Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    Wasn't the book on Penning as having a Nasty Streak? This isn't the nasty you want/
    Nasty is good. Headcase nasty is not.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

During the off-season I liked Penning for us at first but as I watched him more and time moved along I changed my mind, not because of his penalties, but because he wasn't a good pass blocker. The NFL will take the fighting and dirty play out of him with the fines they impose so that part didn't bother me. Eventually, I decided we better fix the problem at Guard and that's just what the brass decided.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
        Correction: his third fight today so 7 fights in 3 days.
        It would have been more if he wasn't kicked out.

Days of Saint's training camp vs fights with Penning

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

The nuber one trait you look for in an OL is consistency. Proper technique and calm heads prevent negative outcomes.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

The nuber one trait you look for in an OL is consistency. Proper technique and calm heads prevent negative outcomes.
            High volatility and low blocking success rate means he was inconsistently bad?:help:

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

High volatility and low blocking success rate means he was inconsistently bad?:help:
              Bad because inconsistent.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Teven Jenkins missed his 6th straight practice today with undisclosed injury.

Braxton Jones moved into the starting LT spot in mini camp and the Bears just signed Reiff so exactly where Jenkins is on the depth chart is unknown.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Our man Norton chilling … down at a block success rate something shy of 0.20? He has literally the lowest block success rate on the chart. Huh.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Penning was the most penalized player in college football the last two years, and that was him being the big guy in the Big Sky. Put him on the field as an NFL rookie and the refs will roast his ass until he stops.

One reason he's currently second string.
                    i read today that the raiders have demoted alex leatherwood to third string. It might be prudent to take a moment to recognize how good the slater and johnson picks have been in back to back years. Two plug n play guys that have zero issues off or on the field…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      During the off-season I liked Penning for us at first but as I watched him more and time moved along I changed my mind, not because of his penalties, but because he wasn't a good pass blocker. The NFL will take the fighting and dirty play out of him with the fines they impose so that part didn't bother me. Eventually, I decided we better fix the problem at Guard and that's just what the brass decided.
                      Johnson wasn’t the sexy choice but you’ll be hard pressed to find a safer choice, he was even a safer bet than slater was because their were questions as to whether slater’s lack of prototypical size might limit him at the NFL level at the OT position. A lot of NFL folks had slater pencilled in as a guard…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

It would have been more if he wasn't kicked out.

Days of Saint's training camp vs fights with Penning
                        :LOL:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Teven Jenkins missed his 6th straight practice today with undisclosed injury.

Braxton Jones moved into the starting LT spot in mini camp and the Bears just signed Reiff so exactly where Jenkins is on the depth chart is unknown.
                          He was supposed to come into TC as the backup RT, he posted on instagram yesterday, he wrote “I’m fine, don’t believe everything you read”

Comment

Working...
                          X