• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Lawrence will never be an elite qb....period.

Someone might be able to fit him into a system where they get very good results;
    but unlike Herbert, he will not be someone who can elevate the level of of the offense.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

So sad.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

raider fans for friends - you need to pick your friends better!
        Come on Roo, when you grow up in Northern Cali, Raider and Niner fans are countless. That’s why m friends are lucky to have a Charger fan as a bestie. I live in Brentwood, small town, but there are lighting bolts and a few cars out here…

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          Lawrence will never be an elite qb....period.

Someone might be able to fit him into a system where they get very good results;
          but unlike Herbert, he will not be someone who can elevate the level of of the offense.
          I could not disagree with this more. If Herbert was the QB in that system with the talent around him that Lawrence has, he'd be proclaimed a bust by now. Put Lawrence in our offense with our coaching staff and you'd see a huge difference in his performance. Give the guy a couple of years with a real NFL coach and watch his performance skyrocket.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I could not disagree with this more. If Herbert was the QB in that system with the talent around him that Lawrence has, he'd be proclaimed a bust by now. Put Lawrence in our offense with our coaching staff and you'd see a huge difference in his performance. Give the guy a couple of years with a real NFL coach and watch his performance skyrocket.
            Lawrence needs a real head coach and coaching staff, environment. Too early to say if he is a bust or not. I think if they get Leftwich in there, maybe even Josh McDaniels - somebody who is going with QBs and game planning - that would help him the most.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

Dmac - as long suffering Charger fans (my first year of suffering was 1979 at age 10 - it sounds like you go further back), we have to thank the football gods every day that Hertert landed on our team. He is the real deal.
              Herbie is the best we’ve ever seen, praise gods of gridiron for their belated benevolence! I think many here forget how incredibly rare it is for a QB to be playing at his level in Year 2 (much less what he did in year 1).

I basically go back to Fouts, i was 18 in ‘79 for the Air Coryell run. I remember as a young kid the end of Hadl (who was a bad ass mofo, i still love that guy for some reason), the absurd Johnny Unitas PR flop, the Svare pill mill, and Tommy Prothro’s great drafts prior to Air Coryell. Fouts was the era I became an avid can’t miss a play fan and was able to buy my own tickets. I think a lot of folks only know Fouts = Coryell but there was a pre-Coryell Fouts era and it wasnt pretty. I look at Fout’s HOF jacket as the one Coryell should have had.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Back then, all rookie qbs struggled in the NFL for various reasons: Dan Marino was the exception.

Still trying to figure things out as President/GM

Lol nice image post, I remember that. Herbie’s elite level of play so far is fairly unique;
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• northerner
                  Charger fan since '79
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Herbie is the best we’ve ever seen, praise gods of gridiron for their belated benevolence! I think many here forget how incredibly rare it is for a QB to be playing at his level in Year 2 (much less what he did in year 1).

I basically go back to Fouts, i was 18 in ‘79 for the Air Coryell run. I remember as a young kid the end of Hadl (who was a bad ass mofo, i still love that guy for some reason), the absurd Johnny Unitas PR flop, the Svare pill mill, and Tommy Prothro’s great drafts prior to Air Coryell. Fouts was the era I became an avid can’t miss a play fan and was able to buy my own tickets. I think a lot of folks only know Fouts = Coryell but there was a pre-Coryell Fouts era and it wasnt pretty. I look at Fout’s HOF jacket as the one Coryell should have had.
                  People forget that it was Coryell who started the blasphemous "we are going to pass on first down" (and possibly 2nd down and 3rd down!) approach to the game. it is a shame that he is not in the HOF.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yes, Fouts pre-Coryell was a train wreck and w/o Don would have been out of the NFL by year 4-5. He was just that awful.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Yes, Fouts pre-Coryell was a train wreck and w/o Don would have been out of the NFL by year 4-5. He was just that awful.

TG
                      Whole team was a train wreck.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol nice image post, I remember that. Herbie’s elite level of play so far is fairly unique;
                        Elite physically I would agree. Mentally, not so much.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Elite physically I would agree. Mentally, not so much.
                          Good Lord, it boggles my mind the weird shit people post about Herbert. If we had an average QB instead of Herbert, we might not have 3 wins. Is he perfect? No, but you guys are unreal.

Comment

Working...
                          X