• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Patriots don’t have to pay him as he was technically not on the roster due to pup. I hope this crap catches up with belicheck sometime. He does bush league stuff like this to players a lot
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
      31 y old corner coming off a major leg injury that wants top dollar scares the crap out of me. Too much risk
      I still prefer to spend money on OL and DL. Especially if Chris Harris comes back. I don't like it longer term. And to sign him, you are going to have to push cap in future years

This one seems more "style" than "substance"

Now Jaylon Smith to a minimum deal - that might make more sense of the two players released the last two days

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Smith is just not that good. His injury was devastating. Good on him for making it back. But he is an average LB now.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Patriots don’t have to pay him as he was technically not on the roster due to pup. I hope this crap catches up with belicheck sometime. He does bush league stuff like this to players a lot
          I just figured out the same that because he was on PUP - he doesn't count against the cap

So he was going to restructure his contract or get released. The Patriots are left with a pretty sizable cap hit though. There is 8.5m of dead cap space that should be going on the Patriots books. They do not get out of this "scott free" though.

I would have thought the dead money counted against the cap already and just his "salary" would not/ The dead cap is already allocated for

EDIT: Gilmore on the PUP did count against the Patriots count but because he was on PUP, they didn't pay his game salary so releasing him they will save the pro-rated portion of the 13 games left of 7m - so 5.3m. Gilmore does count 8.5m of dead cap space. The Patriots just didn't want to pay him $7m this year and Gilmore wanted to get paid $7m

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Smith is just not that good. His injury was devastating. Good on him for making it back. But he is an average LB now.

TG
            right i am not giving him more than the minimum and even probably would sign him to the PS at best.- a really cheap flier type deal

some team will give him more than a PS contract at this point. I am okay passing on him too. I am still on a guy like Mitchell Schwartz though if he gets healthy. Thats a guy I keep an eye on

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

This is what TB12 and Billyboy talked about for that extended period in private.
              Gilmore will be a Buc soon enough.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still prefer to spend money on OL and DL. Especially if Chris Harris comes back. I don't like it longer term. And to sign him, you are going to have to push cap in future years

This one seems more "style" than "substance"

Now Jaylon Smith to a minimum deal - that might make more sense of the two players released the last two days
                Where does Jaylon Smith possibly fit on this roster?

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Where does Jaylon Smith possibly fit on this roster?
                  I don't know
                  but if he is better than a current player on the roster - don't you need to try to upgrade the roster
                  or at least look it at. Especially if you can stash him on the Practice Squad. if he is done as a player, he is done as a player. but for the PS cost, I wouldn't hate it

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

This is what TB12 and Billyboy talked about for that extended period in private.
                    Gilmore will be a Buc soon enough.
                    If this were the case - why wouldn't Tampa have just sent a 2022 7th round pick for Gilmore dependent upon him restructuring his contract to fit the Bucs cap space? Which the Bucs will probably have to do to sign Gilmore.

To me, that would have been sneakier to get TAmpa to send a 7th for Gilmore

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If this were the case - why wouldn't Tampa have just sent a 2022 7th round pick for Gilmore dependent upon him restructuring his contract to fit the Bucs cap space? Which the Bucs will probably have to do to sign Gilmore.

To me, that would have been sneakier to get TAmpa to send a 7th for Gilmore
                      My comment was more in jest. How could I possibly know what those 2 talked about?

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

My comment was more in jest. How could I possibly know what those 2 talked about?
                        Gotcha - sorry. The thing is - I am sure if he ends up in Tampa this will be the conspiratorial take by many. The "league" is just doing this to help Tom Brady

As for the Chargers - we already have a 30+ year old CB with injury concerns. Do not need another one

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                          Buffalo Bills (3-1) are playing in Kansas City (2-2) this Sunday.

If the Chiefs don't right the ship, they could find themselves taking on some serious water.
                          I’m ok with that. Let the ship sink. They’ve been on top for too long.

Comment

Working...
                          X