• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’m not a proponent of resigning Schofield but there are 31 other teams, not all will hit FA, and most are no better if not worse than Mike.
    I assume most of them suck, and some will be resigned. also, did you notice that list has both Scott and Drango on the OG list?

My point is simply why lock in to signing Scho if there's someone better? Scho wasn't very good and he's not under contract, he's no different than any others on this list - lets not pick based on who was the most recent guy to have a locker painted blue. Due diligence is not resigning a guy just because he was here last year.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I assume most of them suck, and some will be resigned. also, did you notice that list has both Scott and Drango on the OG list?

My point is simply why lock in to signing Scho if there's someone better? Scho wasn't very good and he's not under contract, he's no different than any others on this list - lets not pick based on who was the most recent guy to have a locker painted blue. Due diligence is not resigning a guy just because he was here last year.
      That makes sense..... wait till the final list of FA's has been established, then pick the best ones from those..... no use over paying for our own guys who are not good when there might be better options out there..... if we are going to pay or over pay for someone, they should at least be better then what we had......

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

More urgent to upgrade RT and Feeney's spot, maybe even C, depending on what happens with Pouncey...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

More urgent to upgrade RT and Feeney's spot, maybe even C, depending on what happens with Pouncey...
          agree, but resigning Scho is a FA signing. so its still the same thought for me ... why Scho? whats he done the last several years to warrant signing?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

agree, but resigning Scho is a FA signing. so its still the same thought for me ... why Scho? whats he done the last several years to warrant signing?
            Allow fewer sacks than Tevi and Scott?

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Wow settin the mark pretty high I see...

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Wow settin the mark pretty high I see...
                And I'm not a big Scho fan, either. I say, evaluate all the FA's out there, sign one FA OT and one C/G, draft an OT early and an OG late, cut Scott, kick Tevi inside, let 'em all compete, and IF we still have the need for a backup at RG and Scho hasn't been signed, offer him a team-friendly deal for one year...that's how much I value Scho...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And I'm not a big Scho fan, either. I say, evaluate all the FA's out there, sign one FA OT and one C/G, draft an OT early and an OG late, cut Scott, kick Tevi inside, let 'em all compete, and IF we still have the need for a backup at RG and Scho hasn't been signed, offer him a team-friendly deal for one year...that's how much I value Scho...
                  Agree - you sign an OL guy either because he’s good or to maintain continuity. Well, they can piss off on their continuity, so ...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't disagree. I just think TommyJohn (credit to Beachcomber for that name as he is right, the Spanii are involved) - will keep Schofield as he is cheap. But you are right, if they can spend whatever and get better - they should get better.

When I look at the OL - I think it needs a major overhaul. I don't think its all just "coaching them up with Campen" that will fix it. I have read that Tevi is better suited to a zone blocking scheme because of his feet - well it better be at OG and not OT.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

per RapSheet

Benjamin will not be back with the Chargers
                      he will count 1.5m of dead cap because they re-did his contract last year instead of just cutting him last year.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Showed the best ability.... availability to start all 16 games in 2018 & 2019.

Would be nice to see that ability from the rest of them.

Hard for the 5 to make 1 solid unit when you can only count on 1 of them to be there.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SDBORN
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          per RapSheet

Benjamin will not be back with the Chargers
                          he will count 1.5m of dead cap because they re-did his contract last year instead of just cutting him last year.
                          Just saw this. Benji is gone. He's finally gone!

The Twitter link in case it wasn't posted.

Comment

Working...
                          X