• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PackerNation
    Banned
    • Jun 2023
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I’m picking the Lions in the NFC North. I thought Dan Campbell was a joke when they hired him but he’s got them believing and they finished strong.
    People are high on the Lions just because they beat the Packers the final game of the season to knock the Pack out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers literally handed them the game. It's one reason the Packers moved on from him. You can't lose that game. Aaron is the main reason they did.

The Lions never make the playoffs. The Packers miss one year and the Lions are great now? Too funny! The Lions have not won crap for several decades.

Pick whoever you want to win the NFC North, but if you think the Packers are no longer the Kings Of The North because they fleeced the Jets and got rid of Aaron Rodgers, then you are in for a very rude awakening.
    Screenshot_20230704-003459_(1).png
    FrbpALcXwAEZ_9D.jpg
    images-28.jpg
    images-31.jpg

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post

People are high on the Lions just because they beat the Packers the final game of the season to knock the Pack out of the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers literally handed them the game. It's one reason the Packers moved on from him. You can't lose that game. Aaron is the main reason they did.

The Lions never make the playoffs. The Packers miss one year and the Lions are great now? Too funny! The Lions have not won crap for several decades.

Pick whoever you want to win the NFC North, but if you think the Packers are no longer the Kings Of The North because they fleeced the Jets and got rid of Aaron Rodgers, then you are in for a very rude awakening.
      Screenshot_20230704-003459_(1).png
      FrbpALcXwAEZ_9D.jpg
      images-28.jpg
      images-31.jpg
      People are high on the Lions because they won eight of their last 10 games last season, including impressive victories over the GIants (31-18) Jaguars (40-14), and Vikings (34-23), all playoff teams. They also gave the Bills and Dolphins all they could handle in close losses. They also swept your Packers.

Will that momentum carry into this coming season? It remains to be seen, just like it is with your Packers. What the Lions have going for them is one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and a head coach they are completely behind. Their defense could improve, and I think it will. If they had a top 10 quarterback they would be right up there with Philadelphia and San Francisco as a favorite in the NFC.

Detroit is a team I'm rooting for in the NFC. Sorry.

Comment

• PackerNation
        Banned
        • Jun 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

People are high on the Lions because they won eight of their last 10 games last season, including impressive victories over the GIants (31-18) Jaguars (40-14), and Vikings (34-23), all playoff teams. They also gave the Bills and Dolphins all they could handle in close losses. They also swept your Packers.

Will that momentum carry into this coming season? It remains to be seen, just like it is with your Packers. What the Lions have going for them is one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and a head coach they are completely behind. Their defense could improve, and I think it will. If they had a top 10 quarterback they would be right up there with Philadelphia and San Francisco as a favorite in the NFC.

Detroit is a team I'm rooting for in the NFC. Sorry.
        Like I said in my post above, pick to win, or "root for" whoever you want in the NFC North, knock yourself out.

I'd say the best OLs in the NFC are Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, and Atlanta. You may say Atlanta? Yes, they have a very good OL. Atlanta is not a great team, but their OL is very good. I'm sure most here(haters😏) won't agree that Green Bay has a high quality OL. Those individuals would be wrong. Starting five, and depth, the Packers are no doubt a top 5 OL. Detroit has a good OL, but I would not say it's better than Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, and Atlanta.

You can believe Dan Campbell is a great coach, but Matt LaFleur has won 49 games in 4 years, and been to 2 NFC Championship games in his four seasons as head coach of the Pack. Players love him and he is one of the most liked and respected coaches around the league.

Dan Campbell has proven nothing and won 12 games in two years in Detroit. Never been to the playoffs, yet it appears you feel he is the best coach in the North. I will say that personally I have nothing against Dan Campbell. I don't know him well, but he and I ran a youth TE camp one year during the time he was TEs coach for the Dolphins. Have nothing negative to say about Dan personally, but to gas him and the Lions up the way you are appearing to here is curious at best.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

PackersNation... you're living in the past with your OL evaluations.

Decker > Bakhtiari. Bakhtiari has been one of my favorites over the years. I scouted his games when he played for Colorado. But his body is breaking down. His best years are behind him. I'm also a big fan of Taylor Decker. Not that PFF rankings are super popular around here... but at least they provide a 2nd opinion... Decker scored 74.4. I expect that our young Pro Bowl LT (Rashawn Slater) will be as good, or better than both of those guys.

Jenkins > Jackson. LG is the one position along the OL you have an advantage. Us draft gurus really liked Elgton out of Miss St. Having said that, Jonah Jackson is pretty good too. For the record, we have a LG that will eventually be better than both of those guys.

Ragnow > Myers. Myers is average, to above-average. He's just not Frank Ragnow. Ragnow does everything... he's one of the best young centers in the NFL (maybe only behind Creed Humphrey). I don't have to tell you about our guy, Corey Linsley.

