• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am just saying that signing DHop is probably not the right move to make because of the limited cap space and more importantly, the WR does look to have good depth. That said, he should still be trying to improve the roster - this team, right now, is not better than the top 3 teams in the AFC and the moves you made up to this point - why do them if you are not going to try to compete
    I support this wise advice for TT. You called out S and Edge in particular if I recall - 100% agree
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      [/B][/SIZE]

Huh? So TT go sign him, don’t go sign him - what are you urging here?

I agree - zero chance TT and Co are adding Hopkins. Hopkins is going to want >$10M for starters, and WR is already the strongest position group on the team. Makes no sense to me, talking about “sign him and trade KA or MW” … thats expecting him to pull off a Triple Lindey

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
      B4K is all over the place lol. Usually wants us to sign every released player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I am just saying that signing DHop is probably not the right move to make because of the limited cap space and more importantly, the WR does look to have good depth. That said, he should still be trying to improve the roster - this team, right now, is not better than the top 3 teams in the AFC and the moves you made up to this point - why do them if you are not going to try to compete
        joanna garcia swisher GIF by ABC Network

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I'm thinking; maybe some team will have to release some very good Edge or Safety like the Cards had to release Hopkins - and that's the time to throw your hat in the ring.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            I'm thinking; maybe some team will have to release some very good Edge or Safety like the Cards had to release Hopkins - and that's the time to throw your hat in the ring.
            Agree

The team isnt done being built but some here want them to rush and fill up every hole with whats available now. I thinks its smart to wait on who comes available as we might be able to get someone better. There will still be cap releases and cuts of players that teams drafted and got younger but just want to see how the rookie pick up the playbook and perform in TC.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

joanna garcia swisher GIF by ABC Network
              It means, as I have wrote before - if you are going 60m in the red for next year - why stop now trying to improve your team... you have come this far - why not try to improve your team even more

Yes, I personally would have traded Bosa and probably moved on from Allen in some capacity. . But if you have pushed this many chips into the center of the table - why keep like two $100 chips and one $500 - -- go all the hell in.

The Chargers on the field - could give a shit about paper - on the actual field - have not proven they cannot get to the level of KC, Cincy and Buffalo in the AFC under Telesco or any of his coaches. So for me, Telesco should keep trying to improve the roster. Does that mean DHop - no, because WR is actually a decent group. But if he had the balls to sign DHop - I would actually applaud it. But , he doesn't have the balls to sign DHop. But he canto improve other positions -- like KC and Buffalo are doing or have been reported -- and that is getting DHop.

Does that make sense - it probably doesn't and you will miscontrue what I wrote yet again - so if thats case - whatever dude.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Interesting.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

It means, as I have wrote before - if you are going 60m in the red for next year - why stop now trying to improve your team... you have come this far - why not try to improve your team even more

Yes, I personally would have traded Bosa and probably moved on from Allen in some capacity. . But if you have pushed this many chips into the center of the table - why keep like two $100 chips and one $500 - -- go all the hell in.

The Chargers on the field - could give a shit about paper - on the actual field - have not proven they cannot get to the level of KC, Cincy and Buffalo in the AFC under Telesco or any of his coaches. So for me, Telesco should keep trying to improve the roster. Does that mean DHop - no, because WR is actually a decent group. But if he had the balls to sign DHop - I would actually applaud it. But , he doesn't have the balls to sign DHop. But he canto improve other positions -- like KC and Buffalo are doing or have been reported -- and that is getting DHop.

Does that make sense - it probably doesn't and you will miscontrue what I wrote yet again - so if thats case - whatever dude.
                  I get it,...no miscontrue, just dont agree. They are trying to compete, just in a way you dont seem to understand.
                  They arent done building the team but at the same time, they arent going to be the Rams and screw it all up, but sure they did get a SB out of it. And sure, id like to win one too so it depends how you sit with it. They gonna suck again this year but they got the ring.

To think we are going to get a guy like Hopkins when they cant afford him is short sighted. At first you were logical, then turned like usual. Honestly i dont think we need Hopkins.

I think they have a better handle on the cap than you do. I mean i do appreciate your efforts on it as i dont study it but i have a decent clue on it and dont want to dig deep on it but its easy to find numbers if i want them....and we cant afford Hopkins without some real creativity which the team doesnt have. Cant release or trade Wiliams as it only saves 1 mil this year so he isnt going anywhere.

Keenan isnt going anywhere and is highly more thought of than you are of him, while being the same age as Hopkins. Hopkins isnt going to play for cheap.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I get it,...no miscontrue, just dont agree. They are trying to compete, just in a way you dont seem to understand.
                    They arent done building the team but at the same time, they arent going to be the Rams and screw it all up, but sure they did get a SB out of it. And sure, id like to win one too so it depends how you sit with it. They gonna suck again this year but they got the ring.

To think we are going to get a guy like Hopkins when they cant afford him is short sighted. At first you were logical, then turned like usual. Honestly i dont think we need Hopkins.

I think they have a better handle on the cap than you do. I mean i do appreciate your efforts on it as i dont study it but i have a decent clue on it and dont want to dig deep on it but its easy to find numbers if i want them....and we cant afford Hopkins without some real creativity which the team doesnt have. Cant release or trade Wiliams as it only saves 1 mil this year so he isnt going anywhere.

Keenan isnt going anywhere and is highly more thought of than you are of him, while being the same age as Hopkins. Hopkins isnt going to play for cheap.
                    Ditto...

He's just another sack of concrete in an otherwise very deep WR room on the chargers... I'd rather keep KA over Hopkins as they both have been injured in their later years.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I like Hopkins a lot but our receiving corp is loaded and deep and it would make zero sense to sign him. Signing a pass rusher or resigning Callahan? Yes please!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

How about Dalvin Cook?

Will be released around June 1

Chargers have about 13 million left which is more than KC, Buffalo and other contenders. I would like to see some move for Leonard Floyd or John Johnson for better depth on defense

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                          How about Dalvin Cook?

Will be released around June 1

Chargers have about 13 million left which is more than KC, Buffalo and other contenders. I would like to see some move for Leonard Floyd or John Johnson for better depth on defense
                          Ask Rich about that 13 millions.
                          He has the answer.

Comment

Working...
                          X