• Show
Clear All
  • AL9000
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2022
    • San Diego, CA
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

That game with Denver Mahomes was playing the Broncos starters with the Chiefs backups. I remember some of you bragging about how the Chargers beat KCs backups.

I love how you guys think that because they lost one WR the best QB in the league is done. Yeah, they lost Hill but they have clearly upgraded the rest of their WR unit. JuJu had a 1400 yd season before Big Ben fell apart before our very eyes. MVS led the league in yac a couple of years ago. They have one of the best(some say the best) OL in the league. They'll still be a top five offense.

Defensively, it's probably going to take some time to jell. They will have at least 2 rookies starting very possibly more. But early returns have looked very promising. Contrary to what powderpuff thinks Karlaftis is looking like a star in the making. I just seen on the NFL Network that KC has the youngest defense in the league:, their average age is 24.7. This could very possibly be a reloading year for them.

Really, You are bragging about beating ONE team that beat KC. Sounds a little desperate.

Weve been hearing how the Chargers are a SB contender every year, and every year they fall flat. The Chargers have a talented team with questionable coaching, snd they seem to be missing a key element. Heart. They also seem to be pretty fragile. You know what they say, one of the most important abilities you can have is durability.

But I will say this could be their best chance at winning the division. Like I mentioned before KC is very young. defensively and have almost completely rebuilt their WR unit. From what they say it takes WRs about a year to learn Reids playback. But KC has been one of the leagues best drafting teams lately and they have 6 picks in the 1st 4 rounds next year. Like with LA the future is looking bright for them.
    Best QB in the league?! LMAO! We’re all about to see the real Mahomes now without cheat code Hill. Yes you have Kelce but to downplay the loss of Tyreek just screams delusional. JuJu had numbers when he was behind AB. MVS had numbers because he was behind Adams. We’ll sweep KC this year and won’t look back. Book it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Its funny watching you guys get baited into internet fisticuffs by a rib-smoking troll. Defend thy TPB Honor, brave knights!!

you have no need to prove anything to the vagrant from under the bridge. I’d ignore him, myself… oh, wait - i already am
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

I think the SF QB situation is going to blow up once the season starts. Lance is not ready to start for a team with SB aspirations. He was way over-drafted, and in way that's not fair to him, because it comes with such expectations. Lance only started 17 games in college - compare that to his predecessor at NDSU, who started 52 games. I think the 49ers are going to not cut Garoppolo when his salary becomes guaranteed, with the hopeful intention of trading him before the deadline, but also as insurance. I would not be surprised if Garoppolo ends up taking more snaps than Lance this season, and that it's possible Lance develops a mysterious injury if the 49ers don't win with him and Garoppolo conveniently steps into his former starting role. The thing is, while he's on the roster Garoppolo is not a part of the team. He's not practicing, he's not in meetings, he doesn't have a copy of this season's playbook. The situation is unfair to Garoppolo and Lance both. I'm sure Lance is liking the No. 3 overall money he's getting, but he really should have been a 2nd or 3rd day pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          I think the SF QB situation is going to blow up once the season starts. Lance is not ready to start for a team with SB aspirations. He was way over-drafted, and in way that's not fair to him, because it comes with such expectations. Lance only started 17 games in college - compare that to his predecessor at NDSU, who started 52 games. I think the 49ers are going to not cut Garoppolo when his salary becomes guaranteed, with the hopeful intention of trading him before the deadline, but also as insurance. I would not be surprised if Garoppolo ends up taking more snaps than Lance this season, and that it's possible Lance develops a mysterious injury if the 49ers don't win with him and Garoppolo conveniently steps into his former starting role. The thing is, while he's on the roster Garoppolo is not a part of the team. He's not practicing, he's not in meetings, he doesn't have a copy of this season's playbook. The situation is unfair to Garoppolo and Lance both. I'm sure Lance is liking the No. 3 overall money he's getting, but he really should have been a 2nd or 3rd day pick.
          Agree here., I had Trey Lance as a 3rd rounder.

Comment

• AL9000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • San Diego, CA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
            Its funny watching you guys get baited into internet fisticuffs by a rib-smoking troll. Defend thy TPB Honor, brave knights!!

you have no need to prove anything to the vagrant from under the bridge. I’d ignore him, myself… oh, wait - i already am
            I was super bored last night. My bad!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

Best QB in the league?! LMAO! We’re all about to see the real Mahomes now without cheat code Hill. Yes you have Kelce but to downplay the loss of Tyreek just screams delusional. JuJu had numbers when he was behind AB. MVS had numbers because he was behind Adams. We’ll sweep KC this year and won’t look back. Book it.
              Bold prediction......I hope so........

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Bold prediction......I hope so........
                We compare well O for O and appear to be the superior defense.
                We'll see!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tges58 View Post

That game with Denver Mahomes was playing the Broncos starters with the Chiefs backups. I remember some of you bragging about how the Chargers beat KCs backups.

I love how you guys think that because they lost one WR the best QB in the league is done. Yeah, they lost Hill but they have clearly upgraded the rest of their WR unit. JuJu had a 1400 yd season before Big Ben fell apart before our very eyes. MVS led the league in yac a couple of years ago. They have one of the best(some say the best) OL in the league. They'll still be a top five offense.