Vaitai vs Runyan. Runyan is another player that got discussed here pre-draft... obviously the last name generated a lot of attention. He should be a good player for a long time. I assume I don't have to tell you how good Vaitai was for the Eagles... Health/age is the issue here with Vaitai. If both are healthy... I pick Vaitai over Runyan. We'll have Jamaree Salyer @RG this year. He had to step in and play LT when Rashawn Slater went down. His play level (6th round rookie) @70 per PFF was nothing less than a miracle. Salyer will be @RG for a very long time... his versatility is a huge bonus.

Sewell > Nijma. This one's not even close. Sewell started slow... but recovered nicely. Sewell might be the next Lane Johnson (another Nutty favorite and TPB obsession). I kinda like Rasheed Walker out of college. He should be your RT if he develops nicely. But they'll never be Penei Sewell. Rare athleticism for that size. Speaking of development... our boy Trey Pipkins finally got his shit together. I wasn't a big fan... hopefully he'll continue to improve. Currently, I'd take him over what you got at RT. Whoever you have out there on November 19th... you better dedicate a RB or TE to helping them out against Mr. Bosa....

Quite honestly PN... I'm fairly underwhelmed by your football knowledge.
          Perhaps membership in the self-proclaimed "Greatest Fanbase in Football" doesn't always translate to superior football knowledge...

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Agree with you in regards to Atlanta's OL. Very good. We had vigorous discussions about every one of those players. Woodeye gets bragging rights on McGrary. That was a Nutty miss. I thought he belonged at OG. But his footwork has been a real surprise. Bergeron will have to play a snap first in the NFL to truly be evaluated. I saw balance, consistency issues, and outside speed issues with him. Putting him at OG should help him. Right next to a Nutty favorite (Mathews) should help his development.

With Bijian, London, and Pitts... they have a solid base. The big question in Atlanta... the QB.
            Atlanta has spent a lot of draft capital on the offensive side of the ball lately... the defense is getting long-in-the-tooth at certain positions. I was a big fan of Bud Dupree. I liked their Clark Phillips Jr. pick (maybe the steal of the draft).

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by PackerNation View Post

Like I said in my post above, pick to win, or "root for" whoever you want in the NFC North, knock yourself out.

I'd say the best OLs in the NFC are Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, and Atlanta. You may say Atlanta? Yes, they have a very good OL. Atlanta is not a great team, but their OL is very good. I'm sure most here(haters😏) won't agree that Green Bay has a high quality OL. Those individuals would be wrong. Starting five, and depth, the Packers are no doubt a top 5 OL. Detroit has a good OL, but I would not say it's better than Philly, Dallas, Green Bay, and Atlanta.

You can believe Dan Campbell is a great coach, but Matt LaFleur has won 49 games in 4 years, and been to 2 NFC Championship games in his four seasons as head coach of the Pack. Players love him and he is one of the most liked and respected coaches around the league.

Dan Campbell has proven nothing and won 12 games in two years in Detroit. Never been to the playoffs, yet it appears you feel he is the best coach in the North. I will say that personally I have nothing against Dan Campbell. I don't know him well, but he and I ran a youth TE camp one year during the time he was TEs coach for the Dolphins. Have nothing negative to say about Dan personally, but to gas him and the Lions up the way you are appearing to here is curious at best.
              The only thing I wrote about Dan Campbell is that the players are completely behind him. I don't know how you turned that into meaning I believe he's the best coach in the NFC North, or that I think he's a great coach. It remains to be seen, but I give him a lot of credit for turning that team around the way he did. Jim Schwartz did the same thing and didn't last long. Campbell still has a lot to prove, just as LaFleur and the rest of the coaches in the NFC North do. Let's see if your head coach can win big with Jordan Love.

I agree that Atlanta has a very good offensive line. I do think you're not giving Detroit enough credit for its offensive line, though, simply because you're a Packers fan and don't want to believe it.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

And look at the Vikings OL!

LT Darrisaw (Monster!)
                LG Cleveland
                OC Bradberry
                RG Ingram (who many of us liked... and should develop nicely)
                RT O'Neill

Even the Bears OL could rival Green Bay's (you know I'm a Darnell Wright fan)

1) Vikings
                2) Lions
                3/4 Packers
                3/4 Bears

