• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

One thing that should help us a bit is running the same O and D this year as last, so perhaps we won't be rusty. I hate having a Thursday game so close after our first game, especially a division road game.
    Got to not rush Jackson back too soon. That’s a semi letdown possibily not seeing him until game 3. He was a key aquire.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Jeff Miller

@JeffMillerLATFollow

I can confirm that Jackson is out of his walking boot and can run. He literally sprinted from the main part of the locker room today after seeing the media gathered nearby, much to the delight of teammates Derwin James and Asante Samuel.

Still gametime decision. Jackson is a definite maybe vs 'Turds.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Rams lost starting LT Whitworth, starting RG Corbett. May take awhile getting new guys up to speed.

We are returning LG starter, Pro Bowl LT and C. Played rookie RG Zion and RT Pipkins in preseason.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
          Buffalo is definitely the top team but the way they play could lead to fatique if not injury. Especially when you have Josh Allen running guys over late in the 4th.
          They sure looked good but in truth, they won a game - that doesn't make them "the top team". It's a long season.

I'm sure impressed with Josh Allen though. He's both accurate and strong-armed. I hope Herbert doesn't start running recklessly like Allen does.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

They sure looked good but in truth, they won a game - that doesn't make them "the top team". It's a long season.

I'm sure impressed with Josh Allen though. He's both accurate and strong-armed. I hope Herbert doesn't start running recklessly like Allen does.
            THAT earns a BIG "AMEN"!!!! from JoJa!!!!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

One thing I don't want to hear anymore is how Chargers home games are "taken over" by other teams fans. The Bills Mafia seemed to outnumber the Rams fans about 5 to 1. Yes the defending Super Bowl Champion Rams fans that is. They out cheered them at about a 10 - 1 clip too (even when the game was close). Even Tirico said at one point something like......"well there are the Rams fans finally making some noise...." Short lived as I recall.

Everyone travels to LA it seems. With Hollywood and Disneyland, cheap airfares and an easy place to find accommodations.....it is THE place to come.......

Comment

• AL9000
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • San Diego, CA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Buffalo will steam roll the Chargers, if that ever happens.
                lol I wouldn’t say that! We’re probably the only team, if healthy, that can take them.

Comment

• AL9000
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2022
                  • San Diego, CA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  If I was a Bills fan, I'd be worried a lot about some of the unnecessary hits he keeps taking. No need to lower your shoulder and try and run over people when you are up by multiple scores late in the game and have the ball, especially in game 1.
                  I don’t know man; he’s like Big Ben on steroids. Dude is a monster. If anyone is getting hurt by him running it’s going to be the defender.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post

I don’t know man; he’s like Big Ben on steroids. Dude is a monster. If anyone is getting hurt by him running it’s going to be the defender.
                    Don't kid yourself, any player can get injured. That's exactly why RB's have such short careers. We've all seen super strong RB's that run over people but eventually their career is shortened.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Duck of Death
                      Social Piranha
                      • May 2022
                      • Flyover, USA
                      • Send PM

Don't kid yourself, any player can get injured. That's exactly why RB's have such short careers. We've all seen super strong RB's that run over people but eventually their career is shortened.
                      He’s been running like this for 4 years. At some point it will definitely catch up to him. But in the meantime, he sure is one heck of a tough SOB to bring down.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                        Social Piranha
                        • May 2022
                        • Flyover, USA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        One thing I don't want to hear anymore is how Chargers home games are "taken over" by other teams fans. The Bills Mafia seemed to outnumber the Rams fans about 5 to 1. Yes the defending Super Bowl Champion Rams fans that is. They out cheered them at about a 10 - 1 clip too (even when the game was close). Even Tirico said at one point something like......"well there are the Rams fans finally making some noise...." Short lived as I recall.

Everyone travels to LA it seems. With Hollywood and Disneyland, cheap airfares and an easy place to find accommodations.....it is THE place to come.......
                        SoCal is the transplant capital of the US. Even without traveling fans, there will always be a strong contingent of opposing fans at SoFi that are simply transplanted residents of LA, OC, etc. That’s just a reality that won’t ever change. Arrowhead has always been filled with mostly KC fans - because it’s simply not a popular destination for folks to move. Winning will help, but even then it can’t fully overcome the demographics. Even when the Lakers were winning all those championships, there would always be a noticeable contingent of opposing fans in the stands - esp when Boston came to town.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I sure don’t want to see a called QB run if we’re up by 21 midway thru Q4
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X