Defensively, it's probably going to take some time to jell. They will have at least 2 rookies starting very possibly more. But early returns have looked very promising. Contrary to what powderpuff thinks Karlaftis is looking like a star in the making. I just seen on the NFL Network that KC has the youngest defense in the league:, their average age is 24.7. This could very possibly be a reloading year for them.

Really, You are bragging about beating ONE team that beat KC. Sounds a little desperate.

Weve been hearing how the Chargers are a SB contender every year, and every year they fall flat. The Chargers have a talented team with questionable coaching, snd they seem to be missing a key element. Heart. They also seem to be pretty fragile. You know what they say, one of the most important abilities you can have is durability.

But I will say this could be their best chance at winning the division. Like I mentioned before KC is very young. defensively and have almost completely rebuilt their WR unit. From what they say it takes WRs about a year to learn Reids playback. But KC has been one of the leagues best drafting teams lately and they have 6 picks in the 1st 4 rounds next year. Like with LA the future is looking bright for them.
                  1. Emphatically, Mahomes is not the best QB in the league.

2. I am really not sure what part of a then 5-10 2017 DEN team mailing in the final meaningless game of the season you do not get. And, like I said, three of the other 5 games Mahomes has played without Hill were against bottom 10 ranked pass defenses.

3. JuJu has not been able to duplicate the success of his 2018 season ever since then. He will fit right in with Mahomes in that respect. Blaming Roethlisberger for Juju's shortcomings is not statistically supported for the most part.

4. Hill was arguably the single most disruptive factor for defenses in the entire league. No WR replaces Hill in that respect.

5. MVS, like Juju, is a solid NFL player, but nothing special. And Rodgers is better than Mahomes.

6. Mahomes has always benefitted from having a good OL. We all saw how he handled (failed to handle) pressure against TB.

7. KC's offense should be strong, maybe not quite top 5, but strong. KC's defense should be middle of the road at best.

8. Karlaftis has not played one regular season NFL snap. He should be fine in the NFL, but I doubt he is anything special. KC fans should be holding their breath out of concern that he even carries the value of a first round pick. Some pundits thought he had significant potential to be a bust/not carry the value of a first round pick.

9. Also, I am not bragging about anything relative to the Bengals. My point was that the Chargers showed that they can easily a team with 3 good WRs even with the poor defense that the Chargers had last year. It is just funny that the Chiefs lost to the Bengals twice, including at Hebert's home away from home (KC) in the playoffs.

10. I have no idea how you are hearing about the Chargers being a Super Bowl contender every year. The Chargers have had several years in which the team was coming off of substantially below .500 records. Nobody was seriously predicting that they were a Super Bowl contender coming off of those seasons.

11. They are a Super Bowl contender this year and it is not just Chargers fans saying that.

12. The NFL has had zero truly dominant teams for many years now. A ticket to the playoffs has always meant a real chance to win the Super Bowl in recent years because every playoff team has been vulnerable. Last year, many Chargers fans thought we had a good chance at making the playoffs, which automatically made us a Super Bowl contender in today's NFL. Again, just look at the Bengals. If the Ravens do not have a hospital's worth of injured players, the Bengals are probably not even a playoff team and even that team made it to the Super Bowl. Our luck last year was awful when it came to three lost games in particular--the OT loss to KC (James injury plus lost OT coin toss), the OT loss to LV (lost OT coin toss), and the loss at HOU (Mike Williams, Jalen Guyton and a bunch of other players out with Covid-19, changing a likely win into a loss).

As a Chargers fan, I do not sweat the Chiefs at all. Going forward, I expect the Chargers to win every game against the Chiefs because the Chargers have the better QB just as long as Mahomes does not have the advantage everywhere else as he did for years versus either Rivers or Herbert. Mahomes never was as good as his press clippings suggested. He has benefitted hugely from his supporting cast, and the system his head coach put in 2018 that took time for teams to figure out. But at the end of the day, if you keep Mahomes in the pocket, he is nothing special.

By contrast, Herbert was breaking rookie records while running for his life with the worst OL in the league, while suffering from having an idiot as his head coach in Anthony Lynn. On an even playing field, Herbert is better than Mahomes all day and night long. Just this week, a former lineman that played with Peyton Manning stated that Herbert was the best QB he had ever seen. Jimmy Johnson stated that if he had to form a team, his first pick would be Herbert. Bigger, faster, better passer--just better than Mahomes. I went (to KC), I saw, and I believe.
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-27-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Mahomes embraces his brand (non football) better than any other football player currently active. Most people love him while only a few (Charger fans) hate :stirpot:

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Chain CRUSHES another one. Nice job. 100% right.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                        Mahomes embraces his brand (non football) better than any other football player currently active. Most people love him while only a few (Charger fans) hate :stirpot:
                        Covering my eyes.
                        Only hearing this in Patty's squeeky voice.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Covering my eyes.
                          Only hearing this in Patty's squeeky voice.
                          I usually don’t say a thing when around others, so duped by commercial media.

Comment

Working...
                          X