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

W vs. Miami. Staley stifled them last year. Their D looks good, but after CB's Howard and Ramsey... secondary gets thin. #3 and #4 WR's should feast.
                  W @ Tenn. Not enough on offense to hang with us.
                  W @ Vikes. The offense looks potent. The defense looks suspect.
                  W vs. Raiders. They will struggle offensively.
                  Bye 4-0
                  W vs. Cowboys. They'll miss Moore... and their defense is suspect.
                  L @ KC. As we know, this game can go either way. We matchup well now.
                  W vs. Bears. Not enough playmakers on offense to hang with us.
                  W @Jets. Even Aaron Rodgers can't save them.
                  W vs Lions. Almost there on offense... young defenders (Branch and Gardner-Johnson) entriguing. Might challenge Vikings... but not us.
                  W @ GB. Predicting a bloodbath. Not enough on offense yet. The secondary isn't deep enough.
                  W vs. Ravens. Flowers and Bateman go to waste... will Lamar ever become an effective passer?
                  W @ Patriots. Mac Jones ain't Justin Herbert. Not enough weapons. Their secondary is filling up with Nutty favorites.
                  W vs. Denver. Can Sean Payton inspire Russell Wilson back to life...? Do they have enough to match our WR's...? Nah.
                  W @ Raiduhs. Grappalo can't last this long into the season...? Would it matter...? Nah.
                  W vs. Bills. After Diggs... I kinda like our receiving corps better. Nutty favorites Rouseau and Milano... aging Von Miller and Floyd...? OL going to have to be healthy.
                  L @ Broncos. Division game... in the cold. Rest some players...?
                  W vs. Chiefs. Half TPB will scream "Rest them" But Staley will want the momentum (and possible bye). Let the Chiefs know we have arrived in time for the playoffs and we can beat you.

I know... 15-2 is too much to ask for. I'm just a humble fan of team that has never won a Super Bowl... I get it.
                  PackerNation has inspired me to trade one Lombardi... for another.
                  I only see Tennessee, the Raiders twice , the Bears & the Packers as games they should win ..... but won't necessarily.

The other games I'm not going to even pretend i'd know the outcome.

If I had to make a wager, i'd chalk up a loss in New England - as always.

In my opinion, the first 4 games up to the bye will set the template: Miami at home, Tennessee, the Raiders, the Vikes on the road.
                  That's as easy a 4 game stretch as they'll have.

Split those games, and I can see the wheels coming off the cart by mid-season, when injuries mount.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

For me, Dolphins, @Vikings, Lions, Bills... those are the toss-ups. In the end, our offense will overwhelm their secondaries. High scoring affairs (along with mostly defensive players healthy) are going to carry us this year.

I don't worry about the Patriots at all... their offense is not what it used to be.
                    We'll split with Chiefs and Donkos (late-season division game in Donkver).

If we split the Dolphins, Vikings, Lions, Bills games... we still end up 13-4. IMO, that's realistic.

Comment

• PackerNation
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2023
                      • Send PM

Just typing BS over and over will not make it fact. Sorry, I've been in this game at all levels for 4 decades plus. I have forgot more about football than you will ever know about the game.

Good thing we are through camp and you have handed the RT job to Yosh *Nijman. Zach Tom says hello. Camp battles show the strength of rosters. All Packers OL are highly versatile and can play multiple positions. Zach Tom and Jenkins can play all 5 positions on the line, and well. And that brings me to depth, which you must take into account when discussing what teams have the best OLs. Injuries happen and those teams that don't miss a beat when an OL goes down are the best lines in the league.

A lot of times you write like a 12 year old who is making a first attempt at trolling. Bakhtiari is 100% healthy and feels better than ever. Bakh is only 31 years old, which is fairly young for a vet tackle. The body actually feels 29, because last season was his first season getting back to normal after almost a year and half of not putting wear and tear on the body. Any player/coach will tell you Bakh is still a Top 3 LT in the game.

I really couldn't care less what Chargers fans said about players before they were drafted. Internet wannabe "draft gurus" get zero attention from me, sorry. It's fine to have some fun discussing draft prospects, but don't pretend that reading draft sites, listening to talking heads, and watching YouTube clips makes one a draft expert.

I am very sure I watch more All-22 film than anyone here, and attend many more college games, but I still don't fancy myself as a scout or draft expert. I leave that to real experts like Gute and his staff.

Rasheed Walker is depth at LT. More natural fit for him than RT. Though again, all Packers OL are cross trained at several positions. Versatile is the name of the game in the Packers OL room run by Luke Butkus & Steno the OC is in there a lot. It's LaFleur's offense and he runs it, so Steno can multi-task and be in several spots. Great OL coach was Adam Stenavich before becoming OC.

Coaching is another thing to take into account when ranking offensive lines.

Some AFC OLs I think are high quality: Chiefs, Ravens, and Browns.

I think the Chargers have a Top 12 OL.. Top 5 or 6 in the AFC.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Chargers are @ +3000 odds to win the Super Bowl... and the Over/Under is @9.5 wins.
                        The SB bet is always a prayer. But that Over/Under seems like a safe bet to cover your SB flier....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          The Chiefs this off season said goodbye to LT Orlando Brown and signed Jawaan Taylor away from the Jaguars, but he's going to play RT. They're going to give LT to Donovan Smith, whose play was so bad for the Bucs last year they cut him after the season. This will be interesting to watch play out. Mike Florio says here that he fears the refs will protect Smith by letting him get away with holding in order to protect Mahomes.

QFT - so fucking true. The intentionally blatantly overtly shit officiating of the trench is a disgrace. its an embarrassment - there is absolutely no way officials arent seeing what is so glaringly obvious.

Joey was a giant angry baby and wrong in that sense - but he was also 100% right, he was being held on every single play and did not get one call the entire game.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X