• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Icebolt View Post
    Are guys kidding! I think I like the yellow helmets are better than the white ones. Please let's not go back to the dark blue boring one.
    I like white #1 by a good margin, then the yellow but only with yellow pants and only on rare occasion. I don't like the blue helmets in any combo option.

Seems to me guys who came of Charger age at the Air Coryell era are the ones most overly fond of navy blue helmets. Like their first pony type of affinity type thing.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Most teams try to find Edge First because that's more of a premium position than DT. Teams that have a Superstar tackle tend to have value-based Edge players unless they lucked into a good draft pick.
      Since the Chargers have 2 Elite Edge Rushers and a potential 3rd in Tuli. They are going to be built differently than Baltimore. Therefore, this team doesn't need any Superstar DT's they need good solid role-playing DT's.
      If they can rotate a good 3/4 that will primarily stuff the run in the middle and keep the LBer's clean, then that will be ideal.

You have to remember for this team because of the Talent at the more Elite Edge, they only need 2 down run defending, short yardage, and Goal line Tackles. When it's 3rd down or predictable passing down they will more than likely have the 3 Edge Rushers and a smaller quicker Tackle like Morgan Fox on the field.
      need is a relative opinion. We have had one or two elite edge players for years that produced nothing but a bottom defense with zero elite DTs. I would modestly suggest a different recipe has earned the right to be tasted. Interior havoc changes everything.

Comment

• northerner
        Charger fan since '79
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Fouts era helmet, please !

image.png
        totally agree. the best !!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

need is a relative opinion. We have had one or two elite edge players for years that produced nothing but a bottom defense with zero elite DTs. I would modestly suggest a different recipe has earned the right to be tasted. Interior havoc changes everything.
          When was the last time we actually drafted a DT early? Liuget? Tired of getting gashed up the gut by run plays...at LEAST draft a good run-stuffer by round 4, please...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

When was the last time we actually drafted a DT early? Liuget? Tired of getting gashed up the gut by run plays...at LEAST draft a good run-stuffer by round 4, please...
            Tillery. He was a whiff but not a reason to stop trying.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Most teams try to find Edge First because that's more of a premium position than DT. Teams that have a Superstar tackle tend to have value-based Edge players unless they lucked into a good draft pick.
              Since the Chargers have 2 Elite Edge Rushers and a potential 3rd in Tuli. They are going to be built differently than Baltimore. Therefore, this team doesn't need any Superstar DT's they need good solid role-playing DT's.
              If they can rotate a good 3/4 that will primarily stuff the run in the middle and keep the LBer's clean, then that will be ideal.

You have to remember for this team because of the Talent at the more Elite Edge, they only need 2 down run defending, short yardage, and Goal line Tackles. When it's 3rd down or predictable passing down they will more than likely have the 3 Edge Rushers and a smaller quicker Tackle like Morgan Fox on the field.
              Get your point. But JH2 may go for that stud DT anyway. Get the best players you can at every position, shock the world (while being mindful of balance, sure).
              😉

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have gone through this DL group with a fine tooth carbon fiber afro pick.

JMO opinion, but I did see Chris Hinton go from being a JAG to someone who actually contributes.
                Ben Herbert mentioned working with this former Wolverine years ago. I believe Ben can get Hinton dialed in.
                Of course there is the NFL bloodline angle, as with Kris Jenkins.

Matlock I have as Base DE#2 behind Morgan Fox.
                Tito's got some power and some push...give him selective snaps to speed development.
                Jerrod Clark is depth and strictly a 1Tech.
                Okoye is behind Tito, Matlock as a raw as hell 4i.

I've got a shocker for you at #140.
                Plus, how often will we go NASCAR ?
                I was hoping for a slow day at work today to work on my mock but unfortunately it looks like I'll have to take personal time to finish it.
                but I too see what you're seeing and frankly, we don't have much of a choice but to give a lot of these young players a chance to make a leap.
                this is only offseason 1 of the JH3 era and there's only so many resources available.
                my mock will be about solidifying the foundation.
                and not upgrading spots where we have serviceable guys
                DT is one of them, as much as I'd like to swing for a Johnny Newton, it'll have to wait until a value opportunity presents itself.

edit: here's a hint... Woods is not, "serviceable" imho.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Hortiz said they took BPA Hamilton even though they were good at safety with Ravens.
                  Joe is going to run the Chargers draft the same way.
                  BPA all day. PON is every position for him, since his philosophy is you are never one player away.
                  If Sweat-NT falls and he is the BPA. Hortiz will take him.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SuperChargedRodney37
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2024
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Get your point. But JH2 may go for that stud DT anyway. Get the best players you can at every position, shock the world (while being mindful of balance, sure).
                    😉
                    The problem is the use of the term “stud” DT. There is not a “Stud “ DT worthy of a Top-10 pick. People are convincing themselves of the talent being better than it really is because they’re focused too much on their perceived needs for this team.

Do they need more DT depth? Sure but your not paying 1st round money to a player that’s a 2nd round or beyond grade on your board. That’s bad business and what losing teams do.

This is the main issue people on this board keep having with projecting pick #23 as if it has 1st round value to this team. They only have at most #18 players with a 1st round grade and at most 6 Blue Chip Players.

So people are clamoring for them to trade out of pick #5 to #11 which is beyond those 6-Blue Chippers to pick either a RT they don’t value in Tier 1 or a RG/RT. Then turn around and pick a 2nd round graded player at #23.
                    oh and all this to get just 1 additional draft pick as if this team can’t trade down starting at pick #37 and accomplish the same goal.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The problem is the use of the term “stud” DT. There is not a “Stud “ DT worthy of a Top-10 pick. People are convincing themselves of the talent being better than it really is because they’re focused too much on their perceived needs for this team.

Do they need more DT depth? Sure but your not paying 1st round money to a player that’s a 2nd round or beyond grade on your board. That’s bad business and what losing teams do.

This is the main issue people on this board keep having with projecting pick #23 as if it has 1st round value to this team. They only have at most #18 players with a 1st round grade and at most 6 Blue Chip Players.

So people are clamoring for them to trade out of pick #5 to #11 which is beyond those 6-Blue Chippers to pick either a RT they don’t value in Tier 1 or a RG/RT. Then turn around and pick a 2nd round graded player at #23.
                      oh and all this to get just 1 additional draft pick as if this team can’t trade down starting at pick #37 and accomplish the same goal.
                      Wasn’t insinuating a first round pick, but early rather than late is all.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I am very glad you have joined our community. Your posts are thoughtful and consistently make good points.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

totally agree. the best !!
                          s-l640.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X