Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Gotcha - sorry. The thing is - I am sure if he ends up in Tampa this will be the conspiratorial take by many. The "league" is just doing this to help Tom Brady

As for the Chargers - we already have a 30+ year old CB with injury concerns. Do not need another one
    I’m not really interested in Gilmore. He’d want more than than I’d offer. Not looking at over 30 players.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Jaylon Smith looked very good against us.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Jaylon Smith looked very good against us.
        Reading some stuff - it seems to be two reasons Smith was released
        1) his playing time diminished
        2) the Cowboys were worried he would get injured this year this guaranteeing next years salary of 9.2m

Granted, I liked the move the Bears made for Grant with the Dolphins - trading for a pick

Somebody, NFLN or ESPN suggested a player like Brandon Cooks as a fit for the Chargers for a late round pick.

If there is aveteran OL - like would Marcus Cannon make some sense if Houston is looking to trade to save cap space

I thought Jordan Phillips from the Cardinals - but he is pricy and hurt

The Chargers have the cap space this year and right now, are top 3 next year in cap space (and thats including Bulaga) - so they have some flexibility I think to take on a few million for a player that can take them up a notch.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

When I was 20? Sure. 30? Maybe a couple, not as much. 40 - no, youngest gal i dated when I was 40 was 26 and she was idiot young. I don’t find 20 yo idiots interesting by then. And now - at 59 - no way.

But I don’t care about a coed grinding on him in and of itself. he’s cultivated his public image of a moral family man - so its a tsk tsk type thing for me personally - I’m used to public figures of morality that are lying hypocrites.

but to have all his players see on SM that he ditched his own team after a loss to get a lap dance … fuck that. Thats bro code shit.
          I was just joshing you of course. But I am totally with you on this. And btw, I also agree that young woman aren't interesting at our age. When I was in my 20s and living in San Diego, it was totally different. I was all about chasing every nice looking young female who came into my orbit. Now, when I see a woman that age I see my daughter. I play on a coed softball team with young ladies in their 20s and 30s, and I am like their 2nd dad. I'm more attracted to their mothers. So, yeah, that vid of Meyer with a young woman grinding her a$$ in his crotch and his hands down there is pretty pathetic, for all the reasons you state.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Patriots don’t have to pay him as he was technically not on the roster due to pup. I hope this crap catches up with belicheck sometime. He does bush league stuff like this to players a lot
            And speaking of Belicheat and suspicious injury-related moves, don't forget IR-Gate:

"2014 falsified injury report allegations

After becoming free agents, two former Patriots players in 2014 alleged they received false injury designations during their time in New England.

Linebacker Brandon Spikes said his IR placement for a knee injury just before the playoffs was bogus. He felt he could have easily played through the issue and that the team wanted an excuse to keep him off the field.

"The team's decision to place Brandon on injured reserve was not a mutual decision, nor need it be," his agent Gary Uberstine said at the time. "Brandon had every intention to keep playing throughout the playoffs, despite the pain he was experiencing throughout the season. We never had a single conversation with the Patriots in which they threatened to release him if he didn't accept the injured reserve designation."

Cornerback Aqib Talib, meanwhile, said his hip injury designation in 2013 was incorrect. He claimed his quad was the actual source of pain, but said "that's how they do things" in reference to the Patriots."

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 5, 2021

October 10, 2021

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS
              • Thursday Night: LA Rams @ Seattle (FOX/NFLN)
              • Sunday Morning 9:30 AM ET: NY Jets vs Atlanta (in London) (NFLN) (Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta)
              • Sunday Night: Buffalo @ Kansas City (NBC)
              • Monday Night: Indianapolis @ Baltimore (ESPN)

CBS SINGLE

Anchorage
              Fairbanks
              Honolulu

Miami @ Tampa Bay
              Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

New Orleans @ Washington
              Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

New England @ Houston
              Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Tennessee @ Jacksonville
              Tom McCarthy, Tiki Barber

Chicago @ Las Vegas (LATE)
              Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Cleveland @ LA Chargers (LATE)
              Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

FOX EARLY

Anchorage
              Fairbanks
              Honolulu

Green Bay @ Cincinnati
              Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Philadelphia @ Carolina
              Joe Davis, Greg Olsen

Denver @ Pittsburgh
              Brandon Gaudin, Mark Schlereth

Detroit @ Minnesota
              Chris Myers, Daryl Johnson

FOX LATE

Anchorage
              Fairbanks
              Honolulu

NY Giants @ Dallas
              Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

San Francisco @ Arizona
              Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

I've noticed our games are broadcast in the PNW this season. Herbert effect. Keep expanding thr fan base.

Not sure why there's green in Oklahoma though.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

How do they end up with cap relief? Wasn’t his contract guaranteed at game 1?
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    I've noticed our games are broadcast in the PNW this season. Herbert effect. Keep expanding thr fan base.

Not sure why there's green in Oklahoma though.
                    Mayfield.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

How do they end up with cap relief? Wasn’t his contract guaranteed at game 1?
                      His per game salary was not guaranteed since he was on PUP. Or maybe only the games he was on PUP was guaranteed So the Patriots get the benefit of not paying his pro-rated portion the rest of the season. So that is how they saved the $5m of cap space. They are still on the hook for close to $9m of dead cap space.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2021
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’m not really interested in Gilmore. He’d want more than than I’d offer. Not looking at over 30 players.
                        Gilmore traded to Carolina for a 2023 6th round pick

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Gilmore traded to Carolina for a 2023 6th round pick
                          The Panthers had close to $20m of cap space for this year so they had the money to take on the contract. And all it cost was a 2023 6th round pick

Now, I am good with the Chargers not trading for Gilmore, age, injury history plus they have a 30 year old injured CB. That said - if they continue to be on an upward trajectory, combined with possibly having comp picks next year (and I realize you cannot trade comp picks but it does open the door for your own 2022/2023 picks) - the Chargers should be players in the trade market if players become available that would help the roster.

I mean, if the Falcons continue to stink - how good would Cordarelle Patterson for a Cond'l 5th look on this roster. Chargers could be picking near the end of the 5th round. The way Patterson can return kicks - would be an asset.

Brandin Cooks for a Cond't pick - he would add a bit of speed to the WR room. Though Guyton is pretty fast.

I have mentioned Marcus Cannon

Comment

Working...
                          X