• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Pointing the gun, or gesturing/indicating the gun while verbally threatening...

Only two reasons to bring out the piece...to use it to defend a life, or to deter/scare off an attacker...I doubt Mixon or anyone else was in danger from that woman...he was probably being the raging butthole that he is...hopefully good riddance.
    In my personal experiences, there is a 3rd (more prevalent) reason... many bring out a piece to defend/enforce their right to be a raging butthole...

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Titans, DT Jeffery Simmons agree to terms on blockbuster four-year, $94 million contract extension!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

In my personal experiences, there is a 3rd (more prevalent) reason... many bring out a piece to defend/enforce their right to be a raging butthole...
        Where do you spend most of your time? I'm a 78 yo ex Army country boy and have never seen that. I'm guessing that your "raging buttholes" are violent criminals and/ or mentally ill and/ or drunk and/ or on drugs who have no legal right to a firearm. Were they arrested? Charged, sentenced to prevent reccurrence?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Unfortunately very true . . . . . particularly in a road rage situation, or when alcohol or drugs are involved. Just beyond stupid.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Unfortunately very true . . . . . particularly in a road rage situation, or when alcohol or drugs are involved. Just beyond stupid.
            Gangsta?
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Sounds like you guys are referring to incidents you read about or see in the news.
              -As opposed to personal experience.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sounds like you guys are referring to incidents you read about or see in the news.
                More like Stupid + Guns don't mix well....

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

-As opposed to personal experience.
                  Nope - personal experience, and I've seen many guys (and a few gals) tossed out of firing ranges or competitions for inadvertently sweeping someone. Brandishing a handgun violates every gun safety rule in existence. One (very) minor slip up and you go from brandishing to manslaughter or attempted murder.

It generally takes 5 - 7 lbs of pressure to depress the trigger on most self defense type pistols (Glocks, etc) - that's not very much . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Gangsta?
                    I'm trying not to go there . . . . . but if the shoe fits . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

More like Stupid + Guns don't mix well....
                      Very much THIS.

Last gun post . . . . . . not going to hijack the thread, and this will go off the rails quickly . . .

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Where do you spend most of your time? I'm a 78 yo ex Army country boy and have never seen that. I'm guessing that your "raging buttholes" are violent criminals and/ or mentally ill and/ or drunk and/ or on drugs who have no legal right to a firearm. Were they arrested? Charged, sentenced to prevent reccurrence?
                        Grew up in the east county of SD. The raging buttholes were fellow HS students. 2 of the occurrences involved a girl, a lie, and offended rednecks. 2 separate occurrences involved alcohol, a need to be heard, and a need to win an argument... different rednecks. Later in life, I lived in the Central Valley. Those two incidences involved intimidation... and rednecks. No one arrested, no drugs, no criminals, no mental illness... just hurt feelings and a need to be right or intimidate. Nothing I couldn't talk my way out of. Reason and de-escalation were better deterrents than any firearm... in fact, I'm real glad I didn't have a firearm. I feel that it worked in my advantage. In every instance, I let them know... you're the one with the gun, you're in charge, I pose no threat, what do you need from me...?

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ekeler is not easily replaceable, Joe Mixon is.
                          If you compare Ekeler's worth to the team, with any other Charger, you'd go away thinking he's underpaid.

Didn't Mixon try to pay the woman off before the story made the news? He's an old hand at it.
                          I don't think he's that much underpaid...it's that we (Chargers) whipped out the Checkbook for so many players that have under performed their expected duties. He knows there's a finite time for earning a payday. Maybe he feels like that ship has sailed because A) the Chargers have no more money to spend going forward B) They don't seem to be to interested in doing a new contract after this year. Maybe he's posturing so he DOES get released either on draft day or the day after.

Comment

Working...
                          X