Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True that, he threw a ton of very short passes there but i did struggle when throwing over 10 yards. Maybe his WRs were in the wrong spots? Must have been the case and they just werent very good because he has been pretty damn awesome with us.
    I said the same thing & posted a video about it. Herbert often overthrew his targets on mid-range passes.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I thought both Tua and Herbert had a 50% chance of being a good qb. I would have taken either.

And so far, that's right, one is good and one is struggling.

TT got lucky, just like Indy got lucky with Manning over Leaf.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2020
        • Send PM

For me my top pick was simmons
        but for Qbs between tua and herbert i was all in for herbert because i hate injury prone Qbs and herbert is taller stronger and both have same mobility

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

I didn't look too hard but it was mainly footwork for me. Even last year he had a tendency to open his hips during the throw sometimes.

He corrected that.
          He did have footwork improvement needed but that is the easiest thing to correct. I thought his footwork was a problem of bad coaching in a bad system. He had the arm we have never had, he has the height (which is still more important than anyone seems to think anymore), and he had off the charts intelligence and ability to process and synthesize data. He was my guy as soon as I dialed in and “studied” him vs Tua.

Air quotes because i don’t really study much and don’t really know how to professionally study recruits even if I tried. Just armchair opinions here, turns out i was 100% right. BTW - the film I saw of Samuel told me he’d be a stellar cover corner, i was thrilled with the pick. The film and rookie work I saw of Tranq told me he’s just a smart baller, he is that. I was scared off on Slater until we took him and I am a big believer now. I’ve seen enough horrible footwork on OL watching the Chargers for decades to know Leatherwood will suck. Just a few examples of armchair intelligence …
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yes i noticed, but wish you would lol.

I dont do too bad with QBs so i just go with what i see. I was calling Rivers a first rounder well before any pundits did and they had him l
            around a 4th rounder.

I read one idiot say he should switch to TE....lol, can you imagine that?
            Let’s just say as a DC I wouldn’t be concerned with him threatening the seem.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I have a lot of respect for your opinions my friend but are you freaking kidding me? Those are easily correctable flaws with good coaching. You can't fix a lack of arm strength. You can't fix the inability to learn and adapt. And you rarely fix a bad throwing motion... and he never had that whatsoever. I'm sorry but I think you fell into what most did... Paralysis by analysis and groupthink.
              I didn't say it wasn't easy to fix, just that it was the cause of the inconsistency to me. I was good with the pick, not that I was posting here yet.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Like all QBs, Herbie throws a couple every game I’m sure he wished he could have back. Human nature and does not diminish his feelings obvious greatness.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
                  ~ Charger Fan ~
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Jupiter, FL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  Regional Pizzas.jpeg

Actually, Detroit Style pizza is a rectangle. It was conceived in an oil pan.

Bengals - Jags game has an ad for Detroit-style pizza. What's that?

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    I thought both Tua and Herbert had a 50% chance of being a good qb. I would have taken either.

Dude's worked with Manning, Luck, Rivers, and now Herbert.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Don't forget Tyrod.
                      or do.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

If Telesco drafting Herbert is just good luck, then we have to say his less stellar draft picks are just bad luck? Cause he sure takes a beating around here from some of us fans.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

If Telesco drafting Herbert is just good luck, then we have to say his less stellar draft picks are just bad luck? Cause he sure takes a beating around here from some of us fans.

TG
                          If he listened to the expert geniuses here that decided to fire him, we wouldn’t have Herbert. Fortunately, he listened to me

i’d still fire him too though lol. I just don’t like the cut of his jib.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X