agent. Because as you note between every other sentence, we don’t need him. Sure he’s a top shelf receiver. The problem I see here is structural and fatal - we can’t just “never mind, Keenan”. We still have to pay his cap and then pay hop on top. Same for Dub. There’s no out from those cap hits. Hopkins isn’t signing with anyone for a vet min type deal, imo.

We don’t need a WR, this isn’t the place to build barricades and create a CHOP Zone. Does +Hop/-Slayer improve the team more than a top caliber RB, Safety or Edge? I don’t think so. Thats the opportunity cost to get so infatuated with Hopkins we lose sight of the bigger picture. But feel free to carry on …

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Palmer snagged 72 RECs for 769 yards last year, he’s a good route runner with a complete route tree and a professional WR. He’s not Hop but he’s not a bad ball hawk, he goes up and high points it with strong hands and will sacrifice himself when needed to make a catch.

Oh, and he’s cheap, on a mid round rookie deal. He’s a fantastic WR4. DHop is looking for $15M+, I agree - if he wanted to just sign a vet min deal he would have signed in the first hour of release.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

They may be better overall but they aren't better at the WR position.

You must be the one and only guy that posts in here that thinks our WR group needs help. Palmer caught 72 passes in his second year and you say he hasn't proven jack shit. Deandre Carter was only a return man for us last year but he hauled in 46 passes for us. Davis is a lot faster than Carter. I wouldn't be putting him down yet, his speed alone gives him a strong chance that he will be a useful player at WR, not just at returns.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bills WR group isn’t very good at all, I could see why they are panicked to upgrade that room. Not so with the Chargers. Chiefs are also not particularly stocked at WR.

We don’t know what TT did but I’d wager you are right they didn’t call his agent. Because as you note between every other sentence, we don’t need him. Sure he’s a top shelf receiver. The problem I see here is structural and fatal - we can’t just “never mind, Keenan”. We still have to pay his cap and then pay hop on top. Same for Dub. There’s no out from those cap hits. Hopkins isn’t signing with anyone for a vet min type deal, imo.

We don’t need a WR, this isn’t the place to build barricades and create a CHOP Zone. Does +Hop/-Slayer improve the team more than a top caliber RB, Safety or Edge? I don’t think so. Thats the opportunity cost to get so infatuated with Hopkins we lose sight of the bigger picture. But feel free to carry on …
                          Again, you have yet to answer the bigger question that I have asked since the news first came out about DHop?

but never mind, you feel free to carry on as well

Its a forum of ideas - we all want the same thing. and lets be honest. Andy Reid has had success that Telesco hasn't - so maybe doing things the same every year might keep the results similar as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X