• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

No to Herbert. That style of guy, after Burrow I like Fromm best but prefer going with Hurts. Give Lynn the player he thinks he needs to succeed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      Ive been saying we need to take Justin Herbert with our first pick. A lot of the mock drafts has us taking him including Todd Mcshay and Mel Kiper.
      Which means zippo. Those guys will have us picking ten different players in mocks from now to April... Including two or three different QBs.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        I could see that. Man, just don’t know what’s there in Stick.
        Easton Stick replaced Carson Wentz and holds the NCAA Division Record for most wins going 49-3. Easton Stick is Carson Wentz 2.0. I think TT loves this kid. I believe that's why he let Car-Dale go after a good preseason.
        Last edited by ChargingBolts; 01-02-2020, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

time rip the band aid completely off
          fast and furious

Idea:
          Trade down from #6 to around 12-20.
          Accumilate another 1st round pick 2021
          Trade down from #37 to 50-60
          Accumilate another 2nd round pick 2021
          Draft O-line and NT. big beef is what we need.
          Roll with Tyrod/Stick to 6-10 season.
          Trade both 2021 #1's for first overall
          Draft Trevor Lawrence to go behind the big beef drafted 2020.

Sit back and collect AFCw titles for 10 years, multiple deep playoff runs and SB icing on the cake.

Its a nice dream right?

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

I think I'd rather trade up for Burrows than Lawrence, just a gut feeling, although I did have a gut feeling about Johhny Manziel and Baker Mayfield probably because I put too much into moxy. But in a perfect world I would rather wait for the pundits to go nuts for a can't miss like they did with Andrew Luck.

Otherwise I really like what the Cardinals did for years, instead of rolling the dice in the draft they went after proven guys, Kurt Warner then Carson Palmer.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

really think this last season is more an anomaly than indicative of what we've got here (talent wise)…. AL is a winner (the reason I wanted RR is more an indication of how much I think of Rivera as opposed to what I don't think of Lynn, albeit there are some things that make me a shade uneasy there).

would also volunteer that this whole running/mobile QB thing is haphazard as it has been proffered time and again how these guys get sacked more often and are more susceptible to injury (prone).
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                I think I'd rather trade up for Burrows than Lawrence, just a gut feeling, although I did have a gut feeling about Johhny Manziel and Baker Mayfield probably because I put too much into moxy. But in a perfect world I would rather wait for the pundits to go nuts for a can't miss like they did with Andrew Luck.

Otherwise I really like what the Cardinals did for years, instead of rolling the dice in the draft they went after proven guys, Kurt Warner then Carson Palmer.
                Yes they may have hit the jackpot with kurt warner but how many times did they fail not getting a QB in the draft?

Comment

• Electric Chicken
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                  Ive been saying we need to take Justin Herbert with our first pick. A lot of the mock drafts has us taking him including Todd Mcshay and Mel Kiper.
                  I took Herbert in my mock draft based on what I would do if it was up to me ,,,, but it seems like the plan in place is for Tyrod. We may be better off signing a vet qb to compete with Taylor. Would anyone be down with trading our #6 pick for a vet QB ? and if so, who?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Easton Stick replaced Carson Wentz and holds the NCAA Division Record for most wins going 49-3. Easton Stick is Carson Wentz 2.0. I think TT loves this kid. I believe that's why he let Car-Dale go after a good preseason.
                    Yet Wentz was a first round pick and Stick was a 5th.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Tyrod is a re-tread with extremely limited talent. I certainly hope we aren't thinking of him as the future. Draft a QB and have them fight it out with Stick and Tyrod in the pre-season to see who starts.

As I said in a previous thread, I'd also be ok with Rivers back for one more year on the condition that his replacement is drafted. I'm absolutely against bringing him back without the latter though.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
                        Tyrod is a re-tread with extremely limited talent. I certainly hope we aren't thinking of him as the future. Draft a QB and have them fight it out with Stick and Tyrod in the pre-season to see who starts.

As I said in a previous thread, I'd also be ok with Rivers back for one more year on the condition that his replacement is drafted. I'm absolutely against bringing him back without the latter though.
                        Then either Tyrod or Stick would be cut. Don't see it happening. I think Bolts let Rivers go, and roll with Tyrod and Stick or possibly draft someone like Hurts in round 2.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Then either Tyrod or Stick would be cut. Don't see it happening. I think Bolts let Rivers go, and roll with Tyrod and Stick or possibly draft someone like Hurts in round 2.
                          Why suddenly would they only go with two quarterbacks? If Rivers does not return, they'll go draft another rookie or get a vet backup, in case Stick is still not ready.

Or do they go with only one qb next year? A Lynn wanting to boost Tyrod's confidence. Some here would go for that, hoping tyrod gets injured and they go into full tank-a-thon mode.

Comment

Working...
                          X