• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Rams will have gone 7 straight years without a 1st rounder when they get another one. Im not sure you can build a team that way
    They were in a bidding war with the Washington Football Team for Stafford's services. That drove up the price.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

They were in a bidding war with the Washington Football Team for Stafford's services. That drove up the price.
      What drove up the price was taking Jared Goff's contract off the Rams

The Rams couldn't realistically make this trade without moving Goff. He has 43m of guarantees coming do.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Except they’ve already been to one super bowl
        And still no ring. Unless you think winning the conference is a good consolation prize.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
          Lions basically paid I think around 37.5m for Goff and two first rounders. Brad Holmes knew the Rams were done with Goff so he was willing to pay for two first rounders. I guess if you are the LIons, you get a QB to run your team as this rebuild with draft picks takes place. For the Rams,they are all in - but they have been pretty good about hitting on draft picks and they will continue to need to be.

Personally, I don't get it from the Lions perspective - meaning - taking Goff's contract. I doubt many teams were offering FRPs - if this was the deal. I mean, wouldn't say taking a FRP (if offered from the Colts or Niners) and even kicking back a 3rd to Indy or SF BUT not take Goff make more sense. I don't know. Campbell got six years.
          Breer said otherwise. It seems they took on Goff’s contract to get more picks.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
            This part made me laugh.
            And remember this: The Rams are sharing a stadium with the Chargers, who have one of the league’s most promising young quarterbacks in Justin Herbert. Did McVay want to start every week with a crippling case of quarterback envy?

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Stafford was better off being traded to the Colts for their first this year versus going to the Rams even if it was for more picks. With all the holes that the Rams have and a more limited salary cap, I don’t see them moving the needle as much even with Stafford. As for Detroit, they move him out of the NFC, get a first to use immediately this year, and don’t have an annoying contract to deal with in Goff’s which frees up the cap to keep guys like Kenny Galloday.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

That’s one way of spinning this positively lol.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Breer said otherwise. It seems they took on Goff’s contract to get more picks.
                  Interesting - so the Lions paid for Goff for an extra 1/3 -- thats pretty steep!

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Rams are headed the wrong direction.

Lions are headed the right direction.

When you compare both QBs in terms of win and losses. Goff has been far more successful. Of course it was all under McVay.

​​​​​​Stafford has the bigger arm. But Goff is more accurate.
                    size. Stafford is 6'3 220. Goff 6'4 220

TD and INT ratio are almost identical.
                    Stafford and Goff are both 2.3% INT And then Stafford is 4.5%TD and Goff 4.4%

​​​​​I think the Lions offensive line is in better shape moving forward than Rams oline. Both have good RB and TE. Rams have better WR. Lions need to add WR talent.

the Lions defense was dead last, while the Rams defense was #1. This is what will really help Stafford. He won't have to do it all. Goff should be able to do okay. He was used to a offense that want to run and set up play action passes for him. And that is what Lions will do for him too with Campbell, Lynn and Duece. So they should be okay on offense. But that defense is a big problem for Goff. He will have to try and outscore teams at times. And I dont think that is his game. He is a game manager type.

But Lions added two 1st rd picks to build the defense up.
                    While the Rams still haven't had a 1st rd pick since drafting Goff. I'm all about being aggressive and using draft capital to build a team any way you can. But year after year after year of no 1st rd picks. Seems like this will catch up with Rams. And with Wilson and Rodgers and Brady in NFC. With the 49ers a solid organization. Cardinals and Murray are not easy win. Rams and Stafford are in a tough division.

While the Lions have only Rodgers to worry about. Bears and Vikings are alright. But in a QB driven league. I like Lions QB Goff a bit better than Bears QB and Vikings QB right now.

The future looks better for Lions in NFC North than for Rams in NFC West, but it is the Lions. But if I'm picking the winner of this trade moving forward. I think it was the Lions.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Stafford was better off being traded to the Colts for their first this year versus going to the Rams even if it was for more picks. With all the holes that the Rams have and a more limited salary cap, I don’t see them moving the needle as much even with Stafford. As for Detroit, they move him out of the NFC, get a first to use immediately this year, and don’t have an annoying contract to deal with in Goff’s which frees up the cap to keep guys like Kenny Galloday.
                      Yeah i dont get why Detroit wanted to take on Goffs contract. I read some where that somebody who works for Detroit scouted Goff back then and he liked him. Detroit doesnt even get a first for this draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

That’s one way of spinning this positively lol.
                        Lots of money wasted from Kroenke's pockets. I wonder how he feels about that,.... i think if they dont reach the playoffs this season , Snead may be out the the door. I do think there is a chance they miss the playoffs next season If SF lands a better QB,....or even if JG stays healthy they will be extremely tough if the injuries are at a minimum.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

JJ Watt can be our Michael Brockers (4i)...
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X