• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UglyTruth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They said Rivers threw a very catchable ball as well. He didnt have a rocket arm but i dont know if that means he had great anticipation to make it that way (which he did have good anticipation) by throwing them open as they say or he just had that touch.

In anycase Herberts arm comes in handy plenty but it dont hurt to know when to rifle one and to give the recievers a better chance on others. However i dont recall this many drops last year and Cook has had many of them while replacing Henry.

The opposing DBs dont seem to have a problem catching them.

Now speaking of Mac Jones, they may have a low drop rate this year but you cant argue 6 SB wins with Brady. Think id rather have those with more drops sprinkled in.
    That’s because Cook has hands of stone. Saints fans warned us about this guy and Telesco still decided to replace a Pro Bowl caliber TE Hunter Henry with this garbage.

And I think Brady has pretty decent touch on his passes. He doesn’t throw rockets every single time.
    Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
    - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
    - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
    - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
    - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
    - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
    - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

That’s because Cook has hands of stone. Saints fans warned us about this guy and Telesco still decided to replace a Pro Bowl caliber TE Hunter Henry with this garbage.

And I think Brady has pretty decent touch on his passes. He doesn’t throw rockets every single time.
      I don't recall Saints fans warning us.

I saw him play plenty with the Raiders. He had good seasons there.

He don't look the same. Time to move on from him. He will be 35 next season.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't recall Saints fans warning us.

I saw him play plenty with the Raiders. He had good seasons there.

He don't look the same. Time to move on from him. He will be 35 next season.
        Agree, whatever gas he had in the tank was spent in the first 5 weeks or so. He is so broke now he can't even pay attention, too often he is just wandering around not looking back while Herbert is scrambling looking for the open man.

Not resigning HH is really going to bite us next year. We have a lot of solid guys at TE but no one that ready to break out next season.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          If anyone thinks all NFL teams are playing by the same Covid rules you are naive. The disparity in cases between teams just doesn’t pass the smell test. And of course teams like the Patriots who never adhere strictly to any rules have no outbreaks on their squad. Coincidence? I doubt it
          Nobody wants to talk about it.

Kansas City Chiefs place Travis Kelce, two others on Reserve/COVID-19 (usatoday.com)

Sneed was already out. You wanna tell me they didn't cheat? Of course, they cheated.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            There we're a few overthrown passes by Thor
            he thought he was still throwing to Mike Williams
            I'm not worried
            but regarding passes deflected at the LOS
            That's mainly because he's giving it away with his eyes
            look at the replays
            he'll stare down that first option (I believe the playcall is pre determined to go to the quick first or second option)
            I've seen JH do a great job reading post snap and looking defenders off, we need to forget the quick stuff, or lessen it
            Maybe it's because he can see over line and isn't worried about a throwing lane.

Other QBs have a need to find throwing lanes within pocket because they can't throw over top of defense in their face.

Is there a stat for opportunities to get a paw up to compare with actual deflection.

Maybe Thor is giving them many more chances by ignoring those tiny humans.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Regarding team testing cheating. Maybe coaches like Belichick and Reid have the kind of respect where their players do their upmost to be available for games, knowing it helps their chances.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                Regarding team testing cheating. Maybe coaches like Belichick and Reid have the kind of respect where their players do their upmost to be available for games, knowing it helps their chances.
                Nah. Cheaters to the core.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I see the Colts have placed Wentz on the Covid list. They may be able to cover that up with their running game. We'd be in bad shape if Herbert came down with it.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Yeah sure give up autonomy,individual liberties and hell risk your health and life for the team.Bullshit.Other teams are cheatin the system and gettin a pass because they have more pull and draw more revenue.The sky is blue,waters wet and billionaire orginizations lie and cheat.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

The Patriots added 3 players to the COVID list today, following the 2 they added yesterday. Damn, Bill isn't cheating enough! And the Chiefs had 13 players on their list last week. Damn Andy is losing respect fast!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Both?
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Yeah sure give up autonomy,individual liberties and hell risk your health and life for the team.Bullshit.Other teams are cheatin the system and gettin a pass because they have more pull and draw more revenue.The sky is blue,waters wet and billionaire orginizations lie and cheat.
                          A lot of team’s quarterbacks not on teams Covid list. Draw your own conclusions. Probably best we move on before an admin steps in with a reminder. Broncos Chargers preseason game coming up, for the works.
                          Last edited by Caslon; 12-28-2021, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X